Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3209143 times)

star seed 7, scubot and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is TBD
« Reply #21126 on: November 04, 2019, 06:48:44 PM »
They are brainstorming on ways to improve GameDay experience.
The port-a-potty idea is a good, easy common sense improvement. Put a line of them against the fences on the east and west side ground floors and several in the recessed dungeon like areas under the bowl.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21127 on: November 04, 2019, 07:14:31 PM »
that's just good, common sense measures from rock chalk nation.

remember when they tore out a track for no other reason than we made fun of them for it?  lmfaotp

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21128 on: November 04, 2019, 07:15:51 PM »

remember when they tore out a track for no other reason than we made fun of them for it?  lmfaotp
To be fair, everyone made fun of us for it--not just y'all.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #21129 on: November 04, 2019, 07:22:31 PM »
The port-a-potty idea is a good, easy common sense improvement. Put a line of them against the fences on the east and west side ground floors and several in the recessed dungeon like areas under the bowl.

Good idea, they will help blend in the notorious stink of the stadium restrooms.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #21130 on: November 05, 2019, 09:59:44 AM »

remember when we convinced them to call it the hilariously lame and small time nickname "da booth"

:ROFL:

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21131 on: November 05, 2019, 10:01:41 AM »
and all they did was print up a tarp to hang on the chain link fence  :lol:

seriously, they need to get their crap together, it's rough ridin' embarassing

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #21132 on: November 05, 2019, 10:47:41 AM »
they need to stop being super worried about what kstate fans think.  They also need to listen to good advice about trying to rebrand the stadium.  a great number of their fans saw through our troll and said please don't try and name the stadium that

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21133 on: November 05, 2019, 11:01:05 AM »
this is true.  i'm glad we decided on the booth, and not the initial idea of the shithole, because the booth was def more believable.  great job everyone.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21134 on: November 05, 2019, 11:04:33 AM »

Port-a-pottys should a problem at a football stadium, not a solution.  Everything about KU football is gross.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21135 on: November 05, 2019, 11:06:21 AM »
fritzel should fleece ku again and convince them to build a new fball stadium halfway between campus and Topeka like he did with the whole rockchalk park thing that's crumbling apart. i'm sure the new AD would be a willing participant if he knew he'd make some side money off the thing too.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #21136 on: November 05, 2019, 11:07:52 AM »
What if they moved it out to the airport by the dirty strip club
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21137 on: November 05, 2019, 11:19:17 AM »
Their attendance is already terrible. The strip club would be too much competition.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #21138 on: November 05, 2019, 11:21:28 AM »
Could be the new jiffy lube place  :th_twocents:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #21139 on: November 05, 2019, 11:23:36 AM »
fritzel should fleece ku again and convince them to build a new fball stadium halfway between campus and Topeka like he did with the whole rockchalk park thing that's crumbling apart. i'm sure the new AD would be a willing participant if he knew he'd make some side money off the thing too.

This is ultimately going to be what happens.  The donors will not pour money into "da booth"  :ROFL: because it won't financially help them.  The next big donor will want a cut of the score

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21140 on: November 05, 2019, 11:29:08 AM »

This is ultimately going to be what happens.  The donors will not pour money into "da booth"  :ROFL: because it won't financially help them.  The next big donor will want a cut of the score

They will build in in western JoCo in the old Sunflower Army Ammunition Plant on K-10 near the Dougas County line.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21141 on: November 05, 2019, 11:31:15 AM »
they should just pay sporting a rental fee and play all home games at sporting park.  16k hawks packed in there every game being jayhawk loud.  goosebumps.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21142 on: November 05, 2019, 12:10:48 PM »
 Serious question, what would it take to reach a breaking point to actually drop football? Say the NCAA comes down hard on KU athletics. Say multi year postseason ban, loss of scholarships, recruiting restrictions... the works. Les Miles experiment fails spectacularly, revenue drops in basketball because of the sanctions and football continues being a black hole of suck for another 5 years.

Does the conversation realistically take place?

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21143 on: November 05, 2019, 12:24:08 PM »
Serious question, what would it take to reach a breaking point to actually drop football? Say the NCAA comes down hard on KU athletics. Say multi year postseason ban, loss of scholarships, recruiting restrictions... the works. Les Miles experiment fails spectacularly, revenue drops in basketball because of the sanctions and football continues being a black hole of suck for another 5 years.

I bet it's like fielding a losing baseball team in the MLB.  There is so much TV money that you can't lose (but you are also a laughing stock).  I'm sure Dax has some spreadsheets on the breaking point financially.  I mean the only other teams to really talk about it are like, UConn right?  I mean woof, but their conference wasn't doing them any favors like the Big 12 is for KU football.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21144 on: November 05, 2019, 01:08:51 PM »

I bet it's like fielding a losing baseball team in the MLB.  There is so much TV money that you can't lose (but you are also a laughing stock).  I'm sure Dax has some spreadsheets on the breaking point financially.  I mean the only other teams to really talk about it are like, UConn right?  I mean woof, but their conference wasn't doing them any favors like the Big 12 is for KU football.

Probably spot on with the revenue deal but is there still a minimum attendance figure needed to stay in "D1". -- FBS teams also have to meet minimum game attendance requirements (average 15,000 people in actual or paid attendance per home game)
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21145 on: November 05, 2019, 01:27:36 PM »
Yeah, but we saw in 2015 and 2016 that KU will lie about attendance numbers. Dropping football won't happen with KU because that'll automatically kick them out of any P5 conference. As long as their basketball program is allowed to continue to cheat their way into conference championships, KU will continue to tolerate being the worst FBS football program in modern history.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #21146 on: November 05, 2019, 01:29:09 PM »
You guys are forgetting ISU, who never even sniffed the football success KU had.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21147 on: November 05, 2019, 01:38:14 PM »
yeah but iowa state fans love them some crappy football

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #21148 on: November 05, 2019, 02:16:20 PM »
KU would absolutely kill to have Iowa state's sustained "success"

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21149 on: November 05, 2019, 02:21:15 PM »
KU would absolutely kill to have Iowa state's sustained "success"

Seriously, the two aren't even close

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/iowa-state/index.html

vs

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/kansas/index.html

Flood Aggie is winning that one every time. Not to mention that 5 coaches ago for KU takes me back to 2009 while with Iowa State you have to go all the way back to 1994. Consistency is important.