Author Topic: Kansas City things  (Read 998608 times)

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
Re: Kansas City things
« Reply #13450 on: May 07, 2023, 05:48:46 AM »
Welcome.neighbor! Based on your description and what has been available think I could guess where you are. DM me and we can meet up at Harry's sometime.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13451 on: May 08, 2023, 01:59:07 PM »
Welcome.neighbor! Based on your description and what has been available think I could guess where you are. DM me and we can meet up at Harry's sometime.

Absolutely, I bet you probably can. I will say I am still out of country and while i will be in and out a lot of the rest of the year if you see a DM head your way I will be in town.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13452 on: May 11, 2023, 07:15:06 PM »
who cares, we're getting real recycle bins you guys

Hallelujah
It's so effing big lmao

Online 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13453 on: May 11, 2023, 07:36:59 PM »
i'm not in KCMO anymore but rolling recycle bins would have been pretty inconvenient as i didn't have a driveway or garage and there were two small flights of stairs to my front door. do they allow people to opt out and keep using the smaller bins?

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #13454 on: May 11, 2023, 07:52:18 PM »
Pretty sure yes
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #13455 on: May 12, 2023, 08:24:45 AM »
i'm not in KCMO anymore but rolling recycle bins would have been pretty inconvenient as i didn't have a driveway or garage and there were two small flights of stairs to my front door. do they allow people to opt out and keep using the smaller bins?

probably but your trash person will hate the crap out of you for making him get out of the truck.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13456 on: May 12, 2023, 08:30:11 AM »

probably but your trash person will hate the crap out of you for making him get out of the truck.

are you saying the new bins are emptied with like a mechanical claw or something operated from the truck?

Online Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #13457 on: May 12, 2023, 08:46:41 AM »

are you saying the new bins are emptied with like a mechanical claw or something operated from the truck?

Sorry, don't live in MO. That is how its done in my hood. Driver pulls up, drives his claw thingy to my bins and then sets them back down in the middle of my driveway so its hard for me to pull back in if i'm not home. If you don't use the approved trash cans, he has to get out and pick it up and throw in the truck. He then throws that can in the middle of my driveway.

Online 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13458 on: May 12, 2023, 08:47:57 AM »
yep i imagine they will be loaded via truck claw now. and i realllly doubt the workers will stop and get out of the truck if needed, unless it's a stated expectation that both bins are accepted.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13459 on: May 12, 2023, 08:54:13 AM »
That seems so slow compared to the current setup. Probably works well in the suburbs where the houses are farther apart I guess

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13460 on: May 12, 2023, 08:55:43 AM »

Which 'burb you in now?

Online 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13461 on: May 12, 2023, 08:59:53 AM »
OP! farther south than 25 year old 'blast would ever believe.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13462 on: May 12, 2023, 09:16:58 AM »
OP! farther south than 25 year old 'blast would ever believe.

Good for you. We live in Mission which is old burbs and closer to the city, but still burbs. We've liked it but always miss KCMO. Either in the city or the burbs or wherever you make sacrifices and miss out on things.

Online GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #13463 on: May 12, 2023, 09:44:57 AM »
I am moving to Independence which is much safer than where I live now just east of the stadium. Still only 10 minutes east of work and have everything I need to live in like 3 minutes from me. Still only 15 minutes from downtown and I always park and take the streetcar always. I am looking forward to the expansion of the streetcar.
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13464 on: May 12, 2023, 09:51:31 AM »
 :sdeek:  please start an Independence things thread. it's a whole world i know virtually nothing about

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13465 on: May 12, 2023, 09:54:31 AM »
Independence is what Topeka wishes it could be
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13466 on: May 12, 2023, 10:01:02 AM »
I am moving to Independence which is much safer than where I live now just east of the stadium. Still only 10 minutes east of work and have everything I need to live in like 3 minutes from me. Still only 15 minutes from downtown and I always park and take the streetcar always. I am looking forward to the expansion of the streetcar.

where do you live now???

Online GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #13467 on: May 12, 2023, 10:05:11 AM »

where do you live now???
I live in an apartment complex off of 43rd St and Sterling along the Highway 40 corridor. The Walmart has been car bombed since I moved in last June and the apartment complex I live in now has a lake that they found some bodies in the lake like 3 months before I moved in last year before my internship.
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13468 on: May 12, 2023, 10:07:12 AM »

where do you live now???
I live in an apartment complex off of 43rd St and Sterling along the Highway 40 corridor. The Walmart has been car bombed since I moved in last June and the apartment complex I live in now has a lake that they found some bodies in the lake like 3 months before I moved in last year before my internship.

huh I assumed everything east of the stadium was Independence

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13469 on: May 12, 2023, 10:19:56 AM »
greg you is in danger get out of there

Online GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #13470 on: May 12, 2023, 10:22:43 AM »

where do you live now???

nah I have a KCMO address. Its rough. The boundaries are weird AF

Online GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #13471 on: May 12, 2023, 10:24:33 AM »
I have a video on my phone where a guy in the street (Across the lake) was firing an automatic weapon into the air on NYE last year then the shots started coming my way so I went back into my apartment off of my balcony. Someone said they called the cops, the cops never came.  :Ugh:

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #13472 on: May 12, 2023, 10:45:36 AM »
jesus greg get out of there while you still can
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13473 on: May 12, 2023, 10:55:46 AM »

where do you live now???

look at fancy pants over here guys

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13474 on: May 12, 2023, 11:00:05 AM »

where do you live now???

look at fancy pants over here guys
I have had an Independence, MO address in my lifetime