Author Topic: ITT We Laugh At Other Pud Teams' Pud Stadiums/Arenas  (Read 438560 times)

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
ITT We Laugh At Other Pud Teams' Pud Stadiums/Arenas
« Reply #200 on: July 22, 2013, 09:00:26 PM »
Awesome report. The Demoncats are a mystery to me and always have been. Purple. Demons. Knack-a-dish. The juggalo friend of mine who has two degrees from Georgetown took his gynecologist wife on a romantic getaway weekend to a bed and breakfast there. Lolwut. Apparently they got bored with the town instantaneously but there was one redeeming factor, a local soda fountain that "...had DDP on tap, which you NEVER see."

The football stadium seems like it could be a cool place to see a game. I like the visitor's side, it's super high angle-y. The color scheme on the press box side seats is super LOL, and the house that Croce built is just turrible.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
ITT We Laugh At Other Pud Teams' Pud Stadiums/Arenas
« Reply #201 on: July 22, 2013, 09:03:49 PM »
Pretty sure they filmed Waterboy there.

Not sure if srs but it was for realsies filmed in Florida.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
Re: ITT We Laugh At Other Pud Teams' Pud Stadiums/Arenas
« Reply #202 on: July 22, 2013, 09:12:12 PM »
Awesome report. The Demoncats are a mystery to me and always have been. Purple. Demons. Knack-a-dish. The juggalo friend of mine who has two degrees from Georgetown took his gynecologist wife on a romantic getaway weekend to a bed and breakfast there. Lolwut. Apparently they got bored with the town instantaneously but there was one redeeming factor, a local soda fountain that "...had DDP on tap, which you NEVER see."

The football stadium seems like it could be a cool place to see a game. I like the visitor's side, it's super high angle-y. The color scheme on the press box side seats is super LOL, and the house that Croce built is just turrible.

Yeah Prather is totally the 1960's gone wrong. Football stadium is middle to upper tier in the Southland, but their team hasn't done crap since the early 00's for some reason.

lol at #97 btw

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 22, 2013, 09:30:13 PM »
THanks for that 42.  I really liked it.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 22, 2013, 09:37:36 PM »
SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA WILDLIONCATS

So SLU is in Hammond, which is on the other side of Lake Ponchartrain from N'awlins. The area around campus is basically one big strip mall, and the town's one redeeming quality is basically that it's on I-12 and I-55. You go here if you're from New Orleans and you couldn't get into Tulane, U. of New Orleans, or *gulp* LSU. That's basically about it. For some reason Texas State had this really nasty rivalry with them in just about every sport and their 10 fans were rough ridin' *merciless* on all of us, including the broadcast team. Until Central Arkansas, they were the new money in Southland Conference football and had only joined back in 2005.

Their football stadium looks exactly like you'd think a 1-aa commuter school near New Orleans would look. It's pretty tiny too: it only seats like 10,000 people.

I have no idea what the diamond is all about.

Literally every person in Louisiana has taken a piss on these stands apparently.

Turf's not bad, away stands are very pud.

Scoreboard was probably ripped off from a local high school.

I guess the one cool thing about Southeastern is that their basketball teams play inside a spaceship, the SS Hexagon of DOOM.

This picture doesn't really do it justice, but the stands shoot up in very steep fashion. It'd be pretty imposing if it wasn't tiny (but big for the Southland...it's like 7,500 and the school's enrollment is 15,000).

Tarp! :D

Not sure what it is about Louisiana and terrible seatback color combinations.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 09:48:58 PM by centraltexascat »

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 22, 2013, 09:43:43 PM »
Let the record show that this is one of the pud teams KU beat on their way to the Orange Bowl. :lol: Yeah, great season, gang.

You are 100% correct about Hammond and about SELU. I've been to both the football and basketball facilities, too. The football field is nice but its midfield logo reminds me of something you'd see on a candy box. Space ship of doom is okay but I have no idea why it's so ambitiously huge. I mean, come on, guys.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 09:47:33 PM by SkinnyBenny »

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 22, 2013, 09:49:41 PM »
Let the record show that this is one of the pud teams KU beat on their way to the Orange Bowl. :lol: Yeah, great season, gang.

You are 100% correct about Hammond and about SELU. I've been to both the football and basketball facilities, too. The football field is nice but its midfield logo reminds me of something you'd see on a candy box. Space ship of doom is okay but I have no idea why it's so ambitiously huge. I mean, come on, guys.

Oh come on, you're better than that... :nono:

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 22, 2013, 09:51:47 PM »

Yeah I wanted to find nice things to say about them but it was just kind of depressing. At McNeese you can watch good football, at Northwestern State they kind of have a good music program and it seems like there's some okay outdoorsy stuff there, and at Nicholls you can probably go get drunk out on the bayou or something and get eaten by alligators. I don't know what the eff you do at SLU besides go back to Mom and Dad's in NOLA on the weekends.

And yeah, I have no idea why their basketball arena is approximately half the size of their enrollment. SLU fans are notoriously apathetic and don't show up even when they're winning.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 09:55:19 PM by centraltexascat »

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 22, 2013, 10:22:16 PM »

Yeah I wanted to find nice things to say about them but it was just kind of depressing. At McNeese you can watch good football, at Northwestern State they kind of have a good music program and it seems like there's some okay outdoorsy stuff there, and at Nicholls you can probably go get drunk out on the bayou or something and get eaten by alligators. I don't know what the eff you do at SLU besides go back to Mom and Dad's in NOLA on the weekends.

And yeah, I have no idea why their basketball arena is approximately half the size of their enrollment. SLU fans are notoriously apathetic and don't show up even when they're winning.

"Go Lions, I guess?" --everyone, on SELU

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 22, 2013, 10:30:17 PM »
Oh, btw I'd be remiss in not showing you the tiny, tiny (~8,000) football field of the Central Arkansas Bearquatz :sdeek:

TURF! :sdeek: :sdeek: :sdeek: :sdeek: :sdeek:

Home side n'stuff

Got a weird stair setup between the two terraces.

Campus setting is actually nice enough. Lots of brick buildings, very SEC-ish. That said, everyone goes to Little Rock to party.

Their jumbotron is actually half decent for a school its size. And yes, the Bobcats who got their asses kicked were the Texas State Bobcats :horrorsurprise:

We made SportsCenter for the first time due to defensive ineptitude. Cats!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 10:34:44 PM by centraltexascat »

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: July 22, 2013, 10:47:26 PM »
I imagine those tarps get a lot of use at the Spaceship Hexagon of Doom.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 22, 2013, 10:55:24 PM »
RE the weird UCA stair setup:

Why would you want them to flare outward from top to bottom when you could instead bring them together and create a whole bunch of congestion instead?

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #212 on: July 22, 2013, 11:22:59 PM »
South Dakota State

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 22, 2013, 11:44:38 PM »
Hmm. The visitor stands and end zone stands are very unusually configured. And further back than the home stands. Very weird. Thx havs.

*edit* And look how tall and skinny that band section is! It goes all the way up! :D
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 12:03:40 AM by SkinnyBenny »

Offline Vitojr130

• Dances With Wolves Aggie
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 23, 2013, 12:10:03 AM »
South Dakota State

Easily one of the worst stadiums I've been to. The visitors side benches are made of rotting wood. Good thing the plan on getting a new stadium in the next few years. Check out their fieldhouse. It's called "The Dyke House" and sits in their endzone.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 23, 2013, 12:15:40 AM »

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 23, 2013, 12:19:04 AM »
this is a place for best friends doing best friend stuff

Offline Norma Stitz

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • www.championshipsubdivision.com
« Reply #217 on: July 23, 2013, 08:54:31 AM »

Guys, We have to admit this is very Elite-y.

We all know LHCBS will have someone off-ed if they even see a practice on accident. The NDSU coach must be a real stud (could be a gimmick tho).
We can't even watch a practice that happens outside. Their stud coach must let everyone watch practice.
We don't even have team benches in our practice facility. It looks like they have more seats in their practice facility than they probably have in their stadium (NOT CONFIRMED, but lots of seats in that practice facility).

Is this a thing that the poors do in order to make more money? Is it free to get in? Do they sell beer?
That's not a practice facility,it's their domed stadium,with a game going on  :facepalm: Don't know about the beer

The visible ceiling/roof looks pretty flat. Terrible Dome design, spheres are not flat. Not convinced it is a real stadium. Who doesn't have at least a jumbotron (or even a tinytron)? 1980's light boards are for 1980's minor league baseball.

There are 4 big screens (not HD though).  One in each corner.  They're not real big but an appropriate size for this building.

The old turf in the first picture (brutally hard) was replaced with field turf last summer.

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 23, 2013, 09:00:56 AM »
Nice upgrade there, bisonbuds.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 23, 2013, 09:34:59 AM »
Yeah, for sure. Looks good. :thumbs: I would love to catch a game in the Fargodome sometime, and not just because SB older bro wrestled there once. :thumbs:

I did some late-night internet stadium hunting last night and noticed that there's another I-AA team that plays in a dome that hasn't been mentioned yet. I've never been there but I'll post the pictures anyway.

South Dakota Catyotes

The DakotaDome is home to Jackrabbit fooboo and huupz, like most of these I-AA domes. Also like most of these domes, it is a little weird. But interesting. Go 'Yotes! (They actually say this.)

Hmm.

Youtube vid on the history of the DakotaDome. I feel kinda bad 'cause it's the 30th anniversary commemorative video and the USD athletic department probably put some work into it and only 915 people have viewed it. :(  Kinda boring to outsiders but whatevs.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYV1xz3V-98

Offline Vitojr130

• Dances With Wolves Aggie
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 23, 2013, 10:33:48 AM »
Nice upgrade there, bisonbuds.

Considering how much NDSU spent on the roller system (the entire field is rolled up in a matter of minutes at the touch of a button) and on the actual turf itself, it better be a nice upgrade... But yes, it is a much better playing surface than it's former astroturf counterpart.

Offline timhawk

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 23, 2013, 10:40:52 AM »
honestly I'm a fan of grass fields, I know the upkeep is harder but to me it looks nicer...and who doesn't like a good ole muddy football game in the rain?
everyone is jealous

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #222 on: July 23, 2013, 10:47:41 AM »
UNI Panthers (already Cats)

UNIdome

McLeod Center... or as the ravid Cats fans call it... The "McLoud" Center

:barf:

« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 10:50:51 AM by Haverhill »

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 23, 2013, 10:56:44 AM »

this is a skinny benny thread havs. get your crap together

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #224 on: July 23, 2013, 11:04:53 AM »

this is a skinny benny thread havs. get your crap together

I'm around too many Jackrabbit and Bison alums up here. Cut me some slack.