Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3221440 times)

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #6775 on: May 18, 2014, 11:19:12 PM »
Bookiepimp, FYI you suck at posting.

coming from the shittiest poster here, I take that as the highest of compliments.

:Woot:
bears are fast...

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6776 on: May 19, 2014, 09:19:00 AM »
our stadium's distance from campus is palpable

That setting too...

that's pretty funny

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6777 on: May 19, 2014, 09:41:46 AM »
Just found this...

Regarding Beems and my discussion about stadiums.  I think K-State football fans are what make your environment.  Beems isn't that far off on your actual structure.  It is out in the middle of nowhere and is a bit of hole in a parking lot.  But your gameday environment is electric and something I only dream that we could emulate in Lawrence.  That is thanks to LHC LHC Bill Snyder who is the best football coach of my lifetime.  However, your hole in the parking lot is still better than our herpes on the hill.  We will someday gut that thing.  It will be cool when its finished.  I just hope its in my life.
Depends if you mean the stadium is in the middle of nowhere, or the town is. If you think the town is, I won't argue that opinion. If you're saying the stadium is, then I disagree. It's like 1 mile from the center of campus. Easy walk from anywhere on campus.

The "hole in the ground" point is kinda silly. I mean Michigan's stadium is a hole too, then.

I have complemented you and your fans enough for today.  My quota is filled.  1 mile is not exactly spittin' distance from campus.  I fellated your fans and your game day environment while completely shitting on my alma mater's stadium.  I will drop the hole in the ground part.  Deal?
Is a mile a long way? Seems like it's not too me.

Cause it isn't, it took me and my friends 15 minutes to walk from the ville through our beautiful campus to the tailgating lots on the east side, pretty damn easy if you ask me.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6778 on: May 19, 2014, 09:52:19 AM »
Here's the thing.  BSFS is 1.3 miles from Anderson.  Perceived "heart" of campus.  But, it's not really the center of campus anymore.  Over the past decades, campus growth has been northwest.  Even if you don't consider jardine/athletic complex/rec center/vet complex part of campus, the stadium is still only .5mile from Claflin/Denison. 

I definitely wish we'd built the thing on top of East Stadium years ago.  But, over the years, we chose to just extend campus to the football stadium.  Either way, it's essentially "on campus" in every sense of the phrase. 

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6779 on: May 19, 2014, 09:57:59 AM »
interestingly, googlemaps shows that Memorial is about a mile to AFH and all of the residence halls west in the vicinity of campus AFH (i.e. 90% of student housing)

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #6780 on: May 19, 2014, 10:10:14 AM »
Here's the thing.  BSFS is 1.3 miles from Anderson.  Perceived "heart" of campus.  But, it's not really the center of campus anymore.  Over the past decades, campus growth has been northwest.  Even if you don't consider jardine/athletic complex/rec center/vet complex part of campus, the stadium is still only .5mile from Claflin/Denison. 

I definitely wish we'd built the thing on top of East Stadium years ago.  But, over the years, we chose to just extend campus to the football stadium.  Either way, it's essentially "on campus" in every sense of the phrase.
You're right, but it's 100% dumb for it to matter. Almost everybody drives to games anyway because they don't live in the dorms and tailgating is fun.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6781 on: May 19, 2014, 10:58:40 AM »

The city and K-State are about to embark on a massive overhaul of what they are calling the "Kimball Corridor" -- basically Kimball from College Ave to Tuttle Creek Blvd will be developed with condos, town homes, businesses, restaurants, etc. This is being done with NBAF  in mind, but it will certainly be a major benefit to Athletics. Within 5+ years, there won't be any more sheep lot parking, but there will be sports bars or restaurants across the street to get Pak'd in before a Catz hoops or foosball event.

You could make a pretty easy case that NBAF will be as important a city "center" as Anderson Hall currently is, and BSFS will be just down the street.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #6782 on: May 19, 2014, 11:01:49 AM »
That makes me sad, tbh

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #6783 on: May 19, 2014, 11:02:22 AM »
 :Wha:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #6784 on: May 19, 2014, 11:02:26 AM »
Rip, dat setting :cry:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6785 on: May 19, 2014, 11:04:40 AM »
That makes me sad, tbh

Yeah. That sucks for the students who like to tailgate across the street.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6786 on: May 19, 2014, 11:06:55 AM »

coming from the shittiest poster here, I take that as the highest of compliments.

put it in your sig line

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6787 on: May 19, 2014, 11:07:22 AM »
Rip, dat setting :cry:

When the hottest city in north America is being developed, progress is going to win over beautiful and convenient football er day.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6788 on: May 19, 2014, 11:08:58 AM »
You guys are thinking small timey. That sounds rough ridin' amazing

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #6789 on: May 19, 2014, 11:10:27 AM »
That makes me sad, tbh

Yeah. That sucks for the students who like to tailgate across the street.

They already put that rowing facility in tailgate space. . .now this? They are killing the best fan experience in the BIG XII  :cry:

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #6790 on: May 19, 2014, 11:10:55 AM »
You guys are thinking small timey. That sounds rough ridin' amazing
I'm kinda with you, bro. Sounds pretty much like party fuckin' central. Move over, Austin.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #6791 on: May 19, 2014, 11:11:40 AM »
Bars across the street sound fantastic.  Especially if they have roof decks and windows that garage-door up and out of the way.   :billdance:

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #6792 on: May 19, 2014, 11:11:50 AM »

put it in your sig line

denied. seven still wins.
bears are fast...

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #6793 on: May 19, 2014, 11:18:17 AM »
how much is red lobster going to charge to tailgate in their parking lot?

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6794 on: May 19, 2014, 11:19:34 AM »
Don't get me wrong I'm definitely a north lot gater but let's be real it would be awesome with bars

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #6795 on: May 19, 2014, 11:22:11 AM »
Don't get me wrong I'm definitely a north lot gater but let's be real it would be awesome with bars

if they can build something awesome.

it sounds more like olathe than aggieville

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6796 on: May 19, 2014, 11:27:38 AM »
There's already a pretty decent-sized bar district within easy walking distance of the stadium. Honestly, our fanbase would probably receive this better if somebody just plopped a Cabela's over there.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6797 on: May 19, 2014, 11:27:44 AM »

if they can build something awesome.

it sounds more like olathe than aggieville
maybe but I think with the nbaf in mind it will be bad ass. Could be complete wrong tho

The Big Train

« Reply #6798 on: May 19, 2014, 11:42:12 AM »
I've always thought it would be badass to have bars across the street. I just hope there will still be room there for people to still tailgate north of the stadium. Having bars would be cool but also more expensive then it is now.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #6799 on: May 19, 2014, 12:14:15 PM »
The last page could be in its own thread called "K-State wants to be Iowa State". That sounds rough ridin' amazing, I'm sorry you won't be able to play corn hole in a sheep field.