Author Topic: U-verse  (Read 34447 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: U-verse
« Reply #275 on: August 06, 2014, 07:10:55 PM »
Just got an e-mail from TWC.  They're quintupling my internet speeds at no extra charge.  Going from 20/2 to 100/10.  Thanks Google Fiber and Gigapower  :gocho:.

Hmmm, KC area? I get 50/5 from them currently.

Austin.  Tons of competition here with broadband companies building out fiber networks.  ATT, Google, Grande and TWC are in an arms race, so to speak.  I assume this is aimed at customer retention.

Wait, a ku fan that doesn't live in kc? How do you quench your daily need for validation from like minded individuals?  :runaway:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 25, 2014, 07:31:09 PM »
Just got an e-mail from TWC.  They're quintupling my internet speeds at no extra charge.  Going from 20/2 to 100/10.  Thanks Google Fiber and Gigapower  :gocho:.

Hmmm, KC area? I get 50/5 from them currently.

Austin.  Tons of competition here with broadband companies building out fiber networks.  ATT, Google, Grande and TWC are in an arms race, so to speak.  I assume this is aimed at customer retention.

Wait, a ku fan that doesn't live in kc? How do you quench your daily need for validation from like minded individuals?  :runaway:

With speeds like these for a relatively inexpensive internet package  :gocho: #validated

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 25, 2014, 07:41:22 PM »
so you just surf "the phog" very quickly.  beta forums or classic view?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 25, 2014, 07:53:38 PM »
so you just surf "the phog" very quickly.  beta forums or classic view?

I don't spend much time on Le Fou Phog, but when I do I'm usually in/out in 2 minutes.  Dropped in briefly tonight to insult a poster.  I looked at the bata5 forums the other day and I think it caused inflammation in my brain.  2 bright 4 me.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 09, 2014, 10:47:27 AM »
Good day everyone. I have a question - I am a Uverse customer and use the crap out of my wireless receivers. This Saturday I'm having people over at my mansion to watch sports. Right now I can get 2 receivers in my basement but want a 3rd for the day. Can I use someone else's wireless box? Are they synced with the account by S/N or MAC address or some crap?
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline powercat_62

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 09, 2014, 10:55:59 AM »
Good day everyone. I have a question - I am a Uverse customer and use the crap out of my wireless receivers. This Saturday I'm having people over at my mansion to watch sports. Right now I can get 2 receivers in my basement but want a 3rd for the day. Can I use someone else's wireless box? Are they synced with the account by S/N or MAC address or some crap?

I tried using my wireless box at a friend's house a couple weekends ago and could not get it to work.  Even tired connecting it to the network with Cat5 without success. 

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 09, 2014, 10:59:30 AM »
Hmm. wonder if I would need to bring his router over. crap, might not be worth it.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 09, 2014, 11:04:30 AM »
Hmm. wonder if I would need to bring his router over. crap, might not be worth it.
maybe use an xbox or a roku for WatchESPN on one of the secondary TVs instead of a 3rd box?

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 09, 2014, 11:29:01 AM »
UVerse retention services took care of me about a month ago.  I called to tell them my bill was too high and was debating lowering my service until G Fiber was in the neighborhood.  They locked me in with $117/mo payment for the next 12 months for U450, HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, 3 HD/DVR boxes, and the 2nd highest internet speed.  That package at normal cost would be over $250/mo.  Not bad right?
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 09, 2014, 11:44:31 AM »
It is not worth your time. Either use a streaming service or a digital antenna for the network games available OTA

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: October 09, 2014, 11:53:25 AM »
maybe use an xbox or a roku for WatchESPN on one of the secondary TVs instead of a 3rd box?

wtf, boom, applejack roasted

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 09, 2014, 12:02:33 PM »

wtf, boom, applejack roasted

hey i have a PS4  :horrorsurprise:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 09, 2014, 12:07:04 PM »
this happy moment brought to you by the tech wizards at goEMAW

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 09, 2014, 12:27:41 PM »
UVerse retention services took care of me about a month ago.  I called to tell them my bill was too high and was debating lowering my service until G Fiber was in the neighborhood.  They locked me in with $117/mo payment for the next 12 months for U450, HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, 3 HD/DVR boxes, and the 2nd highest internet speed.  That package at normal cost would be over $250/mo.  Not bad right?

@Gooch needs to do this when he calls to bitch about how our DVR is not working.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 09, 2014, 01:06:24 PM »

@Gooch needs to do this when he calls to bitch about how our DVR is not working.

The retention service guy was awesome.  He agreed that there was no reason I should have to pay that much, and said after the 12/mo contract is about to end to call him/retention services back.  He said I should never have to pay over $120/mo for cable and internet no matter the amount of channels or internet speed.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 09, 2014, 01:10:42 PM »

@Gooch I need to do this when he I call to bitch about how our DVR is not working.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 09, 2014, 01:47:10 PM »

The retention service guy was awesome.  He agreed that there was no reason I should have to pay that much, and said after the 12/mo contract is about to end to call him/retention services back.  He said I should never have to pay over $120/mo for cable and internet no matter the amount of channels or internet speed.

So you just said "Hey I'm thinking about reducing my service, what can you do for me?" ?

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 09, 2014, 01:49:31 PM »

post or pm his name and number

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 09, 2014, 02:01:12 PM »

So you just said "Hey I'm thinking about reducing my service, what can you do for me?" ?
I just say that I dont feel like the value of what im getting matches the amount im paying. Then I mention <insert competitor> quoted me basically identical services for <insert a little less than how much you want to pay>.  The trick about threatening to cancel, though, is you have to mean it.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 09, 2014, 02:36:15 PM »

I just say that I dont feel like the value of what im getting matches the amount im paying. Then I mention <insert competitor> quoted me basically identical services for <insert a little less than how much you want to pay>.  The trick about threatening to cancel, though, is you have to mean it.

Yea pretty much this.  I said I was paying way too much for cable/internet.  Either they need to give me new discount offers or I was going to limit my cable/internet package and move to Google Fiber when it gets in my neighborhood (explained how it was better value, etc.).  They looked at my bill, agreed I shouldn't be paying what I was paying and gave me a custom contract.  I actually had U300 and they gave me U450 plus all premium channels and higher internet speed for under $120/mo (3 HD/DVR box house).  This will be my payment for the next 12 months and they said to call back and do it again.  Retention services are out of AT&T HQ (Dallas).  Usually the calls you make hit an office in Atlanta or oversees and it's a subcontracted call service.  It was much easier than I thought it was going to be.  I'm very happy with UVerse and hope I can get UVerse Fiber in the future.       

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 09, 2014, 08:28:59 PM »
Uverse is the easiest company to get a discount with, I've called them about something completely non related to the price and the customer service rep asked me if I was trying to lower my bill, I said sure, I now have one of my wireless receivers free until 2049, not even g'E ing. you can almost name your own price.
I'm purple down

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 09, 2014, 08:31:05 PM »
The only thing I like about uverse is that they provide competition. They otherwise suck.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 09, 2014, 08:36:54 PM »
uverse is in salina now but cox is still a better deal.  woof

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 09, 2014, 08:41:36 PM »
Uverse is the easiest company to get a discount with, I've called them about something completely non related to the price and the customer service rep asked me if I was trying to lower my bill, I said sure, I now have one of my wireless receivers free until 2049, not even g'E ing. you can almost name your own price.
I misspoke, my free wireless receiver discount is good until 2096!!
I'm purple down

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 09, 2014, 08:43:07 PM »
The only thing I like about uverse is that they provide competition. They otherwise suck.
They're the same as Cox, but they aren't afraid to whore themselves out to keep your business, basically
I'm purple down