Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3145636 times)

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #20025 on: December 18, 2018, 06:21:13 PM »
That Rittenberg article is shite. I've read like half dozen of these coaching grade articles and any one of them that doesn't ridicule the Hugh Freeze hire should be mocked then dismissed, Rittenberg gave Liberty an A.

Seems like a good hire to me.  Their version of Huggins.

That's an awful comparison, read up on Hugh Freeze. I guess it's an A in the sense that he's perfect for Ian McCaw and those hypocrites at liberty.

I think it's an accurate comparison.  Freeze is a good coach just like huggs.  Huggins had the dui.  Freeze had strippergate.  Just because Freeze was doing shady things doesn't mean he can't win football games.  I'm mean if you're Liberty, and you're willing to look like a hypocrite, this is the best hire they could've made.  They were never going to be able to land a coach of Freeze's level without something like this happening. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20026 on: December 18, 2018, 08:28:03 PM »
That Rittenberg article is shite. I've read like half dozen of these coaching grade articles and any one of them that doesn't ridicule the Hugh Freeze hire should be mocked then dismissed, Rittenberg gave Liberty an A.

Seems like a good hire to me.  Their version of Huggins.

That's an awful comparison, read up on Hugh Freeze. I guess it's an A in the sense that he's perfect for Ian McCaw and those hypocrites at liberty.

I think it's an accurate comparison.  Freeze is a good coach just like huggs.  Huggins had the dui.  Freeze had strippergate.  Just because Freeze was doing shady things doesn't mean he can't win football games.  I'm mean if you're Liberty, and you're willing to look like a hypocrite, this is the best hire they could've made.  They were never going to be able to land a coach of Freeze's level without something like this happening.

That's fair.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #20027 on: December 19, 2018, 03:05:01 PM »

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20028 on: December 19, 2018, 03:08:12 PM »
I honestly don’t know that much about recruiting, but how much can you really attribute to a coach after a few weeks at the school?

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #20029 on: December 19, 2018, 03:20:12 PM »
I honestly don’t know that much about recruiting, but how much can you really attribute to a coach after a few weeks at the school?
Not much unless your a 'seed from Lawrence expecting big things. Yes, there are several that thought Miles would flash a ring and the recruits would come running. But they are still KU, they just don't get that.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20030 on: December 19, 2018, 03:52:24 PM »
He is 65 years old.  Who wants to play for an old balls coach.  He could die on the sideline at any moment or get dementia halfway through the season.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20031 on: December 19, 2018, 04:42:34 PM »
It's hard to hate on their class with just a month on the job and not being able to hire anyone on his stuff, but holy crap that class is an absolutely disaster.

There is seriously only one I would take (the Russell kid.. well ok, probably the massive human being DT too).

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #20032 on: December 19, 2018, 06:26:43 PM »
I don’t think Les is interested in over working himself from what I’ve heard....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20033 on: December 19, 2018, 09:55:34 PM »
Chances Charlie Weiss and Les Miles texted before Les got hired?  I'm guessing pretty high.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Oyster_Trousers

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20034 on: December 20, 2018, 02:31:18 AM »
 :cheers:
Chances Charlie Weiss and Les Miles texted before Les got hired?  I'm guessing pretty high.

Charlie: Heard you were thinking about retiring soon.

Les: Yeah, found I nice pad on the 9th green at Sarasota.  Woulda put a down payment on it too if I weren’t so cash poor.

Charlie: Have you ever been to Lawrence?

KU made the better hire....Miles is a sure fire grantee

Online deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20035 on: December 20, 2018, 06:12:37 AM »
I don't actually hope that Les is a replay of the Weis debacle, but the rubes in lawrentucky and the rube fan base sure fall for some pretty damn big scams.   Makes our hire of Prince Ron with the notebooks look enlightened.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #20036 on: December 20, 2018, 08:20:17 AM »
I want them to be good enough that we get to rip their hearts out each year when we win.

But first, I want him to bomb yext year. They need to get 100 losses in 10 years. They deserve that much at least. Too much time and lack of effort to let that potential milestone go to waste.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20037 on: December 20, 2018, 08:32:14 AM »
How many do they need?

Offline POWL

• Combo-Fan
  • just sayin....
    • View Profile
« Reply #20038 on: December 20, 2018, 08:50:04 AM »
How many do they need?
they have 90 losses in the past 9 seasons..........so, 2-10 gets it done......good luck Jayhawks !  :cheers:
Beems 2015 - "Honestly, I'd be surprised if this message board survived another five years."

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20039 on: December 20, 2018, 08:54:28 AM »
a decade of defalcation

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20040 on: December 20, 2018, 08:57:49 AM »
How many do they need?
they have 90 losses in the past 9 seasons..........so, 2-10 gets it done......good luck Jayhawks !  :cheers:

It can’t be emphasized enough that virtually every player will be better next season. More focus, better coached, schemes that make sense to the personnel

Trust the guy with a Ring and 3 decades of experience at P5 Level

They're going to win way more than 2 games next year.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20041 on: December 20, 2018, 11:08:12 AM »
How many do they need?

It can’t be emphasized enough that virtually every player will be better next season. More focus, better coached, schemes that make sense to the personnel

Trust the guy with a Ring and 3 decades of experience at P5 Level

They're going to win way more than 2 games next year.

Eh, I don't know. Most of the teams that they'd have a shot to beat; TCU, BC, Iowa State... are on the road. For home games, they've got two winnable ones to start the season, and then everything else is questionable until they close the season out with Baylor.

If TCU hadn't screwed the pooch this year, I'd feel pretty confident they go 3-9 next year and become the first program to have 100 losses in 10 seasons. I agree, it's not likely, but the possibility is still very much there.

Offline POWL

• Combo-Fan
  • just sayin....
    • View Profile
« Reply #20042 on: December 20, 2018, 11:29:59 AM »
uh, they are not beating Boston College on the road.......
Beems 2015 - "Honestly, I'd be surprised if this message board survived another five years."

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20043 on: December 20, 2018, 11:43:13 AM »
uh, they are not beating Boston College on the road.......
they will find a way to keep Pooka eligible but without him they would be in serious trouble. they graduated a lot.
replacing all the WRs.
the OL will take a small hit but they do return their RBs who are pretty good.
their leading tacklers are gone but young secondary will improve.
any injuries on the lines, which they avoided this year, would be a catastrophe next yr

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20044 on: December 20, 2018, 12:57:19 PM »
Lol, you guys are definitely forgetting Les won a Natty.

Offline POWL

• Combo-Fan
  • just sayin....
    • View Profile
« Reply #20045 on: December 20, 2018, 01:03:51 PM »
I just can't believe they keep chasing the JuCo's like this every year........Les doesn't have the guts to bite the bullet, suck for a couple of years and build the roster from Freshman who red-shirt because he wants to "compete" now......trouble is they go JuCo and still lose........not exactly "Breaking the Cycle"  :confused:

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #20046 on: December 20, 2018, 01:19:39 PM »
They almost beat us at home this year  :dunno:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #20047 on: December 20, 2018, 03:06:27 PM »
https://247sports.com/college/kansas/Article/Pooka-Williams-arrest-Kansas-football-details-126687967/

According to a report from The Kansas City Star, the alleged 18-year old female victim claims Williams, “punched her in the stomach and grabbed her by the throat.”

Offline POWL

• Combo-Fan
  • just sayin....
    • View Profile
« Reply #20048 on: December 20, 2018, 03:15:12 PM »
https://247sports.com/college/kansas/Article/Pooka-Williams-arrest-Kansas-football-details-126687967/

According to a report from The Kansas City Star, the alleged 18-year old female victim claims Williams, “punched her in the stomach and grabbed her by the throat.”
that dude will never play another down for Kansas.  :dubious:

Offline WadeRam

• Fan
  • Don't you want nice things?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20049 on: December 20, 2018, 03:26:25 PM »

that dude will never play another down for Kansas.  :dubious:

Yep. That's Fusker-level stuff there, if true. He's cooked.