Author Topic: Okay, I've seen enough of this Waters loser.  (Read 102203 times)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: Okay, I've seen enough of this Waters loser.
« Reply #1025 on: December 07, 2014, 04:01:12 AM »
You guys don't understand why someone would see his stats as completely empty? His breaking that yardage record makes his legacy even more polarizing. He has had some high profile face planting. His best two wins were against a garbage Michigan team and this years gross OU team. That last drive is absolutely what Jake Waters was a K-State. Slow drive, a few questionable runs, holding the ball tok long, a seemingly great game saving pass that was equal parts amazing play by Lockett and fantastic pass by Waters, then a completely inexcusable interception.

At this point you have to be willing to ignore a lot to act like we should hold Jake Waters in any high regard with the K-State QBs that wre universally adored.
I don't know...I just think that it's hard to call tonight a "face plant" when Waters goes 22-27 for 300 yards.  I'll give you that last year, Waters was really bad for most of the year, especially early on.  But this season?  Outside of Auburn (and maybe TCU), he's been objectively good.  Even if you do 100% blame Waters for the interception (which, who knows), there's no way to characterize his passing night as anything other than really good.

Sure, Lockett is maybe the best receiver K-State's ever had.  But Lockett has also had the luxury of playing with Waters, who is good enough to put Lockett into a position where he can do his thing.

And every great K-State QB has been complimented by another great player on offense.  Yes, Waters has Lockett.  But Chad May had Kevin.  Bishop had Mcdonald and 4 (four) running backs averaging over 4.7 ypc. Beasley had Morgan. Roberson had Sproles.  Freeman had Jordy.  Klein had Harper and Lockett.  The catch is, that Waters and Lockett are more productive than all those guys. 

Our offense is getting 6.2 yards per play this season.  That's better than '12 (6.0) and way better than '11 (4.7).  It's also better than any Freeman team (high of 5.7) and better than our '03 offense (6.1).  The stat site i use doesn't go back further.  Roberson's and Freeman's offenses each doubled the number of turnovers K-State had this season -- we average .9 TOs/game (3rd in the country).

Regarding his high profile face plants, what K-State QB hasn't had high profile face plants? Bishop had 97 Nebraska and the other one.  Roberson had his share.  Klein certainly had a couple.

I'm not trying to christen Waters as the best QB K-State has ever had, but our offense has been really, really good this year, and he's been a huge part of it. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Okay, I've seen enough of this Waters loser.
« Reply #1026 on: December 07, 2014, 06:54:21 AM »
I'm not a fan of him as our QB because going into all big games I know we are going to lose. I felt with Klein and Bishop and Roberson and even Freeman that we had a chance to win those games. Like against Baylor I knew we would lose (so did everyone, not really going out on a limb there). Even having a weapon like Lockett I just never felt like we had a shot. Takes an entire team, I know, but he made me concede those and it always turned out correct. I mean, who is the best team he beat? And he lost to a D2 school which got him off on the wrong foot with me. And his worship of ISU and Paul Rhoads. And his fantasy football team name made me think I'd dislike hanging out with him. And his standing around when the ball is on the ground in front of him (multiple times). Good stats though and I think he was much better this year with controlling the turnovers. I, like FAN, think I've been very fair with him and yet here we stand on opposite sides of his fence.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: December 07, 2014, 06:59:30 AM »
I also note that it's only Waters defenders mentioning Sams. Which is funny to me. It went from an unfair criticism of him as a QB a year ago to an illogical defense of him as a QB this season.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: December 07, 2014, 08:51:19 AM »
You guys don't understand why someone would see his stats as completely empty? His breaking that yardage record makes his legacy even more polarizing. He has had some high profile face planting. His best two wins were against a garbage Michigan team and this years gross OU team. That last drive is absolutely what Jake Waters was a K-State. Slow drive, a few questionable runs, holding the ball tok long, a seemingly great game saving pass that was equal parts amazing play by Lockett and fantastic pass by Waters, then a completely inexcusable interception.

At this point you have to be willing to ignore a lot to act like we should hold Jake Waters in any high regard with the K-State QBs that wre universally adored.
I don't know...I just think that it's hard to call tonight a "face plant" when Waters goes 22-27 for 300 yards.  I'll give you that last year, Waters was really bad for most of the year, especially early on.  But this season?  Outside of Auburn (and maybe TCU), he's been objectively good.  Even if you do 100% blame Waters for the interception (which, who knows), there's no way to characterize his passing night as anything other than really good.

Sure, Lockett is maybe the best receiver K-State's ever had.  But Lockett has also had the luxury of playing with Waters, who is good enough to put Lockett into a position where he can do his thing.

And every great K-State QB has been complimented by another great player on offense.  Yes, Waters has Lockett.  But Chad May had Kevin.  Bishop had Mcdonald and 4 (four) running backs averaging over 4.7 ypc. Beasley had Morgan. Roberson had Sproles.  Freeman had Jordy.  Klein had Harper and Lockett.  The catch is, that Waters and Lockett are more productive than all those guys. 

Our offense is getting 6.2 yards per play this season.  That's better than '12 (6.0) and way better than '11 (4.7).  It's also better than any Freeman team (high of 5.7) and better than our '03 offense (6.1).  The stat site i use doesn't go back further.  Roberson's and Freeman's offenses each doubled the number of turnovers K-State had this season -- we average .9 TOs/game (3rd in the country).

Regarding his high profile face plants, what K-State QB hasn't had high profile face plants? Bishop had 97 Nebraska and the other one.  Roberson had his share.  Klein certainly had a couple.

I'm not trying to christen Waters as the best QB K-State has ever had, but our offense has been really, really good this year, and he's been a huge part of it.

It's not all his fault, I never claimed it was. He didn't face plant last night, it was his best performance in a big game and it wasn't even close to good enough. We had a bend but don't break offense. We were putrid inside the 10, and the quarterback whoever he is, has to shoulder that. Yes, the running game stunk and the play calling wasn't great but having a reliable qb fixes some of those things and in the red zone Jake wasn't reliable.

SD put it perfectly, we didn't have a chance in the biggest games with him. Even the coaches thought so last year essentially benching him against Baylor and OSU. These two teams needed a more dynamic playmaker. I do think that the play calling and offensive philosophy did him no favors. But for me he will forever be known as a guy who posted great numbers but didn't win a thing. QBs will always be measured for what they won and it's why Jonathan Beasley will forever be thought of a a better quarterback.

Offline Rabid Cow

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: December 07, 2014, 09:10:40 AM »
I'm not a fan of him as our QB because going into all big games I know we are going to lose. I felt with Klein and Bishop and Roberson and even Freeman that we had a chance to win those games. Like against Baylor I knew we would lose (so did everyone, not really going out on a limb there). Even having a weapon like Lockett I just never felt like we had a shot. Takes an entire team, I know, but he made me concede those and it always turned out correct. I mean, who is the best team he beat? And he lost to a D2 school which got him off on the wrong foot with me. And his worship of ISU and Paul Rhoads. And his fantasy football team name made me think I'd dislike hanging out with him. And his standing around when the ball is on the ground in front of him (multiple times). Good stats though and I think he was much better this year with controlling the turnovers. I, like FAN, think I've been very fair with him and yet here we stand on opposite sides of his fence.

Bishop and Roberson had outstanding defenses, ridiculous offensive lines and reliable running backs.  I miss those days.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: December 07, 2014, 09:20:11 AM »

Bishop and Roberson had outstanding defenses, ridiculous offensive lines and reliable running backs.  I miss those days.

Bishop had, no disrespect intended, Mike Lawrence and Eric Hickson. Bishop made everyone around him better.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: December 07, 2014, 10:30:41 AM »
I liked Jake and his tight spirals, but I'm also not a complete dumbass. I hope he gets drafted.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: December 07, 2014, 10:36:02 AM »
I liked Jake and his tight spirals, but I'm also not a complete dumbass. I hope he gets drafted.

What nfl skill does he have?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: December 07, 2014, 10:40:57 AM »
Yeah, "statue sack" is not a skill NFL teams value.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: December 07, 2014, 10:58:07 AM »
I'm just going off mock drafts that have him going in the 5th to 6th round. I think they like that he throws lazer TD's

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: December 07, 2014, 11:02:11 AM »
I think he'll get drafted. He measures out. I know he better learn sometime between now and what ever all-star game he plays in that throwing the ball away is better than taking a sack.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: December 07, 2014, 11:13:23 AM »
I doubt it but whatevs

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: December 07, 2014, 11:15:49 AM »
He is like maybe my 5th favorite QB since Snyder came back.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: December 07, 2014, 11:16:04 AM »
I doubt he gets drafted either. I can understand why people dislike him. I think its stupid, but i understand. most polarizing player in a while.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: December 07, 2014, 11:17:41 AM »
He won't be drafted btw

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: December 07, 2014, 11:17:44 AM »

I doubt he gets drafted either. I can understand why people dislike him. I think its stupid, but i understand. most polarizing player in a while.

But nobody hates him. He's just very not likeable and non-confidence-inspiring.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: December 07, 2014, 11:19:30 AM »
Some pretty itk ppl think he will get drafted tho. :dunno:

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: December 07, 2014, 11:22:25 AM »
Nope.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: December 07, 2014, 11:23:29 AM »
It will be fun to follow. :love:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: December 07, 2014, 11:25:43 AM »
It will be fun to follow. :love:

More fun than watching him in a big game

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: December 07, 2014, 11:27:01 AM »
300 yards passing and 2 TD's seems pretty salty. I wish we had a run game tho.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: December 07, 2014, 11:27:38 AM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: December 07, 2014, 11:35:10 AM »
What if Jake leads the Wildcats to victory against a good team in the bowl game  :surprised:

The best possible bowl opponent will be Arizona and no one will care.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: December 07, 2014, 11:36:24 AM »
Pfftt.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: December 07, 2014, 11:41:57 AM »
Lol, I actually think we'd beat the crap out of Arizona. I feel good about winning a bowl this year. Still don't like jake tho
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite