Author Topic: Okay, I've seen enough of this Waters loser.  (Read 102194 times)

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Okay, I've seen enough of this Waters loser.
« Reply #475 on: November 03, 2014, 11:37:56 AM »
I think he knows his limits and when to push himself. Klein seemed to know the same thing. When to go all in and when to hold up. It's go time now, time to push all the chips in.

Why do you think that?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: November 03, 2014, 11:40:36 AM »
I think he knows his limits and when to push himself. Klein seemed to know the same thing. When to go all in and when to hold up. It's go time now, time to push all the chips in.

Why do you think that?
Watching him play the last few weeks vs. previous to not getting sketti brained.

He's been more careful and patient.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: November 03, 2014, 11:42:28 AM »
So since he is more hesitant due to injury that means he knows when to push himself?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: November 03, 2014, 11:45:51 AM »
The timing of the pop pass also seemed off on Saturday due to his anxiousness to throw it early.

Also, opponents are just grabbing Gronk or Trujillo on the release now, which is to be expected. That throws off the timing as well.

yeah OSU was all over that play even without a rule change

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: November 03, 2014, 11:47:32 AM »
So since he is more hesitant due to injury that means he knows when to push himself?
I don't know what you're trying to get at. I don't think he felt like he had to push himself in certain situations the last few weeks. I have the feeling, he will play differently this week vs TCU. Aka knowing your limits/the situation.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: November 03, 2014, 11:58:47 AM »
Goal 17:  Know when to push yourself

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: November 03, 2014, 12:29:51 PM »
The timing of the pop pass also seemed off on Saturday due to his anxiousness to throw it early.

Also, opponents are just grabbing Gronk or Trujillo on the release now, which is to be expected. That throws off the timing as well.

impossible.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: November 03, 2014, 01:25:41 PM »

With the nature of what I believe to be Jake's injury, he should get a little bit healthier every week as long as he doesn't take another hard shot.

One thing that would help is if Jake threw the ball away the three to four times a game when he needs to.  He never does it and either scrambles, gets sacked or throws a ball in to a terrible position.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: November 03, 2014, 01:33:39 PM »
We're going to find out on Saturday if this waters guy really is a loser.  I think he might be but I don't know for sure yet.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: November 03, 2014, 01:39:01 PM »
One thing that would help is if Jake threw the ball away the three to four times a game when he needs to.  He never does it and either scrambles, gets sacked or throws a ball in to a terrible position.

Agreed, at least this week he didn't give up a big sack like he did several times vs UT. His injury hasn't changed his patience in the pocket, but its very obvious he doesn't want to get hit when he runs the ball.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: November 03, 2014, 01:43:29 PM »
TCU will eat us alive if jake can't take hits, he can't be sliding around like a pussy or we have no chance to win IMO.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: November 03, 2014, 01:47:19 PM »
You're right. We don't have a shot if Waters isn't in this game.

Offline Frankenklein

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: November 03, 2014, 04:03:12 PM »
Early in the game he had some nifty moves going on especially avoiding the blitz and it seemed that as we took control of the game he played it safe and avoided hits .Good job Jake

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: November 03, 2014, 04:21:22 PM »
I hope our oline plays like they did on Saturday. They gave Jake a lot of time within the pocket.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: November 04, 2014, 09:15:24 PM »

I thought it was interesting that Waters was actually able to run for a few yards when the pop pass wasn't there. That's the first time I've seen a team shut down the throw but him still make something out of it.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: November 04, 2014, 09:35:30 PM »
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/qb-curve-jake-waters-kansas-state/
Did anybody read this:
Instead, he chose Manhattan, where he subsequently spent most of the 2013 season splitting time with a glorified tailback, Daniel Sams,
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

The Big Train

« Reply #492 on: November 04, 2014, 09:41:38 PM »
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/qb-curve-jake-waters-kansas-state/
Did anybody read this:
Instead, he chose Manhattan, where he subsequently spent most of the 2013 season splitting time with a glorified tailback, Daniel Sams,

i read the title and i dont like this "matt" guys tone

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: November 04, 2014, 09:49:17 PM »
I thought the article was good and fair, both about Jake and K-State football in general.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: November 04, 2014, 10:54:59 PM »
I thought the article was good and fair, both about Jake and K-State football in general.

People need to consider that Bill lands better talent than he is given credit for. I think it is insane that people out can't see the talent on our roster.

Also a lot of the national guys still think we are running the same part of the offense that Collin ran in 2012. Would like to just see a little effort.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: November 04, 2014, 11:24:13 PM »

People need to consider that Bill lands better talent than he is given credit for. I think it is insane that people out can't see the talent on our roster.

This is perhaps my favorite phog talking point. "Their talent level is only marginally better than ours".
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: November 04, 2014, 11:46:17 PM »

This is perhaps my favorite phog talking point. "Their talent level is only marginally better than ours".
It pisses me off. Yea one of the things we are good at is developing players, we put an emphasis on it. But you have to recruit players who have a enough untapped talent to develop.

I will just sit back and watch our players rack up 1st and 2nd team Big 12 awards.

Also hate when recruits get 2 stars when they aren't fully evaluated or when they evaluate a recruit at the wrong position.

The Big Train

« Reply #497 on: November 04, 2014, 11:49:04 PM »

Also a lot of the national guys still think we are running the same part of the offense that Collin ran in 2012. Would like to just see a little effort.

stars and talent is a word that gets over used IMO.  measurables are the main basis for recruiting, also offers, and who they have played against.  there are a ton of people with measurables, but do they do anything with it, or just rely on what they currently have to carry them. 

the difference with bill is he sees the guys that dont necessarily have the measurables in the recruiting services eyes as "talented".  what bill gets out of them is their true potential, and that is dedication to your craft and hard work.  there is a reason bill has been so successful, he sees the potential in people and  drives them to be better than they thought they could be.  most of the guys that have been spoon fed "you are the best" for years dont have the drive and dont reach their true potential because they settle.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: November 04, 2014, 11:52:56 PM »

stars and talent is a word that gets over used IMO.  measurables are the main basis for recruiting, also offers, and who they have played against.  there are a ton of people with measurables, but do they do anything with it, or just rely on what they currently have to carry them. 

the difference with bill is he sees the guys that dont necessarily have the measurables in the recruiting services eyes as "talented".  what bill gets out of them is their true potential, and that is dedication to your craft and hard work.  there is a reason bill has been so successful, he sees the potential in people and  drives them to be better than they thought they could be.  most of the guys that have been spoon fed "you are the best" for years dont have the drive and dont reach their true potential because they settle.

At some point in time the ability to play the game has been devalued. But I also think Bill get players with better measurable than perceived by others.

The Big Train

« Reply #499 on: November 04, 2014, 11:58:58 PM »

At some point in time the ability to play the game has been devalued. But I also think Bill get players with better measurable than perceived by others.

when you hear "thats how ksu football is played" thats a system of knowing your assignment and executing, because generally you have to play more sound football because you dont have the measurables as your opposite. 

i think we have a few exceptions, but looking at the bigger picture, we dont get the best athletes at any position, and thats where bill mentoring and coaching makes him the greatest coach of all time.