Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3220299 times)

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I would imagine that there is some kind of APR hit if when kids bolt, if they aren't in good standing, so if a kid wants to transfer, they still get the same academic support etc until that happens.

vs just booting them and cutting them off, risking they drop out/flunk out the semester

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I would imagine that there is some kind of APR hit if when kids bolt, if they aren't in good standing, so if a kid wants to transfer, they still get the same academic support etc until that happens.

vs just booting them and cutting them off, risking they drop out/flunk out the semester

correct

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
can you guys imagine how good the setting is going to look on saturday :love:

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Has there been any talk about where they will be setting up the Game Day stage?  I'm assuming out in front of Allen?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
#FillTheHill

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
It's going to look like the Pearl Jam concert.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
It's going to look like the Pearl Jam concert.
the event will definitely have a homeless encampment vibe. and like cobain was, the majority of students at ku are big time heroin addicts

with the amount of violent crime committed in lawrentucky, by not only just the basketball players, i’d be surprised if the campus isn’t pillaged after the show is over

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I hope they do a needle exchange in conjunction with it

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Will the Westboro Baptists be there or do they not do that anymore?

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
Hate to dampen the Game Day vibe, but it looks like Wiscy is interested in Lance Lightpole:

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/wisconsin-coach-candidates-paul-chryst-replacements/ojomgtt8zoadgc2qk3htlv6d

I guess that success at UW-Whitewater has their attention.

They also talk about going after Dave Aranda.  I would love not seeing his shiny bald head and fat face at Big 12 games anymore, so am hoping he emerges as Wisconsin's top choice.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Wisconsin is going to hire their alumni offensive coordinator, apparently. That way they can maintain the success of the coach they just fired.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
This super hot fresh take brought to you by me: Still can't believe Chryst got fired.

Sidebar factoid: on a recent rv trip, was parked next to one with a Wisconsin sticker on it. While dumping my crap water (with clear down elbow for those not familiar), I asked if he liked football. He goes, "what do you think? ". So I asked how Wisconsin was doing and he went on to say they're really shitty and lost to some nobody whose name he couldn't remember even though he was at the game (Washington State). Also asked which conference kstate was in.  :dubious:
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
Wisconsin is going to hire their alumni offensive coordinator, apparently. That way they can maintain the success of the coach they just fired.
DC, but yeah.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
At the Denver airport I was seated next to a bunch a hey der horsey sauce people and they were really talkin up that Lance Leftfield fella. 

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I completely missed it, but was just trying to show some re-energized KU football Blue Wings Rising Hawks fans the hilarious tweet claiming KC last year, but is appears the KU AD got so bullied they deleted the tweet.  :cry:

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
I have a weird feeling they might do a small segment on Martinez tomorrow, just so they can get some boos going in the crowd.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
I have a weird feeling they might do a small segment on Martinez tomorrow, just so they can get some boos going in the crowd.
It's still Thursday wacky

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
https://twitter.com/M_Vernon/status/1578104030944903169?t=XPRA--SB-il4yq3ELLdshw&s=19

Dax please post regent meeting minutes of them asking for a new stadium and/or convention center. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
No offense edn, but people really need to stop reading, posting, and generally paying attention to anything from that dumbfuck. He's no more sourced than jayhawk takeover.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
They’ve had a stadium reno on the regents list for nearly a decade.

It’s symbolic (at this point) until they actually ask for approval to actually do the project. 

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

It’s symbolic (at this point) until they actually ask for approval to actually do the project.

Kinda like how my wife is OK with Jennifer Lawrence and Scarlett Johansson being and my hall pass list.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
No offense edn, but people really need to stop reading, posting, and generally paying attention to anything from that dumbfuck. He's no more sourced than jayhawk takeover.

Lol harsh but fair.

I was surprised at how the claim (admittedly reddit rumors) went from contract extension for LL which seems the prudent thing to do, to rumors of a brand new stadium, a convention center attached to the tune of 350M, and reno of practice facilities. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
that guy was irl saying there could be world cup games in lawrence

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
He's hilariously awful. Wish I wasn't blocked. I miss his message board sources he likes to tweet out. He's a huge dumbass!