Author Topic: The KU Rayhawks are NOT going through a rough patch. They make Raytown, Missouri proud!  (Read 3501035 times)

EMAWzifried, 114Hickory, CNS, MidnightOil82, chum1, BostonPancake, Spaces, KST8FAN and 11 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Apology accepted, OregonSmock. :cheers:

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
I can't wait for the Century of Dominance DVD, guys.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Beems is in Sean's head with this stuff guys.   :ohno:

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
spracne brings a solid point, all the great california beach cities are loaded with bums.
it's the nicest thing you can say about lawrence. they have more homeless per capita than you'd expect to find in a small midwestern town.

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Detroit has a large homeless population. Detroit, the wasteland of the industrial age where freezing in a real possibility six months out of the year.
When you think, KU is kind of the Detroit of higher education. Declining population, being surpassed by more energetic, forward-looking competition.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
Detroit has a large homeless population. Detroit, the wasteland of the industrial age where freezing in a real possibility six months out of the year.
When you think, KU is kind of the Detroit of higher education. Declining population, being surpassed by more energetic, forward-looking competition.
Does Detroit still have a homeless problem? Pretty sure you can barter a house for 12# of aluminum cans. Not sure though, maybe it's picked up there.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
"Mayoral candidates, business leaders and policy wonks on Mackinac Island are all quick to expound on how Detroit can once again be a great American city. But for all their sage advice on economic revitalization, once again there’s barely a peep on how to solve the city’s mounting homeless crisis, which has swelled to approximately 20,000 people."

I know what you're thinking, for that size of city that doesn't seem that bad considering Lawrence has like half that.

Does Detroit still have a homeless problem? Pretty sure you can barter a house for 12# of aluminum cans. Not sure though, maybe it's picked up there.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Hell, I'm pretty sure you can pick one of many houses for the price of a crowbar.

Offline MouseRat

• Mall Santa/Amateur Surgeon
  • Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
  • Pound £*#%ing sand!
    • View Profile

Hell, I'm pretty sure you can pick one of many houses for the price of a crowbar.
Last time I was in Detroit I saw two bums fighting over a can of cheese whiz.  I imagine one could witness a similar event in Lawrence only instead of a can of cheese they would be fighting over a half eaten block of ethically produced organic cheese from Trader Joe's.
I’ve started to kind of hate people, and it’s not because I have anything against them. It’s just, I enjoy it. It’s recreation.
-Louis C.K.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Guys, shut up

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
Guys, shut up

Yeah I bet like half of the posters here like to put on their iron man suits (which we can all afford bc we're all basically tony stark) and punt dead horses into the air for miles that for some reason always seem to land in Junction City regardless of where they were kicked from because really where else would they go?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Revised timeline:

1968:  Vanier Football Complex

1991-93:  Substantial Expansion and Renovation of Vanier Football Complex

1993:  K-State opens 87 yard x 137 yard dedicated indoor football practice facility. 

1993 and 1994:  Glen Mason asks for a Vanier like facility for ku football

1995:  Glen Mason attempts to leave ku for Georgia, siting lack of monetary, fan and facilities support.  Specifically no movement towards ku having their own Vanier Football Complex, nor a dedicated football indoor practice facility. 

1996:  Glen Mason leaves ku for Minn.  Says inability to compete with other Big 8 schools because of lack of facilities for football including no dedicated football complex like the Vanier complex at K-State and no dedicated football indoor practice facility like at K-State. 

2002:  Mark Mangino implores Lew Perkins to raise funds so ku can have a dedicated football complex similar to the Switzer Center at OU and the Vanier Football Complex at K-State.   Mangino also asks for a dedicated indoor practice facility like the one K-State has had for 9 years.

2005-2007:  Multi-phased $10.5 million dollar expansion and renovation of the Vanier Football Complex at K-State. 

2008:  ku opens Anderson Football Center 15 years after Glen Mason's original request, 6 years after Mark Mangino's request and 15 years after the first substantial expansion and renovation of the Vanier Football Complex at K-State.   No plans for a dedicated indoor football practice facility at ku.

2014:  K-State announces $65 million dollar entirely new Vanier Football Complex.   
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 02:39:48 PM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
Revised timeline:

1993:  K-State opens 87 yard x 137 yard dedicated indoor football practice facility. 

1995:  Glen Mason attempts to leave ku for Georgia, siting lack of monetary, fan and facilities support.  Specifically no movement towards ku having their own Vanier Football Complex, nor a dedicated football indoor practice facility. 

1996:  Glen Mason leaves ku for Minn.  Says inability to compete with other Big 8 schools because of lack of facilities for football including no dedicated football complex like the Vanier complex at K-State and no dedicated football indoor practice facility like at K-State. 

2002:  Mark Mangino implores Lew Perkins to raise funds so ku can have a dedicated football complex similar to the Switzer Center at OU and the Vanier Football Complex at K-State.   Mangino also asks for a dedicated indoor practice facility like the one K-State has had for 9 years.

2005-2007:  Multi-phased $10.5 million dollar expansion and renovation of the Vanier Football Complex at K-State. 

2008:  ku opens Anderson Football Center 15 years after Glen Mason's original request, 6 years after Mark Mangino's request and 15 years after the first substantial expansion and renovation of the Vanier Football Complex at K-State.   No plans for a dedicated indoor football practice facility at ku.

2014:  K-State announces $65 million dollar entirely new Vanier Football Complex.
:confused:

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Revised timeline:

:confused:

He was sitting while citing.   Duh.   I'm not going to hold your hand forever.

The Big Train

The 2 worst posters posting back to back. Good grief

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
siting, citing . . . you know.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The 2 worst posters posting back to back. Good grief

I beginning to think you have a bit of a thing for me.   That's cool, dude, dream big and all that.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
JT isn't even in the 10 worst. Eastdork is tho
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Beems in full rage meltdown mode over on the Phog.  Someone please hide his anti-depressants before something bad happens  :frown:

Pepperjax34 wrote: Well the tater circle jerk didn't take long to reach full steam. It's good to know that KU football is in their heads 24/7. They're still dealing with the psychological trauma of watching KU go 12-1 and win an Orange Bowl. Having an all-time losing record against a basketball school has to hurt as well.

Lil' bro seeking validation for their new football complex (seven years after KU built our's) doesn't really say anything about the rivalry. Taters have been waiting a lifetime for this kind of moment.

Offline Jackstack99EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Is there ever a moment where Beems isn't melting down?  He's reverted to phog talking points.   

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
You have to go back at 6 years for the Orange Bowl smack to be relevant.  You have to back nearly 60 for the record to go KU's way.  K-State builds a football complex, they are better off building a time machine.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
I call dibs on the time machine once they get it built and start loaning it out.  Still haven't dealt w the wallpaper inventor guy fully yet. 

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Beems, if you don't come here to defend ku who will?

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
You don't get to pick and choose which points in history are relevant.  The bottom line is that K-State has an all-time losing record to a basketball school and is building a new football complex seven years after KU built our's.  Congrats, by the way (the renderings are awesome). 

:cheers: