Author Topic: KU football is GOOD  (Read 1617769 times)

goCats101 and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online POWL

• Combo-Fan
  • just sayin....
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #20075 on: January 01, 2019, 01:24:09 PM »
They are starting to believe! ....and by they, I mean this one phogger  :drool:
 If we had shown up the first half at BU we would have beat them this year. They have that new stadium and it is empty already. They are going to be below us real soon.
Beems 2015 - "Honestly, I'd be surprised if this message board survived another five years."

Offline PurpleOil

• Combo-Fan
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20076 on: January 02, 2019, 07:58:04 AM »
I love it. Every few years, after the new coach is hired, THIS will be the time things change.

Just grab the popcorn, sit back, and wait for the inevitable collapse.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #20077 on: January 02, 2019, 11:04:40 AM »
I think Miles will do better than everyone post Mangino, but on the Phog, it's a forgone conclusion they are on the rise and K-State is in the dumps. I'm not convinced of that yet.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20078 on: January 02, 2019, 11:19:03 AM »
I think Miles will do better than everyone post Mangino, but on the Phog, it's a forgone conclusion they are on the rise and K-State is in the dumps. I'm not convinced of that yet.

I'm with you there. But that's a pretty low bar to cross. I'd be pretty surprised if he has a KU in a bowl game during his tenure.

Offline Oyster_Trousers

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20079 on: January 02, 2019, 11:39:56 AM »

I'm with you there. But that's a pretty low bar to cross. I'd be pretty surprised if he has a KU in a bowl game during his tenure.

The real surprise will be that Miles is there long enough to actually make tenure.
KU made the better hire....Miles is a sure fire grantee

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20080 on: January 02, 2019, 11:40:15 AM »
Maybe Miles can do some big things in 2020 that have a big impact on the field quickly but their current roster is crazy bad and unbalanced.  His job should be to recruit as many quality HS kids as he possibly can the next three years at the expense of any other metric of trajectory for the program.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20081 on: January 02, 2019, 11:43:53 AM »

As a whole, they have incredibly low CFBIQ.

But anyway, the Big 12 is in a pretty wild time as it stands today. 40% of the programs, WVU, TTU, K-State, and KU, will all have new head coaches (still rumors Gundy might retire as well). And to me, Baylor, TCU, and ISU all have pretty low ceilings with their current trends and staffs. OU will continue to be the star of the show, and now Texas is right there with them, but the other 8 programs are kind of all question marks if you ask me.

Basically, anything could happen over the next 3-5 years, and there's opportunities for many programs to solidify themselves as top half of the Big 12 programs... even KU

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20082 on: January 02, 2019, 11:48:48 AM »
His job should be to recruit as many quality HS kids as he possibly can the next three years at the expense of any other metric of trajectory for the program.

IMO that should be the priority for every new coach. hard to commit to.

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20083 on: January 02, 2019, 11:53:49 AM »
His job should be to recruit as many quality HS kids as he possibly can the next three years at the expense of any other metric of trajectory for the program.

he should have the ability to do that. long won't fire him and the fanbase isn't in a hurry to hold his feet to the fire.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20084 on: January 02, 2019, 11:57:32 AM »

he should have the ability to do that. long won't fire him and the fanbase isn't in a hurry to hold his feet to the fire.

how long before the shine of the 2007 national championship wears off in Lawrence?

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20085 on: January 02, 2019, 11:57:57 AM »

I think the only thing standing in the way of it is ego.  He would essentially be the guy that sets up the next guy. Given his age I don’t think he would really see much if any of the fruits of that labor.  KU with Miles seems like a great HCIW type scenario, but that’s easier said than done.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline ChiCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20086 on: January 02, 2019, 11:59:58 AM »
Maybe Miles can do some big things in 2020 that have a big impact on the field quickly but their current roster is crazy bad and unbalanced.  His job should be to recruit as many quality HS kids as he possibly can the next three years at the expense of any other metric of trajectory for the program.

I don't know that he'll have the patience he needs coming from LSU.  He's going to have to get used to losing to accept that the only solution is long term.

Offline Oyster_Trousers

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20087 on: January 02, 2019, 12:10:09 PM »
I still find it hard to believe that KU will sneak into the top half of the Big 12.  This will require 3 or 4 current contenders to fall out dramatically and Les Miles will have to achieve some pretty miraculous Milestones to pull it off.  Honestly, I don’t think even Les believes this can be accomplished.  We’re talking about a 65 year old coach who got obliterated at the famous Oread Bar at KU the night before his signing and I heard he didn’t even have a tab there.  He was in town for maybe a few hours and was already treated like football royalty by alums.  Their fans are drunk on delusions of grandeur.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Not a huge gin guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20088 on: January 02, 2019, 12:12:55 PM »
I still find it hard to believe that KU will sneak into the top half of the Big 12.  This will require 3 or 4 current contenders to fall out dramatically and Les Miles will have to achieve some pretty miraculous Milestones to pull it off.  Honestly, I don’t think even Les believes this can be accomplished.  We’re talking about a 65 year old coach who got obliterated at the famous Oread Bar at KU the night before his signing and I heard he didn’t even have a tab there.  He was in town for maybe a few hours and was already treated like football royalty by alums.  Their fans are drunk on delusions of grandeur.
I heard Les doesn't drink. Fake news?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline Oyster_Trousers

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20089 on: January 02, 2019, 12:18:33 PM »

They don’t call him the Mad Hatter for nothing.  He’s a magician of sorts to have kept his drinking habits out of the public eye for this long, but he’s getting old and sloppy.  I think his inhibitions are wearing thin.

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20090 on: January 02, 2019, 12:19:22 PM »
Weird for a non drinker to be sponsored by Dos Equis.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #20091 on: January 02, 2019, 12:21:01 PM »

My 4 year old son sees him drinking beer all the time during those Dos Equis commercials. I’ve told him many times he’s helping shape young people and that him drinking beer on TV isn’t being a very good role model.

Offline Oyster_Trousers

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20092 on: January 02, 2019, 12:23:38 PM »
Can confirm the man drinks too much coffee (possibly to compensate for drinking too much of the hooch).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/les-miles-went-to-the-hospital-monday-after-drinking-too-much-coffee/amp/

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Katpak'r
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20093 on: January 02, 2019, 12:52:01 PM »
Was yesterday Les' debut as a XX spokesperson?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Not a huge gin guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20094 on: January 02, 2019, 12:59:17 PM »
Not that weird, especially since it appears his (alleged) nondrinking is not widely known. It is not weird for a celebrity to endorse a product they don't use.

I also heard he was a vegan, but my source on that is a random phog poster, so who knows.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20095 on: January 02, 2019, 01:00:49 PM »
yeah, and i'm sure you think Ray Liotta doesn't use Chantix?

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20096 on: January 02, 2019, 01:36:57 PM »
He is in a commercial about watering grass(which is eats) with beer. How you come to the conclusion he doesn’t drink the product that waters the grass he eats I will never know.

Anyway I’ve told my son to not use him as a role model.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20097 on: January 02, 2019, 01:40:35 PM »
yeah, and i'm sure you think Ray Liotta doesn't use Chantix?

LeBron doesn’t drink Sprite(even tho he drinks it in the commercial).

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Not a huge gin guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20098 on: January 02, 2019, 01:59:44 PM »
I don't honestly know whether Les drinks alcohol, much less if he drinks Dos. But I find your smugness about it hilarious and amusing. So self-assured despite marshalling poor logic . . .

Offline Big Sam

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20099 on: January 02, 2019, 08:35:50 PM »
I love it. Every few years, after the new coach is hired, THIS will be the time things change.

Just grab the popcorn, sit back, and wait for the inevitable collapse.

Will this be enough popcorn?