Author Topic: Kansas City things  (Read 1006922 times)

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
Re: Kansas City things
« Reply #6125 on: December 14, 2016, 07:48:48 PM »
House titola would say it was built in 1972 so of course it's going to break down

I'm sure those concrete bunker hulls of the airport will last forever....the guts are what need redone and in a design that fits modern security.

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6126 on: December 14, 2016, 07:50:16 PM »
To steer this off airport topic, thanks KCFD for getting giftcards, it makes my buying for employees much easier....and that cinnamon coffee pirate beer is  :drink:

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6127 on: December 14, 2016, 08:06:34 PM »
however when i finally did get off the plane, i was sitting inside my car within 4 minutes

POINT AWARDED TO HOUSE CLAMS

New termy could be the same way.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6128 on: December 14, 2016, 08:07:19 PM »
To steer this off airport topic, thanks KCFD for getting giftcards, it makes my buying for employees much easier....and that cinnamon coffee pirate beer is  :drink:

Lol for a quick sec I was thinking, the FD has gift cards? For what? Than I was like "oh he's talking about me"

Glad you like it! I suggest a bottle or two of the breakfast stout. Is very tasty.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6129 on: December 14, 2016, 08:29:16 PM »
Kc is my city u guys

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #6130 on: December 14, 2016, 08:57:26 PM »
If KC builds a new terminal they should build it near KC instead of Saskatchewan. There's nothing convenient about a 55 minute drive through scenic wyco flood plains, across Missouri cobblestone highways and over a crumbling bridge off I29 on the iowa border to catch a flight at an airport whose utility was obviated around the time braniff and twa were in a pricewar.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6131 on: December 14, 2016, 09:00:18 PM »
also if they build a new world, they should move the pacific ocean and the rocky mountains near where i decide to build a new house.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6132 on: December 14, 2016, 09:13:02 PM »
It's always nice to be able to couple my meetings at the national dairy farmers of america building before i snag a direct flight to one of the 5 midregional destinations offered out of the 40th parallel continental airport.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6133 on: December 14, 2016, 09:15:45 PM »
remember when TWA wanted to make MCI like, their main hub? i don't either but i read it on wikipedia once.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6134 on: December 14, 2016, 09:19:30 PM »
Twa is mci's main hub

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6135 on: December 14, 2016, 09:22:54 PM »
remember when TWA wanted to make MCI like, their main hub? i don't either but i read it on wikipedia once.

they were headquartered in kc and designed the current airport configuration that most of us love and cherish to this very day

twa factoid:  the condos on 46th, b/w holly and jarboe in the west plaza, used to be where the twa flight attendants all lived

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #6136 on: December 14, 2016, 09:25:59 PM »

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6137 on: December 14, 2016, 09:27:04 PM »
If KC builds a new terminal they should build it near KC instead of Saskatchewan. There's nothing convenient about a 55 minute drive through scenic wyco flood plains, across Missouri cobblestone highways and over a crumbling bridge off I29 on the iowa border to catch a flight at an airport whose utility was obviated around the time braniff and twa were in a pricewar.
probably the only drawback to living amongst the McMansions in The Hills at Rolling Brook Farms near 175th and Metcalf, huh?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6138 on: December 14, 2016, 09:36:22 PM »
HT, you should focus all of your pitch on what negative consequences happen to KC due to non-KC'rs (businesses and humans) take on the airport.  I don't know if there are any, but there's def not going to be enough KC'rs that have a real beef w/their airport to spark a local movement to change it.

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6139 on: December 14, 2016, 10:14:07 PM »
HT, you should focus all of your pitch on what negative consequences happen to KC due to non-KC'rs (businesses and humans) take on the airport.  I don't know if there are any, but there's def not going to be enough KC'rs that have a real beef w/their airport to spark a local movement to change it.

That's been laid out (less flights, business community is all on board with new termy, etc)....some people just don't seem to care/listen?

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6140 on: December 14, 2016, 10:14:41 PM »

that would be like $3B....

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6141 on: December 14, 2016, 10:40:01 PM »

That's been laid out (less flights, business community is all on board with new termy, etc)....some people just don't seem to care/listen?

Give specifics on the negative consequences.  How will they make K'C'rs' lives worse?

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6142 on: December 14, 2016, 10:56:58 PM »

Give specifics on the negative consequences.  How will they make K'C'rs' lives worse?

Agreed.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6143 on: December 14, 2016, 11:12:19 PM »
fewer flights except more flights, less business traveler/conventions except more business traveler/conventions, etc

sorry trim but everything you're suggesting has already been done, sly & co tried to lie their way into a $1B dollar "need" and it didn't work

had those dumbasses packaged and presented a realistic ask in front of their voters instead of a billion dollar boondoggle, their request would have been approved by now but they swung for the fences and whiffed.  it's done.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6144 on: December 14, 2016, 11:43:28 PM »

Agreed.

Show me the data.

Anecdotally, if I can't find an adequate flight directly to MHK for FattyFest '17, I'd probably fly to Wichita now on direct Alaska instead of going to KC, but I wouldn't have spent hardly any money in KC anyway and if I stayed at a hotel that Friday it'd be w/a free night.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6145 on: December 15, 2016, 08:20:50 AM »

Agreed.

Show me the data.

Anecdotally, if I can't find an adequate flight directly to MHK for FattyFest '17, I'd probably fly to Wichita now on direct Alaska instead of going to KC, but I wouldn't have spent hardly any money in KC anyway and if I stayed at a hotel that Friday it'd be w/a free night.
Will you be staying in the new casa de Gooch in NW Arkansas that Friday?

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6146 on: December 15, 2016, 08:48:45 AM »
You know who has a nice little airport? Atlanta.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6147 on: December 15, 2016, 09:21:00 AM »
You know who has a nice little airport? Atlanta.

it is nice, i don't know how they do it

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6148 on: December 15, 2016, 09:24:58 AM »

Agreed.

Show me the data.

I don't possess access to that data. I agree it's the angle KCI officials should be giving voters. Most I have are direct quotes from airline officials saying they don't land at KCI and prefer to go to st Louis to connect passengers even though it costs them more to do so.  To which clams will now try and misdirect with some hair brained MDW comment.

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6149 on: December 15, 2016, 09:26:20 AM »
fewer flights except more flights, less business traveler/conventions except more business traveler/conventions, etc

sorry trim but everything you're suggesting has already been done, sly & co tried to lie their way into a $1B dollar "need" and it didn't work

had those dumbasses packaged and presented a realistic ask in front of their voters instead of a billion dollar boondoggle, their request would have been approved by now but they swung for the fences and whiffed.  it's done.

So just to wrap up your opinion, kci is fine and needs nothing done to it?

More conventions has zero to do with the airport....it's in spite of the airport.