Author Topic: KU football is hurting  (Read 1538704 times)

Online Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Not a huge gin guy...
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #20025 on: December 17, 2018, 11:08:24 PM »
That's 25% of their commits and 20% of their stars.

Wrong on both numbers.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #20026 on: December 18, 2018, 10:58:02 AM »
It seems the phog guys are making an officially licensed t-shirt to commemorate an apparently awesome flight tracker thread.

I mean, we wanted to make a coffee table book out of the cigars thread.
Who the eff is "we"? And besides, the wild ride of conference realignment is slightly bigger than flight tracking your next coach.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile

Offline POWL

• Combo-Fan
  • just sayin....
    • View Profile
Beems 2015 - "Honestly, I'd be surprised if this message board survived another five years."

Offline PurpleOil

• Combo-Fan
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20029 on: December 18, 2018, 11:19:45 AM »
Wow, hasn't been on the job for a month yet and already getting a D-.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20030 on: December 18, 2018, 11:25:16 AM »
"But which school got the higher grade from ESPN’s Adam Rittenberg may be an eye-opener."

LMAO at anyone shocked that someone thinks that Les Miles is a doofus that jumped at a payday at 65 years old.

Offline POWL

• Combo-Fan
  • just sayin....
    • View Profile
« Reply #20031 on: December 18, 2018, 11:54:27 AM »
I wonder how long it takes the Phog to turn on Les.......2020?  their meltdowns are amazing....they have gotten so good at that conditioned sky is falling response
Beems 2015 - "Honestly, I'd be surprised if this message board survived another five years."

Offline DaBigTrain

• Katpak'r
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, btc, ltc, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #20032 on: December 18, 2018, 12:42:49 PM »
Les miles reaction to that article and grade

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #20033 on: December 18, 2018, 01:07:06 PM »
It seems the phog guys are making an officially licensed t-shirt to commemorate an apparently awesome flight tracker thread.

I mean, we wanted to make a coffee table book out of the cigars thread.

Who the eff is "we"?
And besides, the wild ride of conference realignment is slightly bigger than flight tracking your next coach.

You and me, bud. You and me.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20034 on: December 18, 2018, 01:23:10 PM »
That Rittenberg article is shite. I've read like half dozen of these coaching grade articles and any one of them that doesn't ridicule the Hugh Freeze hire should be mocked then dismissed, Rittenberg gave Liberty an A.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Katpak'r
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20035 on: December 18, 2018, 04:25:24 PM »
I wonder how long it takes the Phog to turn on Les.......2020?  their meltdowns are amazing....they have gotten so good at that conditioned sky is falling response
How long until Tom "the breaker of coaches" Keegan is calling for poor Les' head on a pike?

I'm betting September 2020.

Online Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Not a huge gin guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20036 on: December 18, 2018, 04:27:58 PM »
How long until Tom "the breaker of coaches" Keegan is calling for poor Les' head on a pike?

Keegan writes for a Boston paper, now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20037 on: December 18, 2018, 04:42:06 PM »
That Rittenberg article is shite. I've read like half dozen of these coaching grade articles and any one of them that doesn't ridicule the Hugh Freeze hire should be mocked then dismissed, Rittenberg gave Liberty an A.

Seems like a good hire to me.  Their version of Huggins. 

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Katpak'r
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20038 on: December 18, 2018, 05:14:19 PM »

Keegan writes for a Boston paper, now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Won't stop him from crushing Les when he decides it is time.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20039 on: December 18, 2018, 05:57:03 PM »

That's an awful comparison, read up on Hugh Freeze. I guess it's an A in the sense that he's perfect for Ian McCaw and those hypocrites at liberty.

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20040 on: December 18, 2018, 06:21:13 PM »

That's an awful comparison, read up on Hugh Freeze. I guess it's an A in the sense that he's perfect for Ian McCaw and those hypocrites at liberty.

I think it's an accurate comparison.  Freeze is a good coach just like huggs.  Huggins had the dui.  Freeze had strippergate.  Just because Freeze was doing shady things doesn't mean he can't win football games.  I'm mean if you're Liberty, and you're willing to look like a hypocrite, this is the best hire they could've made.  They were never going to be able to land a coach of Freeze's level without something like this happening. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20041 on: December 18, 2018, 08:28:03 PM »

I think it's an accurate comparison.  Freeze is a good coach just like huggs.  Huggins had the dui.  Freeze had strippergate.  Just because Freeze was doing shady things doesn't mean he can't win football games.  I'm mean if you're Liberty, and you're willing to look like a hypocrite, this is the best hire they could've made.  They were never going to be able to land a coach of Freeze's level without something like this happening.

That's fair.

Online WackyCat08

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #FireBradHill!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20042 on: December 19, 2018, 03:05:01 PM »

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20043 on: December 19, 2018, 03:08:12 PM »
I honestly don’t know that much about recruiting, but how much can you really attribute to a coach after a few weeks at the school?

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #20044 on: December 19, 2018, 03:20:12 PM »
I honestly don’t know that much about recruiting, but how much can you really attribute to a coach after a few weeks at the school?
Not much unless your a 'seed from Lawrence expecting big things. Yes, there are several that thought Miles would flash a ring and the recruits would come running. But they are still KU, they just don't get that.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20045 on: December 19, 2018, 03:52:24 PM »
He is 65 years old.  Who wants to play for an old balls coach.  He could die on the sideline at any moment or get dementia halfway through the season.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20046 on: December 19, 2018, 04:42:34 PM »
It's hard to hate on their class with just a month on the job and not being able to hire anyone on his stuff, but holy crap that class is an absolutely disaster.

There is seriously only one I would take (the Russell kid.. well ok, probably the massive human being DT too).

Offline justanotherguy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20047 on: December 19, 2018, 04:52:26 PM »
They fired the coach early to get a head start.  CK doesn't even know the roster.   A lot of KU fans thought Les would truck us or at least pick up a few decent Louisiana players with his connections.  He couldn't even get the best players in Lawrence.   Maybe he was left a dumpster fire, but the early results have to be concerning.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • SP? all of that--->
    • View Profile
« Reply #20048 on: December 19, 2018, 06:26:43 PM »
I don’t think Les is interested in over working himself from what I’ve heard....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20049 on: December 19, 2018, 09:55:34 PM »
Chances Charlie Weiss and Les Miles texted before Les got hired?  I'm guessing pretty high.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.