Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3145842 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is going through a rough patch
« Reply #21975 on: October 08, 2020, 04:47:39 PM »
I like the ku is russia and
emaw is america analogy.  Nailed it

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21976 on: October 08, 2020, 05:22:38 PM »
Great graphs, unfortunately the last three decades simply don't count.

Offline TheTruth

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21977 on: October 08, 2020, 06:55:30 PM »
So Les has the rona?

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21978 on: October 08, 2020, 07:10:45 PM »
So Les has the rona?

He doesn’t remember
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline TheTruth

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21979 on: October 08, 2020, 07:17:23 PM »
So Les has the rona?

crap, completely missed it on the previous page.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21980 on: October 09, 2020, 06:39:43 AM »
Holy crap, those graphs and research!  Mucho gracias, senor Purple Oil.  I'd have to get paid or start doing crystal to do that much analysis.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21981 on: October 09, 2020, 08:28:39 AM »
Quote from: the phog
Is KState more envious of our basketball program than we are of their football?

K-State basketball has the following since KU football had an actual* conference championship:

17 conference championships
13 elite eights
4 final fours
1 national championship appearance

*they tied once where they lost the tiebreaker.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #21982 on: October 09, 2020, 05:48:34 PM »
In a world that I wish existed, I am definitely more envious of their basketball.  That's a world where basketball mattered more than football.  But, that world does not exist.  So, you get what we have here, which is the way the country wants it. And so the country gets it.

Offline kst8cat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21983 on: October 09, 2020, 09:18:08 PM »
This guy doesn't seem to understand TSC. 

I'm KU first and foremost for life, but I have no problem cheering on the Big 12 as long as it is not at KU's expense.

I will cheer for any team in the league with the exception of ksu, for obvious reasons. It does KU absolutely no good when kstate has any success in football, it makes what is already a steep climb even steeper, I rather see Mizzou have success in football then kstate, KU should absolutely be better then little brother but ksu has been running circles around us for almost three decades now and looks like the current coach may be taking over where Snyder left off, and if he does indeed keep winning I hope Scott Frost fails at Nebraska and he bails on ksuck for the Huskers job, or eventually leaves for Iowa or something

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #21984 on: October 09, 2020, 10:19:30 PM »
This isn't really that bold of a prediction, but I predict that KSU's next coach ends his tenure at KSU with a better record than KU's next coach ends with at KU. 

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21985 on: October 11, 2020, 08:23:32 AM »
It’s sad watching loser schools like K-State and Mizzou do things that KU couldn’t do in 100 years.

Today I watched K-State pick up a great conference road win, Missouri beat the reigning national champions, Ole Miss (who has had just about every setback a program can have) go toe to toe with Bama for 3.5 quarters. Meanwhile I am happy its a bye so I don’t have to watch my school get embarrassed this week.

Let’s face it, KU fans laughed at Klieman and his cheesy “win the dang day” BS but KSU absolutely hit a home run. They will be good for another 15-20 years. The series vs them in the modern era is laughable as it stands but it’s about to get real ugly. What was KU’s last conference road win?

Fun seeing basketball school UNC and their retread coach sitting ranked in the top 10. Everyone thinks we need 10 years to be .500 and go to some ******* bowl game just so we can have a bit of hope and tailgate before getting our tits blown off. That is our mountaintop. We’re not asking to win the Big 12 (which KSU might do) be ranked the top 10 (UNC) or beat LSU. We would be thrilled with mediocrity. The culture of losing here is so pervasive that I don’t think it will ever go away. You can almost feel it when you walk into the dirty old stadium.     :frown:

I am convinced that KU football fans are the most beat down fanbase IN THE WORLD - in any sport, anything. It’s high comedy reading some of the posts on here. “Stay strong guys I think around 2029 we should win 5-6 games and sniff a bowl.” This ***** just isn’t that hard with competent leadership. You can say it is but it isn’t. K-State proves that. They get it done.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #21986 on: October 11, 2020, 09:53:07 AM »
:frown:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21987 on: October 11, 2020, 11:07:59 AM »
a fan that actually gets it.  i feel bad for him/her, kinda

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21988 on: October 11, 2020, 11:36:30 AM »
It’s sad watching loser schools like K-State and Mizzou do things that KU couldn’t do in 100 years.

Today I watched K-State pick up a great conference road win, Missouri beat the reigning national champions, Ole Miss (who has had just about every setback a program can have) go toe to toe with Bama for 3.5 quarters. Meanwhile I am happy its a bye so I don’t have to watch my school get embarrassed this week.

Let’s face it, KU fans laughed at Klieman and his cheesy “win the dang day” BS but KSU absolutely hit a home run. They will be good for another 15-20 years. The series vs them in the modern era is laughable as it stands but it’s about to get real ugly. What was KU’s last conference road win?

Fun seeing basketball school UNC and their retread coach sitting ranked in the top 10. Everyone thinks we need 10 years to be .500 and go to some ******* bowl game just so we can have a bit of hope and tailgate before getting our tits blown off. That is our mountaintop. We’re not asking to win the Big 12 (which KSU might do) be ranked the top 10 (UNC) or beat LSU. We would be thrilled with mediocrity. The culture of losing here is so pervasive that I don’t think it will ever go away. You can almost feel it when you walk into the dirty old stadium.     :frown:

I am convinced that KU football fans are the most beat down fanbase IN THE WORLD - in any sport, anything. It’s high comedy reading some of the posts on here. “Stay strong guys I think around 2029 we should win 5-6 games and sniff a bowl.” This ***** just isn’t that hard with competent leadership. You can say it is but it isn’t. K-State proves that. They get it done.
They had a chance to buy in and turn things around in the early 90s. They chose instead to make a few token facility upgrades, chase of semi-competent staff and double-down on basketball. The hill is so much steeper now.

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21989 on: October 11, 2020, 02:54:10 PM »
How much did the Glen Mason fiasco set them back?

Accepted the Georgia job after 95 then backed out only to bolt after 96 season for Minnesota.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21990 on: October 11, 2020, 05:12:50 PM »

They had a chance to buy in and turn things around in the early 90s. They chose instead to make a few token facility upgrades, chase of semi-competent staff and double-down on basketball. The hill is so much steeper now.

Let's leave the hill out of this.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21991 on: October 11, 2020, 05:15:07 PM »
 :lol: ... the hill.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #21992 on: October 11, 2020, 07:25:16 PM »
One of the best settings in the world. Nestled right in the heart of LFK.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #21993 on: October 11, 2020, 08:44:31 PM »
houtexjhawk said... (original post)

Also realize that anyone under the age of 45 has only known KSU football to be a good program that consistently goes to bowl games, usually wins more conference games than it loses and occasionally competes for a title. They know KU football as being consistently bad with the exception of a few good years under Mason and Mangino which now seem like ancient history.

Somehow KU, had a winning overall record until Charlie Weis. So what. Running up a bunch of wins in the leather helmet era seems irrelevant. I have been following KU football for over 50 years and it has always been consistently bad. Typically when we would have a decent year, it would be followed up by a disappointing year which usually led to the firing of the coach.

This. Kstate has been good since the mid 90s. The world knows them as a successful football program. We are a joke and no one cares thatbwe racked up a bunch of wins against them 40-50 years ago

Made me smile. Is little bro finally throwing away the whole WWII talking points?

like seeing your children grow up :Crybaby:

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21994 on: October 16, 2020, 06:43:56 PM »
KU went from +23 to +21.5 when they announce Les wasn’t going to Morgantown.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21995 on: October 16, 2020, 06:51:48 PM »
vegas knows something  :ohno:

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #21996 on: October 16, 2020, 07:24:15 PM »
How is les doing?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21997 on: October 17, 2020, 07:27:00 AM »
How is les doing?

Last report was 5 days ago and has been dark since :frown:
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21998 on: October 17, 2020, 10:01:34 AM »
He apparently has been cleared to resume coaching activities but has chosen not to travel with the team to WVU this weekend.  Cited "too many unknowns about the virus" as his reason. Eargle will assume head coaching responsibilities for the game today.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21999 on: October 17, 2020, 10:59:43 AM »
He apparently has been cleared to resume coaching activities but has chosen not to travel with the team to WVU this weekend.  Cited "too many unknowns about the virus" as his reason. Eargle will assume head coaching responsibilities for the game today.

He is so Weising  them. Just collecting his retirment money.