Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3213024 times)

BIG APPLE CAT, pissclams and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is TBD
« Reply #21150 on: November 05, 2019, 02:32:38 PM »
i guess it just depends on your preference as a fan of a crappy school.

average 4-6 wins every year, when the stars align win 8 or 9 games

or

average 2 wins every year for decades at a time, when the stars align that one year you don't play the 3 best teams in the south, win 11 games

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21151 on: November 05, 2019, 02:38:08 PM »
It's been so long, I honestly keep forgetting how much of a fluke that year was for them. Even in their best year, they weren't even the best team in their division.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #21152 on: November 05, 2019, 03:01:58 PM »
Record vs P5 teams.  Starting in 1992, a win gives you +1 and loss -1.

ISU just passed KU this year...

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #21153 on: November 05, 2019, 03:02:03 PM »
Serious question, what would it take to reach a breaking point to actually drop football? Say the NCAA comes down hard on KU athletics. Say multi year postseason ban, loss of scholarships, recruiting restrictions... the works. Les Miles experiment fails spectacularly, revenue drops in basketball because of the sanctions and football continues being a black hole of suck for another 5 years.

Does the conversation realistically take place?
I bet it's like fielding a losing baseball team in the MLB.  There is so much TV money that you can't lose (but you are also a laughing stock).  I'm sure Dax has some spreadsheets on the breaking point financially.  I mean the only other teams to really talk about it are like, UConn right?  I mean woof, but their conference wasn't doing them any favors like the Big 12 is for KU football.

Probably spot on with the revenue deal but is there still a minimum attendance figure needed to stay in "D1". -- FBS teams also have to meet minimum game attendance requirements (average 15,000 people in actual or paid attendance per home game)

This totally explains why "SELLOUT 2019" was such a monumental goal/achievement for them.

They really needed big bro to come through for them like we did.

bears are fast...

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21154 on: November 05, 2019, 03:11:16 PM »
Serious question, what would it take to reach a breaking point to actually drop football? Say the NCAA comes down hard on KU athletics. Say multi year postseason ban, loss of scholarships, recruiting restrictions... the works. Les Miles experiment fails spectacularly, revenue drops in basketball because of the sanctions and football continues being a black hole of suck for another 5 years.

Does the conversation realistically take place?
I bet it's like fielding a losing baseball team in the MLB.  There is so much TV money that you can't lose (but you are also a laughing stock).  I'm sure Dax has some spreadsheets on the breaking point financially.  I mean the only other teams to really talk about it are like, UConn right?  I mean woof, but their conference wasn't doing them any favors like the Big 12 is for KU football.

Probably spot on with the revenue deal but is there still a minimum attendance figure needed to stay in "D1". -- FBS teams also have to meet minimum game attendance requirements (average 15,000 people in actual or paid attendance per home game)

This totally explains why "SELLOUT 2019" was such a monumental goal/achievement for them.

They really needed big bro to come through for them like we did.
that's crazy to think we spotted them 2 games for their 15k average.  Who else would be so kind?
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21155 on: November 05, 2019, 03:12:29 PM »
Record vs P5 teams.  Starting in 1992, a win gives you +1 and loss -1.

ISU just passed KU this year...

this is mildly surprising to me. I really though isu had more than a couple of ok years.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21156 on: November 05, 2019, 03:23:39 PM »
I remember when KU meanies made fun of us for having port-a-potties in the NEZ in like the 90's or something

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #21157 on: November 05, 2019, 03:42:01 PM »
Same thing, but since 2009

Tale of 4 programs...

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21158 on: November 05, 2019, 03:45:56 PM »
see ya huskers

it seems unprecedented ku's level of futility, should call them futility U

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #21159 on: November 05, 2019, 03:51:02 PM »
If my math is correct, KU is sitting on 96 losses since the start of the 2010 season.  Only 4 more losses and they will get the coveted 100 Ls is a 10 years milestone (#100L10Y #kufball).

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #21160 on: November 05, 2019, 04:03:37 PM »
Since 2009 KU has a 10% winning percentage against P5 teams (will likely end up below 10% by the end of the year), a 47% winning percentage against non-P5 FBS teams, and a 64% winning percentage against FCS schools. 

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #21161 on: November 05, 2019, 04:03:43 PM »
If my math is correct, KU is sitting on 96 losses since the start of the 2010 season.  Only 4 more losses and they will get the coveted 100 Ls is a 10 years milestone (#100L10Y #kufball).
Your math is right, but they only have 3 more games.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #21162 on: November 05, 2019, 04:04:28 PM »
Damn...

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #21163 on: November 05, 2019, 04:08:45 PM »
Damn...
If they lose out this year then they will enter next year with 90L in 9 years...I think they can pull it off in 2020.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21164 on: November 05, 2019, 04:13:49 PM »
New Hampshire
Boston College
@ Coastal Carolina

Murderer's row

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21165 on: November 05, 2019, 04:14:50 PM »
Yeah I think they may get several shots at that achievement.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21166 on: November 05, 2019, 04:16:43 PM »
Serious question, what would it take to reach a breaking point to actually drop football?
There is so much TV money that you can't lose (but you are also a laughing stock).

This. Can't drop it.

At some point they should just need to put an aluminum bleacher lower level all the way around, with new concessions/bathrooms, and you don't even touch the sacred exterior. Similar to Princeton's, and I bet they could could do it for not much more than that $50 mill they supposedly got.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21167 on: November 05, 2019, 04:20:42 PM »
hot little stade you got there princeton

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #21168 on: November 05, 2019, 05:36:17 PM »
KU has lost 46 conference road games in a row. 

Assuming the streak continues, No. 50 will be in MHK next season.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #21169 on: November 05, 2019, 08:51:29 PM »

I am generally a fan of Princeton's weird stade, but hoooooo boyyyyy look at that scoreboard for ants
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21170 on: November 05, 2019, 10:21:45 PM »
That Princeton stadium is too ambitious for KU, they should do what San Jose State has done

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #21171 on: November 05, 2019, 10:27:09 PM »
That Princeton stadium is too ambitious for KU, they should do what San Jose State has done

They already have a hill

Offline TheProdigiousTalent

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21172 on: November 05, 2019, 10:48:08 PM »

Les is More 2020: Feel the Berm

Seriously, though.  Absurdly bold cheating at recruiting has allowed them to win 87 straight big 12 hoops titles, and attendance cheating has allowed them to remain a P5 school?  HOW ARE THERE NOT PITCHFORKS IN THE EFFING STREETS, MY PEOPLE?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 10:54:13 PM by TheProdigiousTalent »

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #21173 on: November 05, 2019, 11:00:01 PM »
Oh my God. I hadn’t seen that. It’s awful. I just feel sad for them.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21174 on: November 05, 2019, 11:17:28 PM »
Oh my God. I hadn’t seen that. It’s awful. I just feel sad for them.

They are doing a $40 million remodel that will take them, I'm dead ass serious on this, four years. I couldn't imagine being a K-State fan when we were broke boys.