Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3224385 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #4950 on: February 28, 2014, 04:36:00 PM »
I feel like maybe if I looked at that picture long enough I'd see the sailboat.

Offline DeoKat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4951 on: February 28, 2014, 04:37:54 PM »
Let's review for the non-butthurt, pro-KU crowd:

Allen Fieldhouse:  One of the top 15 sports venues in the world.  Underwent over $70 million in renovations in 2011.  Considered by many to be the mecca of college basketball.

Anderson Football Complex:  One of the most modern and efficient strength facilities in the Big 12.  Built six years before K-State announced plans for a new complex.

Rock Chalk Park:  One of the top five tracks in the United States.  State of the art facility that will allow KU to host regional track events as well as national and conference championships.  100% private funding.

Ward Family Scholarship Suites:  Renovated in early 2000, and was the largest pressbox/suite in the state of Kansas up until K-State's WSC expansion in 2013. 

:love:

Looks like the suites at Butler CC - just not as nice.

can vouch for that  :kstategrad:
When you succeed at Illinois you go to Kansas and when you fail at Illinois, you go to Kansas State

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4952 on: February 28, 2014, 04:49:37 PM »
The worst thing about that pic of a "suite" is that OH is BITB at posting awesome pictures

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #4953 on: February 28, 2014, 05:12:32 PM »
Hey guys, those suites have a great view of the track below.

Offline wazucat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4954 on: February 28, 2014, 05:12:55 PM »
"Allen Fieldhouse:  One of the top 15 sports venues in the world."   :lol:

This hyperbole ranks right up there with KU athletics on a financial par with Notre Dame.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4955 on: February 28, 2014, 05:33:43 PM »
 AH is very well respected.  The rest of KU is a mudslide into a dump

Offline dave

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4956 on: February 28, 2014, 06:01:03 PM »
But the thing is, you sit in one of those chairs and watch what's going on down on the field for maybe 30 minutes. Then you get up and leave.

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4957 on: February 28, 2014, 06:08:18 PM »
Phog rejoinder to all this (and you knew it would be): Orange Bowl tho

Offline CatMission

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4958 on: February 28, 2014, 06:09:02 PM »

Hey guys, those suites have a great view of the track below.
Great for watching the triple jump.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4959 on: February 28, 2014, 06:33:17 PM »

Allen Fieldhouse:  One of the top 15 sports venues in the world.  Underwent over $70 million in renovations in 2011.  Considered by many to be the mecca of college basketball.

Anderson Football Complex:  One of the most modern and efficient strength facilities in the Big 12.  Built six years before K-State announced plans for a new complex.

Rock Chalk Park:  One of the top five tracks in the United States.  State of the art facility that will allow KU to host regional track events as well as national and conference championships.  100% private funding.

Ward Family Scholarship Suites:  Renovated in early 2000, and was the largest pressbox/suite in the state of Kansas up until K-State's WSC expansion in 2013. 

But where do the rich people sit?

Offline CyberToothCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4960 on: February 28, 2014, 06:35:08 PM »

I tried to mark this picture up with my questions but it ended up being just a bunch of ms paintbrush covering the whole picture.

On what I'd call the right wall perpendicular to the ledge, is that a mirror making that suite look a little bigger or a window into the next door neighbor's? 

On the left of the photo, is that a stairway down to a small walkway that's on the other side of that ledge?  Where does it go to?

The furniture - was it that the photographer was given orders to prove that the suite had 7 stool-like chairs and 2 tables but he could only take 1 picture so he moved all the furniture into the frame?  All the furniture aside from the blue chairs is unusable as shown.

Regarding the stairway, just above the end of the handrail, you can see what looks like the arm of a chair with a cup holder, similar to the blue chairs that are visible in the pic. I think the stairs lead down to a lower level in the suite that has more seating.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4961 on: February 28, 2014, 06:35:41 PM »

At BSFS

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4962 on: February 28, 2014, 06:50:19 PM »
lol

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4963 on: February 28, 2014, 06:54:36 PM »
Beems you should delete that suite pic.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #4964 on: February 28, 2014, 07:18:03 PM »
he's joking with that picture of that awful suite right?  that's a joke he's making?

sweet merciful christ :love:

the fact that beems thinks the KU pressbox is remotely comparable to ours :lol:
emaw

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4965 on: February 28, 2014, 07:19:59 PM »

Rock Chalk Park is 100% privately funded?  What's up with the 30yr note and remote location?

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4966 on: February 28, 2014, 07:20:51 PM »
So K-State is building a new football complex a little over six years after KU completed our football complex in' 08?  Damn.  That's legit.
yeah eff calendars

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4967 on: February 28, 2014, 09:10:41 PM »

I tried to mark this picture up with my questions but it ended up being just a bunch of ms paintbrush covering the whole picture.

On what I'd call the right wall perpendicular to the ledge, is that a mirror making that suite look a little bigger or a window into the next door neighbor's? 

On the left of the photo, is that a stairway down to a small walkway that's on the other side of that ledge?  Where does it go to?

The furniture - was it that the photographer was given orders to prove that the suite had 7 stool-like chairs and 2 tables but he could only take 1 picture so he moved all the furniture into the frame?  All the furniture aside from the blue chairs is unusable as shown.

Regarding the stairway, just above the end of the handrail, you can see what looks like the arm of a chair with a cup holder, similar to the blue chairs that are visible in the pic. I think the stairs lead down to a lower level in the suite that has more seating.

Good eye.

I've never put any thought into promotional photos of interiors, but that has to be one of the worst.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4968 on: February 28, 2014, 09:14:01 PM »
Kind of looks like bowling alley chairs.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4969 on: February 28, 2014, 09:14:13 PM »
prolly a luke but shots fired

K-State In Season ?@kstateinseason  7h
Welcome to Memorial Stadium, where #KStateFB has more Big 12 wins than KU in the last 4 seasons (3). #StatoftheDay pic.twitter.com/ecM8YgIYHF

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4970 on: February 28, 2014, 09:18:46 PM »

That looks like the Regus office facility on Wichita

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4971 on: February 28, 2014, 09:23:34 PM »

At BSFS

:billdance:

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4972 on: February 28, 2014, 10:51:57 PM »
I feel like maybe if I looked at that picture long enough I'd see the sailboat.

If you can focus on the stuff in the mirror/window then try to keep your eyes focused like that while moving up to the picture you might be able to see the boat.

The Big Train

« Reply #4973 on: February 28, 2014, 10:54:17 PM »
200!!!

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #4974 on: March 01, 2014, 12:19:19 PM »
That picture of a "suite" bmw posted looks like a miniature and shittier version of our OLD press box. Ya know, where we stuffed nonpaying smelly press people.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd