Author Topic: Kansas City things  (Read 1005407 times)

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: Kansas City things
« Reply #6900 on: May 10, 2017, 01:40:03 PM »
As always, wackycat08 brings the unique viewpoint
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #6901 on: May 10, 2017, 01:40:39 PM »
Nothing I said was untrue.

The Big Train

« Reply #6902 on: May 10, 2017, 01:41:47 PM »
I've heard that before :lol:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6903 on: May 10, 2017, 01:42:37 PM »
Shouldn't you be in the #1Thread? Also, why do you laugh at every post you make? :confused:

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6904 on: May 10, 2017, 01:44:27 PM »
:facepalm: They made it around just fine before this was created, dummy. This isn't a game changer for them for a 2 mile radius. Also, it's the farmers market, bar, bar, bar, strip club, bar, bar, bar, crown center. I don't believe much of the in between stuff applies to those ppl you're so "concerned about", Phil.

I don't understand the name calling but yes old people love bars and handicap people love strip clubs and families love the farmers market...they are people .

This is a starter line. You may have heard mention of expansion being voted on in this thread....and yes when that gets built...people can walk 5 miles too.

The Big Train

Kansas City things
« Reply #6905 on: May 10, 2017, 01:48:00 PM »
I hadn't even read that yet and I called you a black hole of stupidity so idk why you think I wouldn't just say something like that if I thought it.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6906 on: May 10, 2017, 01:48:15 PM »
What is the distance that you are no longer considered lazy if you don't walk it? For me its 8 miles, 9 on nice days

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6907 on: May 10, 2017, 01:50:06 PM »
He means dedicated bus lane not open to other traffic

you wouldn't be able to drive in the same lane as the streetcar?  :Wha:

I don't think you're understanding. When clams says there "is no full-time bus lane", he's referring to a dedicated lane that only busses can use. It's not a very good point, but I would be fine giving busses/streetcar dedicated lanes on Main where there is space.

I pretty much only drive on main on Saturday/Sunday afternoons, so maybe it gets more congested than I think, but adding a streetcar seems like a pretty damn minor addition to the traffic

do you think it would be easier for Main (3 lanes) or Troost (2 lanes) to handle a streetcar?
troost, how is that not obvious to you?  oh i get it, because you're doing your best to support an indefensible position

indefensible? you're being intellectually dishonest

"2>3" -clams

there's less traffic on troost which which would make it easier for the street to "handle the streetcar" to use your terms

it's insane that anyone would support handicapping the main corridor of our city by using the false pretense of "development" to deploy toy trains who move 100 feet at a time before loading/unloading olathe residents between CVS and UMKC

why would the stops be any more frequent than the current MAX stops? idk where you are getting 100 feet.
you brought up congestion. there are parts of troost (the brand new stretch north of 27th) that it is only ONE lane N/S. my point is Main already has a bus lane each way, 2 "normal" lanes each way, plus <sometimes> a left turn lane. the only difference between right now and if there were a streetcar is people would not be allowed to park on Main. this would (if anything) help congestion, since there would not be any parked cars in the way of traffic, although iirc you can only park on Main nights/weekends, so rush hour would be unaffected. nobody drives in the bus lane during rush hour. canco because i ride the MAX to work currently.

The Big Train

« Reply #6908 on: May 10, 2017, 01:50:14 PM »
:facepalm: They made it around just fine before this was created, dummy. This isn't a game changer for them for a 2 mile radius. Also, it's the farmers market, bar, bar, bar, strip club, bar, bar, bar, crown center. I don't believe much of the in between stuff applies to those ppl you're so "concerned about", Phil.

I don't understand the name calling but yes old people love bars and handicap people love strip clubs and families love the farmers market...they are people .

This is a starter line. You may have heard mention of expansion being voted on in this thread....and yes when that gets built...people can walk 5 miles too.

But they are different than he is

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6909 on: May 10, 2017, 01:51:36 PM »
What is the distance that you are no longer considered lazy if you don't walk it? For me its 8 miles, 9 on nice days

Only 7 miles for ol' wackycat08 to walk to work  :th_twocents:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6910 on: May 10, 2017, 01:51:45 PM »
I hadn't even read that yet and I called you a black hole of stupidity so idk why you think I wouldn't just say something like that if I thought it.
I have no idea what you're trying to articulate here.

Probably 2.3 miles. Either way, a $5 Uber takes you right to your next stop, without having to be in a herd of ppl stopping here and there.

The Big Train

« Reply #6911 on: May 10, 2017, 01:54:31 PM »
I have no idea what you're trying to articulate here.

I'll explain it, since you can't seem to keep up with your own stupidity.

You implied that I wrote that #1Thread post that was posted today, and have implied it numerous times, when in fact I had not.  I hadn't even read that post today until after you accused me of posting it.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6912 on: May 10, 2017, 01:55:44 PM »
TBT, you've been super butthurt of all things WC08 for awhile now. It doesn't matter if you wrote that post or not, it's just a fact.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6913 on: May 10, 2017, 01:56:23 PM »
I'll note the name calling tho. Sad.  :frown:

The Big Train

« Reply #6914 on: May 10, 2017, 02:01:42 PM »
TBT, you've been super butthurt of all things WC08 for awhile now. It doesn't matter if you wrote that post or not, it's just a fact.

You being a narcissist is the only fact here.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6915 on: May 10, 2017, 02:02:09 PM »
 :lol: WTF? Take it to the Pit weirdo.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6916 on: May 10, 2017, 02:02:16 PM »
He means dedicated bus lane not open to other traffic

you wouldn't be able to drive in the same lane as the streetcar?  :Wha:

I don't think you're understanding. When clams says there "is no full-time bus lane", he's referring to a dedicated lane that only busses can use. It's not a very good point, but I would be fine giving busses/streetcar dedicated lanes on Main where there is space.

I pretty much only drive on main on Saturday/Sunday afternoons, so maybe it gets more congested than I think, but adding a streetcar seems like a pretty damn minor addition to the traffic

do you think it would be easier for Main (3 lanes) or Troost (2 lanes) to handle a streetcar?
troost, how is that not obvious to you?  oh i get it, because you're doing your best to support an indefensible position

indefensible? you're being intellectually dishonest

"2>3" -clams

there's less traffic on troost which which would make it easier for the street to "handle the streetcar" to use your terms

it's insane that anyone would support handicapping the main corridor of our city by using the false pretense of "development" to deploy toy trains who move 100 feet at a time before loading/unloading olathe residents between CVS and UMKC

why would the stops be any more frequent than the current MAX stops? idk where you are getting 100 feet.
you brought up congestion. there are parts of troost (the brand new stretch north of 27th) that it is only ONE lane N/S. my point is Main already has a bus lane each way, 2 "normal" lanes each way, plus <sometimes> a left turn lane. the only difference between right now and if there were a streetcar is people would not be allowed to park on Main. this would (if anything) help congestion, since there would not be any parked cars in the way of traffic, although iirc you can only park on Main nights/weekends, so rush hour would be unaffected. nobody drives in the bus lane during rush hour. canco because i ride the MAX to work currently.

sounds like you have it all figured out.  nothing to see here, my concerns have been squelched by g'E's resident traffic engineer
now that we have that one wrapped up, can we discuss what the reasoning is behind spending a quarter billion dollars shuttling peeps between Cash America Pawn and UMKC?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6917 on: May 10, 2017, 02:05:36 PM »
No answer will satisfy you. We get it. Did you apply for your ballot?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6918 on: May 10, 2017, 02:07:07 PM »
 :cool:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6919 on: May 10, 2017, 02:08:27 PM »
one thing i am curious about (Phil?) is where the Plaza stop would be located.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6920 on: May 10, 2017, 02:13:17 PM »

somewhere on the plaza that needs to spark development   :excited:

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6921 on: May 10, 2017, 02:13:41 PM »

That's further down the planning schedule. We didn't know the general stop locations for the current line until a year after the votes.

My guess would be a stop would be by the tennis courts.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6922 on: May 10, 2017, 02:15:06 PM »
anybody got a couple of hours to spare?  i don't feel like driving my car and really need to get from the plaza to river market.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6923 on: May 10, 2017, 02:15:56 PM »

That's further down the planning schedule. We didn't know the general stop locations for the current line until a year after the votes.

imagine those poor souls having to walk from the tennis courts to umkc just to get to class  :cry:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6924 on: May 10, 2017, 02:17:46 PM »

imagine those poor souls having to walk from the tennis courts to umkc just to get to class  :cry:
I just thought about that. What about the elderly ppl having to cross traffic to get to Capital Grille? :frown: