Author Topic: moving  (Read 40341 times)

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: moving
« Reply #100 on: August 05, 2013, 08:18:44 PM »
You would think that by this point people would have figured out that the average entitled brat from JoCo gets lapped in the game of life by an average kid from Manhattan or Lawrence.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 05, 2013, 08:22:37 PM »
listening to kansas city people argue back and forth about their dork parts of town is just the absolute worst.

It's quaint.  Like the special olympics.

the thing is that they're all just so serious. like they are actually serious. 95th street! metcalf is a dividing line! oh my god don't get me started on blackbob! it's just so painful to watch. like, even the competitors in the special olympics know they aren't the real olympics. imagine if they didn't though? that's what this kc neighborhood talk it like. i mean really. really?

FYI.  gregory is the dividing line, you cannot be south of gregory.  This is serious rough ridin' business, rick daris.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 05, 2013, 08:23:02 PM »
You would think that by this point people would have figured out that the average entitled brat from JoCo gets lapped in the game of life by an average kid from Manhattan or Lawrence.

genetics, tho.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 05, 2013, 08:23:40 PM »
listening to kansas city people argue back and forth about their dork parts of town is just the absolute worst.

the thing is that they're all just so serious. like they are actually serious. 95th street! metcalf is a dividing line! oh my god don't get me started on blackbob! it's just so painful to watch. like, even the competitors in the special olympics know they aren't the real olympics. imagine if they didn't though? that's what this kc neighborhood talk it like. i mean really. really?

FYI.  gregory is the dividing line, you cannot be south of gregory.  This is serious rough ridin' business, rick daris.

my chartreuse caboose is better than yours!

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 05, 2013, 08:29:16 PM »

100% agree with you
but its no different than in other big cities like LA or NY or Chicago bro turf is turf and people will die protecting their own
not even sure why this confuses you son

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 05, 2013, 08:32:16 PM »
the townie that  doesn't care about this stuff is the Mission homeowner with remodeled kitchen and baths salvation; "only blocks from Lucky's!"

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 05, 2013, 08:34:46 PM »

100% agree with you
but its no different than in other big cities like LA or NY or Chicago bro turf is turf and people will die protecting their own

the seriousness of it all is painful to watch though, no? although i will add that as a manhattanite, i have inherent self deprecating humor and an ability to laugh at myself/not take myself seriously that kc people lack. i really shouldn't be so hard on them i guess. it's not their fault.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 05, 2013, 08:45:46 PM »

100% agree with you

the seriousness of it all is painful to watch though, no? although i will add that as a manhattanite, i have inherent self deprecating humor and an ability to laugh at myself/not take myself seriously that kc people lack. i really shouldn't be so hard on them i guess. it's not their fault.

i agree with you that every post in this thread besides mine was embarrassing

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 05, 2013, 09:20:13 PM »
the townie that  doesn't care about this stuff is the Mission homeowner with remodeled kitchen and baths salvation; "only blocks from Lucky's!"

Like I said.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 05, 2013, 09:21:32 PM »

High Quality post here by Skipper

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #110 on: August 05, 2013, 10:48:29 PM »

100% agree with you

Hey, man, I just want a good school district and Google Fiber.

And to not live in the Northland anymore.  It blows.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 05, 2013, 10:52:03 PM »
I like my new neighborhood.  But it's not perfect

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Re: moving
« Reply #112 on: August 05, 2013, 10:55:18 PM »
I like my new neighborhood.  But it's not perfect

Character

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Offline EuroCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 05, 2013, 11:15:33 PM »
It sounds like SME is just ruining Johnson County.

Just how much better is SME than SMW/SMS? Can somebody put together test scores among students who come from similar demographics or something?
SMW grad here. draw your own conclusions.

PS: lotta white flight in this thread

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 05, 2013, 11:32:20 PM »
yeah, next house we are going big, 4 bed 3 bath finished basement etc.  And then I will die there.

Burial plot in the backyard or mausoleum in the basement?

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 05, 2013, 11:47:29 PM »
ashes on the mantle

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 05, 2013, 11:50:07 PM »
ashes on the mantle

:thumbs: Good plan.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 06, 2013, 08:12:58 AM »

High Quality post here by Skipper

The great thing about it is that as an outsider I have no idea if he is saying this is a good thing or a bad thing.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 06, 2013, 08:19:00 AM »

I'm getting a strong sense of that, too. It's pretty mumped up really that in 2013 people (at least Kansas people, anyway) are still so racist that a black family moving into a neighborhood immediately reduces the home values of the entire neighborhood.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 06, 2013, 08:36:29 AM »
When did anyone say black?  :sdeek:

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: August 06, 2013, 09:20:54 AM »

I'm getting a strong sense of that, too. It's pretty mumped up really that in 2013 people (at least Kansas people, anyway) are still so racist that a black family moving into a neighborhood immediately reduces the home values of the entire neighborhood.

Poor trashy white people renting homes have the same effect on property values.  It isn't the rough ridin' color you racist dumbass, it's the tax bracket.  When people start renting their homes to poor people who treat the property like crap, then there goes the neighborhood.  It isn't difficult to follow. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 06, 2013, 09:25:58 AM »
I'm pretty racist against people who pack up and run deeper into the burbs at the first sign of an overgrown hedge. I don't think I would want any of "these people" in this thread to be my neighbors.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 06, 2013, 09:29:25 AM »
I'm pretty racist against people who pack up and run deeper into the burbs at the first sign of an overgrown hedge. I don't think I would want any of "these people" in this thread to be my neighbors.

Yeah, that happens all the time.   :rolleyes:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 06, 2013, 09:35:11 AM »

Yeah, that happens all the time.   :rolleyes:

It's what this whole thread is about!

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 06, 2013, 09:36:17 AM »
FWIW, I've got some shitty rough ridin' neighbors.  All the shitty ones are white.  We're moving, in part, because of them.  We looked for an established neighborhood with nice homes that people take care of.  I don't think that's unreasonable at all.