Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3223010 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #3225 on: November 25, 2013, 10:52:00 AM »
Thanks, Bread! :thumbs: I expect Beems to be full on psychopath this week.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3226 on: November 25, 2013, 10:52:29 AM »
Im sure beems is a good guy outside of the interwebs, but he acts like a complete bitch online.  I'll bet his inner-monologue while switching between goEMAW and the phog would be a hilarious reality show.
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3227 on: November 25, 2013, 10:59:12 AM »
I didn't realize they were on the verge of hiring Bob Stoops.

I am going to keep an eye on this.  when would they announce it?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3228 on: November 25, 2013, 11:06:48 AM »
I didn't realize they were on the verge of hiring Bob Stoops.

I am going to keep an eye on this.  when would they announce it?

I don't think they ever got an official response from Harbaugh.  Once they know where he stands, they can extend the offer to Stoops who is their back up.

Offline CatsNShocks

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3229 on: November 25, 2013, 11:24:25 AM »
It seemed clear to me that ISU both had better cleats and spent more time practicing in slick conditions. Their players looked way less tentative, where ours were scared to make a cut and looked almost like a cartoon character when trying to change direction within 10 yards of the sideline.

Maybe those were really the best cleats for snow/ice we had, and maybe there was no way Weis could have predicted how slick it would be, but I still say Rhoads outsmarted Weis bigtime on this one.

I got the feeling from watching the game that Iowa States stadium looked like a high school stadium. What the hell happened to allow the field conditions to end up like that? Can they not cover the playing surface to make it more game ready. Players from both sides of the line were at a higher risk for serious injury. Also we did look as though we had the wrong shoes for that piss poor field condition.
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3230 on: November 25, 2013, 11:26:13 AM »
Poor ku, can't afford proper cleats for their players :frown:

I should probably give the 3 pairs I have in an old box in my garage to the Lawrence Salvation Army

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3231 on: November 25, 2013, 12:14:13 PM »
The equipment managers are obviously henpecked regarding footwear on the track...carried over to away games apparently.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3232 on: November 25, 2013, 12:27:28 PM »
Poor ku, can't afford proper cleats for their players :frown:

I should probably give the 3 pairs I have in an old box in my garage to the Lawrence Salvation Army

I have a few pairs of "Turf Sharks" down in the basement.  I can drop those by your place if you are going to make a run for Weis's boys

Offline geesiskryst

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3233 on: November 25, 2013, 01:38:35 PM »
Common knowledge, I know... But looks we're another Super bowl. Feels good.

"We’ve had K-State circled all season. We’ve had a running clock waiting for this game since the summer. This is the No. 1 game we want to win every single year...This is a big game for us and a big game for the Kansas program, A win like this could throw everything out the door. Whatever the record was, OK, we beat Kansas State, our rival, we got bragging rights for a whole year."

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2013/nov/24/ku-football-ready-shift-focus-sunflower-showdown/

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #3234 on: November 25, 2013, 01:47:15 PM »
SalPingo wrote: There is no question Weis gets another year. There are enough reasons program wide that he has earned it. But Zenger is a dumpster fire.

Like one conference victory and that thrilling, last-second victory over Louisiana-Bayou Thibidoux Junior College.  He broke the streak before it eclipsed Baylor's mark.  If paying millions to watch a train run off the tracks and into deep, deep mud is the goal then he's your guy.  Otherwise I can't really seem to recall where he's won at the collegiate level.  If he's the Head Coach at Shawnee Mission East that's fine.  But he has no business in the Big XII.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #3235 on: November 25, 2013, 01:50:02 PM »

"We’ve had K-State circled all season. We’ve had a running clock waiting for this game since the summer. This is the No. 1 game we want to win every single year...This is a big game for us and a big game for the Kansas program, A win like this could throw everything out the door. Whatever the record was, OK, we beat Kansas State, our rival, we got bragging rights for a whole year."

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2013/nov/24/ku-football-ready-shift-focus-sunflower-showdown/

Really surprised that the players would keep saying that year after year, seeing as how the vast majority of the phoggies swear up and down that big bro isn't seen as a rival...

bears are fast...

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #3236 on: November 25, 2013, 01:51:49 PM »

Really surprised that the players would keep saying that year after year, seeing as how the vast majority of the phoggies swear up and down that big bro isn't seen as a rival...
I always get enjoyment when I see them post that we don't have a rival.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3237 on: November 25, 2013, 01:58:50 PM »
CIRCLED ON THE CALENDAR

:Woot:

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3238 on: November 25, 2013, 02:04:07 PM »
I wanted to stay out of this just because I personally feel KU has made possibly the worst back to back hires in the modern day of college football but I just keep getting sucked in because I want KU to somehow figure this thing out.

Zenger has done some good but he has been as bad as possible in the one sport we really needed him to be good in. He made possibly one of the worst football hires ever. KU needed a young energetic coach and we hired an old out of shape one. If we hired an older guy than it needed to be an older guy that had college football success (at KU it would have to be one that got in trouble somewhere else). Instead he hired a retread that is currently being paid millions to get as far away from South Bend as possible. Let's see, was fired from a "Have" school but will somehow be successful at a "Have Not" school. What logic is that? Please, all you Charlie supporters don't give me the more time BS. You can play that card if Charlie came in here and tried to build from the ground up and had a bunch of freshman and sophomores on the 2 deep, but that's just not the case. Our 2 deep roster is extremely heavy with Juniors and Seniors. Charlie came in here and did the shortcut quick fix method and brought in transfers and tons of jucos and our roster will suffer greatly in the very near future because of it. There's only two ways that can work. 1. You win games because of it. Winning solves all problems, but we all know that didn't work out. 2. You make up for it by just being a really good recruiter and have a great freshman class the next year. Currently we are dead last in the conference in recruiting and there's nobody close to us. I know everybody wants to support their school and coach and hope for the best, but if you look at this without crimson shades you will see Charlie is digging a hole that we are really going to struggle to get out of. Plus if K-State rips us a new one look for ticket sales next year to be extremely low. I'm amazed at the friends I've talked to that have said they've seen enough and will not renew their tickets.

By the way, ISU just announced they are going to bowl in their stadium, KSU continues to do improvements and all we get out of Zenger is rumors. For all the good Zenger has done he has failed miserably in two extremely important areas, hiring a football coach and stadium improvements.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #3239 on: November 25, 2013, 02:29:43 PM »
I wanted to stay out of this just because I personally feel KU has made possibly the worst back to back hires in the modern day of college football but I just keep getting sucked in because I want KU to somehow figure this thing out.

Zenger has done some good but he has been as bad as possible in the one sport we really needed him to be good in. He made possibly one of the worst football hires ever. KU needed a young energetic coach and we hired an old out of shape one. If we hired an older guy than it needed to be an older guy that had college football success (at KU it would have to be one that got in trouble somewhere else). Instead he hired a retread that is currently being paid millions to get as far away from South Bend as possible. Let's see, was fired from a "Have" school but will somehow be successful at a "Have Not" school. What logic is that? Please, all you Charlie supporters don't give me the more time BS. You can play that card if Charlie came in here and tried to build from the ground up and had a bunch of freshman and sophomores on the 2 deep, but that's just not the case. Our 2 deep roster is extremely heavy with Juniors and Seniors. Charlie came in here and did the shortcut quick fix method and brought in transfers and tons of jucos and our roster will suffer greatly in the very near future because of it. There's only two ways that can work. 1. You win games because of it. Winning solves all problems, but we all know that didn't work out. 2. You make up for it by just being a really good recruiter and have a great freshman class the next year. Currently we are dead last in the conference in recruiting and there's nobody close to us. I know everybody wants to support their school and coach and hope for the best, but if you look at this without crimson shades you will see Charlie is digging a hole that we are really going to struggle to get out of. Plus if K-State rips us a new one look for ticket sales next year to be extremely low. I'm amazed at the friends I've talked to that have said they've seen enough and will not renew their tickets.

By the way, ISU just announced they are going to bowl in their stadium, KSU continues to do improvements and all we get out of Zenger is rumors. For all the good Zenger has done he has failed miserably in two extremely important areas, hiring a football coach and stadium improvements.
that last sentence is just gold.  "for as good as zenger is, he's been a total failure at the only two important parts of his job."
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3240 on: November 25, 2013, 02:39:41 PM »

Reminds me of us during the Toilet Bowl years...it makes me sad to see lil bro stuck in that mentality. 

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3241 on: November 25, 2013, 02:40:09 PM »

Do they seriously have one of those countdown clocks mounted in their locker room?  Please tell me that was just a tongue in cheek comment about having a running clock since summer.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3242 on: November 25, 2013, 02:42:55 PM »

Do they seriously have one of those countdown clocks mounted in their locker room?  Please tell me that was just a tongue in cheek comment about having a running clock since summer.

Was just going to post this.  Was that for real?

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #3243 on: November 25, 2013, 02:53:31 PM »
I can't find positive confirmation of this little gem that was posted in the gridiron forum at phog.net, but if this is real.... It's rough ridin' classic!!!

In the postgame, Jeff Woody (ISU fullback) was chuckling and said during the 2nd quarter he looked at #55 and said, "You don't even want to be out here, do you?" The guy shook his head no.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
bears are fast...

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3244 on: November 25, 2013, 02:55:29 PM »
I can't find positive confirmation of this little gem that was posted in the gridiron forum at phog.net, but if this is real.... It's rough ridin' classic!!!

In the postgame, Jeff Woody (ISU fullback) was chuckling and said during the 2nd quarter he looked at #55 and said, "You don't even want to be out here, do you?" The guy shook his head no.

Obviously #55 wanted to be practicing for the Super Bowl

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3245 on: November 25, 2013, 03:01:39 PM »
THey have been practicing for us all year. we can overlook all we want but they are going to give us fits on saturday.  I would expect a dog fight for 3 quarters this year.  Especially the way our offense and defense have performed the last two weeks.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3246 on: November 25, 2013, 03:06:59 PM »
Taking the Kansas football job is like trying to climb one of those ladders on the back of a building that start 10ft of the ground and have a locked cage around them.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #3247 on: November 25, 2013, 03:26:21 PM »

that's our babysitter's brother.  :frown:

also he's probably their best player on defense.  he and his dad were super emaw but we only offered him a grey shirt.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3248 on: November 25, 2013, 03:40:27 PM »
Good thing we didn't offer.   :flush:

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #3249 on: November 25, 2013, 03:44:23 PM »
That's just such an amazing quote.  A 1-9 team absolutely demoralizing lil bro like that tho  :frown: