Author Topic: Kansas City things  (Read 1006838 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: Kansas City things
« Reply #7075 on: May 12, 2017, 01:27:35 PM »
Let's be honest about it, whether it's bonded or financed privately, taxpayers aren't contributing any funds to this and it won't be guaranteed by the general fund.  It will be paid by user fees on airline tix (~$4.20 per roundtrip ticket) and by the airlines. 

The real and only issue is some people just like the airport the way it is.  has nothing to do with $$$ or B&M.  All of that stuff is just smoke.

and let's be honest here, troy "belvis" schulte, most taxpayers are also users of the airport.  so yes, taxpayers are contributing funds to this.  and who's left holding the bag when Burns & Mac leaves the project unfinished and underfunded?  kcmo.

If it's privately financed, no, B&M would be left holding the bag.  Do you know how money works? 

SURE DON'T, TROY!  do you know how privately financed construction projects work?  a contractor has never walked out on a job during your watch, i'm sure.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7076 on: May 12, 2017, 01:28:55 PM »

SURE DON'T, TROY!  do you know how privately financed construction projects work?  a contractor has never walked out on a job during your watch, i'm sure.

Not a contractor that is privately financing their own project!  What do they call that?  ROI?  Return on investment?  You have to actually build the f'n airport to recoup your investment?  JFC - this is what Sly is up against.   :facepalm:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7077 on: May 12, 2017, 01:29:46 PM »
and who's left holding the bag when Burns & Mac leaves the project unfinished and underfunded?  kcmo.

omg  :lol:

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7078 on: May 12, 2017, 01:31:07 PM »
and who's left holding the bag when Burns & Mac leaves the project unfinished and underfunded?  kcmo.

I lol'd pretty hard too
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7079 on: May 12, 2017, 01:32:20 PM »

Not a contractor that is privately financing their own project!  What do they call that?  ROI?  Return on investment?  You have to actually build the f'n airport to recoup your investment?  JFC - this is what Sly is up against.   :facepalm:

Pretty much.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7080 on: May 12, 2017, 01:35:29 PM »

"sorry kc, we ran out of money, need you to issue some bonds" - cfslyandyman and his cronies at burns and mac

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7081 on: May 12, 2017, 01:37:08 PM »
the truth hurts slys, sorry that someone had to bring you a reality check.  hang in there tho you slying bastards, life goes on and you can always visit nice airports in other cities

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7082 on: May 12, 2017, 01:38:49 PM »
the truth hurts slys, sorry that someone had to bring you a reality check.  hang in there tho you slying bastards, life goes on and you can always visit nice airports in other cities

After connecting through Dallas

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7083 on: May 12, 2017, 01:38:51 PM »
You need to workshop the lying sly. It just doesn't flow off the tongue ya know.

slying james 
Better. :thumbs:

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7084 on: May 12, 2017, 01:40:08 PM »
I mean, if we walk out on this, sure would be great for our business model right pissdax?

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7085 on: May 12, 2017, 01:40:59 PM »
Can we all appreciate how great it was for the city to bring this out on a Friday for our message board dick off time in the office? Thanks slying!

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7086 on: May 12, 2017, 01:43:31 PM »

"sorry kc, we ran out of money, need you to issue some bonds" - cfslyandyman and his cronies at burns and mac

Ahh, the old 'privately-financed-venture-failure-demand-some-bonds' trick. is that a thing?  can you just ask for "some bonds"  ?

Offline camKSU

• SLTH
  • Combo-Fan
  • That's just like, your opinion, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7087 on: May 12, 2017, 01:43:51 PM »

Pretty much.

Whoa whoa whoa there boys... don't think for second you can spike the ball on that one. The real issue, as I have now mentioned numerous times and linked a whole article about is the lack of competition in the procurement of this deal. No other finacing, design/arch/engineering, or construction proposals. It's simply a self-financed design-build project that BM has sold the city on. Again the clear issue is lack of competition, qualification based selection, or clear and open bid process. Unfortunately design-build deliveries have a tendency to lead to corruption and COLUSION but that is more of a personal observation/opinion.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 01:47:43 PM by camKSU »
untuck manhattan

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7088 on: May 12, 2017, 01:47:02 PM »
Can we all appreciate how great it was for the city to bring this out on a Friday for our message board dick off time in the office? Thanks slying!

every con man announces bad news on friday's slow news cycle and slying james is no different

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7089 on: May 12, 2017, 01:48:20 PM »

Pretty much.

Whoa whoa whoa there boys... don't think for second you can spike the ball on that one. The real issue, as I have now mentioned numerous times and linked a whole article about is the lack of competition in the procurement of this deal. No other finacing, design/arch/engineering, or construction proposals. It's simply a self-financed design-build project that BM has sold the city on. Again the clear issue is lack of competition, qualification based selection, or clear and open bid process. Unfortunately design-build deliveries have a tendency to lead to corruption and COLUSION but that is more of a personal observation/opinion.

corruption in kansas city, missouri politics?  tom pendergast is rolling over in his grave

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7090 on: May 12, 2017, 01:48:57 PM »

I lol'd pretty hard too

i mean, if you were paranoid about city projects getting done like Dan Clamsey, you could theoretically ask this question for literally every single city construction project, while you nod back and forth in the shower muttering "slying james" over and over until you pass out after remembering ol sly probably contaminated your water supply

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7091 on: May 12, 2017, 01:53:27 PM »
Before we throw this all out over the engineering firm not bidding out engineering services on their own engineering project financed by them the engineering firm alone....maybe let's hear the details on how the city will be assured they are getting what they need?

You the flying public will pay 2 more bucks on your ticket....50 cents more for satellite parking, 1 more on premium parking, and 50 cents more on your snacks....

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7092 on: May 12, 2017, 01:54:27 PM »

I lol'd pretty hard too

i mean, if you were paranoid about city projects getting done like Dan Clamsey, you could theoretically ask this question for literally every single city construction project, while you nod back and forth in the shower muttering "slying james" over and over until you pass out after remembering ol sly probably contaminated your water supply

sly : pissclams :: hillary : dax is how I look at it

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7093 on: May 12, 2017, 02:00:47 PM »
Before we throw this all out over the engineering firm not bidding out engineering services on their own engineering project financed by them the engineering firm alone....maybe let's hear the details on how the city will be assured they are getting what they need?

You the flying public will pay 2 more bucks on your ticket....50 cents more for satellite parking, 1 more on premium parking, and 50 cents more on your snacks....

shouldn't you have thought about that before putting out your press release, slying?
my quotes are your words.    backtracking already, so sad

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7094 on: May 12, 2017, 02:00:57 PM »
Cam clearly isn't getting this

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7095 on: May 12, 2017, 02:04:28 PM »

Pretty much.

U free market loving son of a bitch

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7096 on: May 12, 2017, 02:05:42 PM »
They could do an rfp and just give it to bm if that makes you feel better

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7097 on: May 12, 2017, 02:09:53 PM »
what does Burns&Mac (if that's even their real name) know about building airports anyway?  or, for that matter, building buildings? 

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7098 on: May 12, 2017, 03:12:08 PM »

shouldn't you have thought about that before putting out your press release, slying?
my quotes are your words.    backtracking already, so sad

I think I prefer the first funding method....but people like you and Dan Coffey who couldn't let it go have created his ....so you made the bed, lie in it.

Offline camKSU

• SLTH
  • Combo-Fan
  • That's just like, your opinion, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7099 on: May 12, 2017, 03:22:46 PM »
They could do an rfp and just give it to bm if that makes you feel better

From reading the latest news... If the city council approves/signs the MOU next Thursday, it's a done deal.

Less than a week between public announcement and pen to paper for exclusive rights :horrorsurprise:

CHOO!!! CHOO!!!

http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/news/2017/05/12/burns-and-mcdonnell-new-kci-terminal-proposal.html
untuck manhattan