Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3215140 times)

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #15475 on: September 14, 2016, 11:15:23 AM »
I could very easily see someone from North Korea who has never left the country say the same thing: "yes, it sucks we don't have food sometimes, but I'm sure there is no greater setting in the world."

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #15476 on: September 14, 2016, 11:22:59 AM »
I bet if you setup a new account with the username of KUpussyhound247 and posted: "To bang chicks, duh!"

You'd have a thousand 5 star votes by now.

Offline POWL

• Combo-Fan
  • just sayin....
    • View Profile
« Reply #15477 on: September 14, 2016, 11:25:34 AM »
Trolling possibilities aside, I really enjoy the all near unanimous feeling that Larrytown and the KU Campus is the best looking thing ever. Like they have some monopoly on what an aesthetically pleasing college town and campus looks like.
the phog is a strange place made up of strange people

I remember the first time I knew I wanted to go to KU.  I was from Denver, but my parents were both from Kansas and KU grads.  One mid-Fall of my youth, I couldn't have been more than 7, my father took me to a football game in Lawrence.  We drove down Tennessee Street, with those huge, Greek column houses, all those trees in full fall bloom- I'd never seen such color.  The college students were abound, all confident and cool- I wanted to know wheat it meant to have the fun they seemed to be having.  We walked around the campus with leaves sloshing at my feet; we stopped by the wheel, I rolled down the hill.  We tailgated, I tossed around the mini-football with other kids I didn't even know.  I told my dad that night at the Hotel, that I was going to KU- and by God, that's what I did.  I don't even remember the game from that day, I just remember how much I loved that experience.

You wonder why we would show up for such poor football- I say it isn't even about football...   
Beems 2015 - "Honestly, I'd be surprised if this message board survived another five years."

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #15478 on: September 14, 2016, 11:27:47 AM »
Cult like...

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15479 on: September 14, 2016, 11:27:56 AM »
Glad he made his life decisions when he was seven.  Sucks to think about things.

Online 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15480 on: September 14, 2016, 11:28:14 AM »
:lol: no rough ridin' way

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15481 on: September 14, 2016, 11:41:50 AM »
All I remember from KSU football games as a kid is amazing football plays and us kicking the crap out of everyone we played.  Wish I remembered more about the tree colors and smells in the air.   :frown:

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15482 on: September 14, 2016, 11:59:11 AM »
I remember the first time I knew I wanted to go to KU.  I was from Denver, but my parents were both from Kansas and KU grads.  One mid-Fall of my youth, I couldn't have been more than 7, my father took me to a football game in Lawrence.  We drove down Tennessee Street, with those huge, Greek column houses, all those trees in full fall bloom- I'd never seen such color.  The college students were abound, all confident and cool- I wanted to know wheat it meant to have the fun they seemed to be having.  We walked around the campus with leaves sloshing at my feet; we stopped by the wheel, I rolled down the hill.  We tailgated, I tossed around the mini-football with other kids I didn't even know.  I told my dad that night at the Hotel, that I was going to KU- and by God, that's what I did.  I don't even remember the game from that day, I just remember how much I loved that experience.

You wonder why we would show up for such poor football- I say it isn't even about football...   

Replace Denver with Wichita, KU with K-State, I nearly had the same experience as he did  :sdeek: except there was no hill  :frown:
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15483 on: September 14, 2016, 12:00:01 PM »

Replace Denver with Wichita, KU with K-State, I nearly had the same experience as he did  :sdeek: except there was no hill  :frown:

Also we crushed North Texas and the game atmosphere was 1000x better but w/e details
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15484 on: September 14, 2016, 12:09:46 PM »
Dad I really enjoyed seeing the pretty trees, sloshing through leaves and rolling around in the grass, what is the name of this place again?
KU.
Well I'm going to go here someday.
OK great.
What are those boys in helmets doing down there with that funny shaped ball?
Nothing, just keep staring at the hill.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15485 on: September 14, 2016, 12:21:07 PM »
it's not about the football you guys, it's bigger than that

Offline MeatSauce

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #15488 on: September 14, 2016, 12:44:06 PM »
All I remember from KSU football games as a kid is amazing football plays and us kicking the crap out of everyone we played.  Wish I remembered more about the tree colors and smells in the air.   :frown:
And free Powerbars

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #15489 on: September 14, 2016, 12:51:08 PM »
Trolling possibilities aside, I really enjoy the all near unanimous feeling that Larrytown and the KU Campus is the best looking thing ever. Like they have some monopoly on what an aesthetically pleasing college town and campus looks like.
the phog is a strange place made up of strange people

Kansas Jayhawk Football 2016: I say it isn't even about football...

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #15490 on: September 14, 2016, 12:58:57 PM »
I don't know, when you take away the run down stadium, sparse groupings of fans, student ghettos, dog crap football team, and deplorable facilities, the setting is pretty ok.

coupled with the uneasy sense that any number of the players could be a dangerous felon...

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15491 on: September 14, 2016, 02:02:27 PM »
I wanted to know wheat it meant to have the fun they seemed to be having.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15492 on: September 14, 2016, 02:22:32 PM »
Atmosphere at Memorial Stadium?  The Tomahawk sewage treatment plant in Leawood has as much "atmosphere".  Seriously, why does Memorial always smell like raw sewage?

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15493 on: September 14, 2016, 02:42:53 PM »
Atmosphere at Memorial Stadium?  The Tomahawk sewage treatment plant in Leawood has as much "atmosphere".  Seriously, why does Memorial always smell like raw sewage?

did you see that pile of crap out there on the field?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15494 on: September 14, 2016, 03:01:58 PM »
It's really amazing how two years of success in football can make a fanbase delusional and entitled.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15495 on: September 14, 2016, 03:05:10 PM »
It's really amazing how two years of success in football can make a fanbase delusional and entitled.

2?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15496 on: September 14, 2016, 03:08:07 PM »

2?

2008 is a success by KU football standards

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15497 on: September 14, 2016, 03:10:42 PM »
don't forget about the '95 team which landed them a coveted aloha bowl birth

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15498 on: September 14, 2016, 05:45:48 PM »

The Big Train

« Reply #15499 on: September 14, 2016, 05:49:23 PM »
:lol: