Author Topic: ITT We Laugh At Other Pud Teams' Pud Stadiums/Arenas  (Read 438392 times)

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Re: ITT We Laugh At Other Pud Teams' Pud Stadiums/Arenas
« Reply #175 on: July 22, 2013, 12:15:24 AM »
Kinda OT but WVU has to have the most pud baseball stadium of any BCS conference program. Their stadium doesn't even meet Big 12 standards so they had to play most of their games in Charleston.

Not OT at all, real life friend PowercatPat. :D
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 22, 2013, 12:19:23 AM »
i absolutely adore this thread.  very interesting and your analysis is a joy to read.

i'll try to get illinois state pictures in a few weeks.

I suppose I could probably be troubled to go do the same for/with UNT and SMU in the next couple of weeks before it gets too difficult as well...  Might even make a day of it and see what I can come up with at TCU.

:fatty:
bears are fast...

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 22, 2013, 12:22:10 AM »
Definitely do UNT's.  Their endzone bleachers are completely bonkers.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 22, 2013, 12:30:26 AM »
i absolutely adore this thread.  very interesting and your analysis is a joy to read.

i'll try to get illinois state pictures in a few weeks.

I suppose I could probably be troubled to go do the same for/with UNT and SMU in the next couple of weeks before it gets too difficult as well...  Might even make a day of it and see what I can come up with at TCU.

:fatty:

Yeah UNT would be supes cool. Would love to see a bunch of pictures of their weird new stadium. Also sneak into their huupz arena if you get the chance. TCU's, too. I didn't get a chance to go into it when I went to the football game last year.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 22, 2013, 12:32:43 AM »
Lol @ these pud schools
Are they schools or stools? :lol:

Dunno but two of the three bowl victories in our amazing KSU gridiron bowl history have come against CSU and Wyo so they must be pretty elite.

Also, a dude that Mrs PC96 knew in high school went to AFA and got caught cheating on purpose to get thrown out of the Air Force.

:lynchmob:

:confused:
Wyoming, Colorado State, Syracuse, Tennessee, Arizona State

Offline Cannoncat

• Fan
  • What say we settle this on the runway... Han-Solo?
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: July 22, 2013, 12:41:50 AM »
And here we are in the beautiful Flint Hills just laughing at these losers
"Round house kick to the butt hole!"-Kstate vs Aggie 53-50, 2011.

"Charlie Weis is the same mistake he ever was"-Gregg Doyel CBS

"Good people deserve good things."-Fatty4ksu

"The heart break kid!"-Winters

Offline BobBarker

• Don't forget to spay and neuter your pets!
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 22, 2013, 06:24:11 AM »

Guys, We have to admit this is very Elite-y.

We all know LHCBS will have someone off-ed if they even see a practice on accident. The NDSU coach must be a real stud (could be a gimmick tho).
We can't even watch a practice that happens outside. Their stud coach must let everyone watch practice.
We don't even have team benches in our practice facility. It looks like they have more seats in their practice facility than they probably have in their stadium (NOT CONFIRMED, but lots of seats in that practice facility).

Is this a thing that the poors do in order to make more money? Is it free to get in? Do they sell beer?
That's not a practice facility,it's their domed stadium,with a game going on  :facepalm: Don't know about the beer

The visible ceiling/roof looks pretty flat. Terrible Dome design, spheres are not flat. Not convinced it is a real stadium. Who doesn't have at least a jumbotron (or even a tinytron)? 1980's light boards are for 1980's minor league baseball.

Offline Vitojr130

• Dances With Wolves Aggie
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 22, 2013, 10:17:07 AM »
The visible ceiling/roof looks pretty flat. Terrible Dome design, spheres are not flat. Not convinced it is a real stadium. Who doesn't have at least a jumbotron (or even a tinytron)? 1980's light boards are for 1980's minor league baseball.

It is a stadium, but is not a dome. Also, it has a jumbotron... Actually, it has 4. Sure, they may not be quite as ambitious as the one in the Cowboys stadium, but they are jumbotrons nonetheless.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
ITT We Laugh At Other Pud Teams' Pud Stadiums/Arenas
« Reply #183 on: July 22, 2013, 10:33:04 AM »
A member of this board spent a year at Grambling State. I wonder if he got any pictures of their facilities?

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 22, 2013, 12:17:10 PM »
:don'tcare:

I'm gonna present this one without comment and yous guys can tell me all the crazy crap you see going on in this picture.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 22, 2013, 12:23:07 PM »
Confidential to centraltexascat:

1. Where are the SE Louisiana and Northwestern State pics? :don'tcare:
2. That giant rough ridin' wall behind the basket at Texas State. Woof. It's offensive. I mean WTF.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 22, 2013, 12:27:42 PM »
Confidential to centraltexascat:

1. Where are the SE Louisiana and Northwestern State pics? :don'tcare:
2. That giant rough ridin' wall behind the basket at Texas State. Woof. It's offensive. I mean WTF.

1. Got sidetracked yesterday, will post tonight. Will have to use google photos but I know at least for NSU there are some good ones out there.

2. Literally everyone here complains about it. Thing is it can actually trap noise back onto the court extremely well if there's like 3000+ fans that actually show up, give a crap, etc. But it's far too much of an eyesore to really justify ever having it in the first place. I'll have to try and get the story on why they had that in the original building plans, but my guess is they didn't want the Coliseum jutting out too much towards the road behind it that's one of the main arteries through campus. Also the place holds like 7,200 and has only been full once when Michael Jordan played in a celebrity exhibition game here back in like 1998 so it's not like there's any demand to put more seats where the wall is.

One of the dreams around here amongst the few hundred basketquatz fans still paying attention is to hollow out the wall and put suites in there with glass windows. That would actually kinda be cool imo.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 12:31:22 PM by centraltexascat »

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 22, 2013, 12:39:57 PM »
Those practice baskets always remind me of:

Offline davegladow

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Eyeblack Odyssey
« Reply #188 on: July 22, 2013, 02:09:17 PM »
UTSA has to have the biggest size difference between their FB and BB facilities in all of colleges sports.

Oooh. That could be a fantastic trivia question actually. You might be right. But it's not exactly like they built the Alamo Dome specifically for their school.
 Any other contenders for this weird prize?

Tulane (for now). Fogleman very janky vs. the freakin' Superdome.

Got a bunch of photos lying about from Eyeblack Odyssey/other ... may post if I find the time.

Admire your thread/dedication SB.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 22, 2013, 03:04:49 PM »
UTSA has to have the biggest size difference between their FB and BB facilities in all of colleges sports.

Oooh. That could be a fantastic trivia question actually. You might be right. But it's not exactly like they built the Alamo Dome specifically for their school.
 Any other contenders for this weird prize?

Tulane (for now). Fogleman very janky vs. the freakin' Superdome.

Got a bunch of photos lying about from Eyeblack Odyssey/other ... may post if I find the time.

Admire your thread/dedication SB.

Harahan Chipotle 'pak? :excited:

Offline Frankenklein

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 22, 2013, 04:30:50 PM »

It is a stadium, but is not a dome. Also, it has a jumbotron... Actually, it has 4. Sure, they may not be quite as ambitious as the one in the Cowboys stadium, but they are jumbotrons nonetheless.
It says FARGODOME on the field

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 22, 2013, 05:01:37 PM »
Jumbo are the wine glasses Pinkel drinks from.  Those are cordial-glass-o-trons.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 22, 2013, 05:03:13 PM »
over in columbo stinkel's drinkin' jumbos. back up in this duplex, nyle wiren suplex, i'm hangin' out with norwood under bunk beds

Offline Vitojr130

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 22, 2013, 06:24:21 PM »

It says FARGODOME on the field
What's your point? Fargodome sounds much better than Fargoshed. It's still one of the better facilities for FCS football. It cracked some top 50 list of all D1 football stadiums a few years back.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 22, 2013, 06:27:10 PM »
Don't care. You guys take that crap to the NDSU Overlook thread. This is a thread for friends, not arguing. gtfo.  :don'tcare: :don'tcare: :don'tcare: :don'tcare: :don'tcare: :don'tcare: :don'tcare: :don'tcare: :don'tcare: :don'tcare: :don'tcare: :don'tcare:

Offline Vitojr130

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: July 22, 2013, 06:35:18 PM »
Don't care. You guys take that crap to the NDSU Overlook thread. This is a thread for friends, not arguing. gtfo.  :don'tcare: :don'tcare: :don'tcare: :don'tcare: :don'tcare: :don'tcare: :don'tcare: :don'tcare: :don'tcare: :don'tcare: :don'tcare: :don'tcare:

:blah: :lol: :jerk:

Offline CyberToothCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 22, 2013, 07:04:11 PM »
Lol @ these pud schools
Are they schools or stools? :lol:

Dunno but two of the three bowl victories in our amazing KSU gridiron bowl history have come against CSU and Wyo so they must be pretty elite.

Also, a dude that Mrs PC96 knew in high school went to AFA and got caught cheating on purpose to get thrown out of the Air Force.

:lynchmob:

:confused:
Wyoming, Colorado State, Syracuse, Tennessee, Arizona State

You need to add Washington to this list (99 Holiday).

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 22, 2013, 08:33:14 PM »
Oh gawd, you're right.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 22, 2013, 08:49:44 PM »
So, Northwestern State. "Fork 'em, Demons" is the phrase of choice around there :love:. Located in Natchitoches--pronounced knack-a-tish...idk cajuns--out in the middle of goddamn nowhere, northwest louisiana, it's actually kind of a bucolic/quaint atmosphere unlike McNeese (the football stadium is the only nice building on campus) and Nicholls (which is basically falling into the ocean). That said, the place you go to have a good time is apparently Shreveport, so god help them.

Natchitoches is also the home of lopsided and oddly-shaped athletic buildings.

They had that cheap astroturf back in the 80's or 90's whenever this was taken.

Definitely can't explain the chairback color scheme on the home side.

Home side is nice enough for FCS, press box is a little small but at least they have suites.

Away side and jumbotron are pretty lol.

They did get new turf recently, which is basically the only structure on campus that isn't slowly falling apart. Well, I take that back.

Fork 'em, Tigerdemons.

Speaking of ghetto buildings falling apart, here's Prather Coliseum, aka the last place Jim Croce played and a multipurpose facility that looks like half a blimp and isn't exclusively used for basketball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6keaD40-z5U

Concourses are very NWSTATE0. The concessions will give you a nice garnish of asbestos on your chili dogs if you ask for it.

Hanging flaming signs from the ceiling is the best.

Here's what it looks like inside :sdeek:

They often have to erect some combination of temporary stands or a curtain for basketball games since the court itself only takes up like 3/4 of the floor.

The scoreboard is absolutely adorbs.

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 22, 2013, 08:58:21 PM »
Pretty sure they filmed Waterboy there.