Author Topic: Kansas City things  (Read 1006383 times)

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
Re: Kansas City things
« Reply #5875 on: November 04, 2016, 12:37:21 PM »
congrats on your acquisition of the kc star bro titola, sadly tho print media is deader than de la soul

Readership up 20% with the streetcar I'm hearing.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5876 on: November 04, 2016, 12:38:46 PM »
The math to get to 6k average daily riders with 18+ hours of operation and ten minute headways doesn't come out to full cars every run....

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5877 on: November 04, 2016, 12:39:33 PM »
it's so weird to see the kc cheerleader star promoting the streetcar
without that piece I would have no idea that the streetcar has been perfect.  my own eyes even lie, I see the streetcar daily, usually with 1-2 people on it, but hey- kc cheerleader star knows what's up better than my eyeballs (perfect vision fwiw) and every downtown business loves it unconditionally and will forever even after the novelty wears off  and it's smart to divert cars off of main street to make room for the streetcar/savior of kc.

dax, how many people have ridden the streetcar since its inception, based on your eyeballs? i want to know how far off they are with the "1 millionth" rider BS from last month

lol great work as always browncat
whats your estimate?  10 million plus?

no i don't have one, i just want to know yours

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5878 on: November 04, 2016, 12:41:58 PM »
congrats on your acquisition of the kc star bro titola, sadly tho print media is deader than de la soul

Readership up 20% with the streetcar I'm hearing.

all the blue hairs from gardner getting to see your shiny green glass building for the first time has sparked renewed interest, another streetcar miracle!

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5879 on: November 04, 2016, 12:47:39 PM »
without that piece I would have no idea that the streetcar has been perfect.  my own eyes even lie, I see the streetcar daily, usually with 1-2 people on it, but hey- kc cheerleader star knows what's up better than my eyeballs (perfect vision fwiw) and every downtown business loves it unconditionally and will forever even after the novelty wears off  and it's smart to divert cars off of main street to make room for the streetcar/savior of kc.

dax, how many people have ridden the streetcar since its inception, based on your eyeballs? i want to know how far off they are with the "1 millionth" rider BS from last month

i wonder if you're smart enough to guess if I think it's a million, or if it's higher than that, or if it's lower than that.  i really do wonder that.  you're the math wiz, hence me asking you your estimate.
i wonder if questioning inflated numbers supplied/counted by the proponents of the streetcar is a good idea.  they want to tell us that they told us so, so badly. puff pieces like this certainly don't keep getting run to lobby support against the expansion- or do they?  or is this news?  maybe that's it, this is news.  we haven't repeatedly been told by every news outlet willing to listen to a waxed moustache that the streetcar is a resounding success.  i get it now.  i'll be watching CNN's ticker for their update.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5880 on: November 04, 2016, 12:56:31 PM »
i was just confused because i thought you had a better estimate based on your eyeballs.

but then again we can't always trust our eyeballs, especially since dumbass business owners like kcfdcat obviously have had the wool pulled over theirs

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5881 on: November 04, 2016, 01:07:38 PM »
Automated people counters were independently verified by manual counters and showed the automated counters were undercounting people :ck:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5882 on: November 04, 2016, 01:13:32 PM »
Automated people counters were independently verified by manual counters and showed the automated counters were undercounting people :ck:

I'm sure they were, sly titola

i was just confused because i thought you had a better estimate based on your eyeballs.

but then again we can't always trust our eyeballs, especially since dumbass business owners like kcfdcat obviously have had the wool pulled over theirs

so, you're deflecting.  stay brown, bro.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5883 on: November 04, 2016, 01:14:27 PM »

who paid for the counters, and the audit of said counters?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5884 on: November 04, 2016, 01:29:16 PM »

are you being for serious? you straight up called out the star as lying and i asked you for an estimate, and your response was to ask me for my estimate?  :lol:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5885 on: November 04, 2016, 01:31:07 PM »

i wonder if you're smart enough to guess if I think it's a million, or if it's higher than that, or if it's lower than that.  i really do wonder that.  you're the math wiz, hence me asking you your estimate.
i wonder if questioning inflated numbers supplied/counted by the proponents of the streetcar is a good idea.  they want to tell us that they told us so, so badly. puff pieces like this certainly don't keep getting run to lobby support against the expansion- or do they?  or is this news?  maybe that's it, this is news.  we haven't repeatedly been told by every news outlet willing to listen to a waxed moustache that the streetcar is a resounding success.  i get it now.  i'll be watching CNN's ticker for their update.

no deflecting ^

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5886 on: November 04, 2016, 01:33:02 PM »

are you being for serious? you straight up called out the star as lying and i asked you for an estimate, and your response was to ask me for my estimate?  :lol:

your reading comprehension is about as good as your math bro mocat

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5887 on: November 04, 2016, 01:34:30 PM »
the fact that the streetcar is doing well has turned pissdax into a complete flailing lunatic, because before ground was broken he decided it was going to fail. now when the only evidence (besides his eyeballs) that we have is saying the streetcar is doing well, dax has nowhere to go but psycho. Until, of course, winter hits and the ridership goes down and then all of a sudden the numbers will be legit and he can LOL at the streetcar jackboots for constantly obfuscating. it's so............sad, really

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5888 on: November 04, 2016, 01:37:10 PM »

It's part of the streetcar QA process...but yes this is all a total conspiracy...especially given ridership numbers weren't the primary goal of the streetcar.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5889 on: November 04, 2016, 01:38:14 PM »

It's part of the streetcar QA process...but yes this is all a total conspiracy...especially given ridership numbers weren't the primary goal of the streetcar.

but they're the primary indicator of success?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5890 on: November 04, 2016, 01:38:41 PM »
the fact that the streetcar is doing well has turned pissdax into a complete flailing lunatic, because before ground was broken he decided it was going to fail. now when the only evidence (besides his eyeballs) that we have is saying the streetcar is doing well, dax has nowhere to go but psycho. Until, of course, winter hits and the ridership goes down and then all of a sudden the numbers will be legit and he can LOL at the streetcar jackboots for constantly obfuscating. it's so............sad, really

stay brown bro

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5891 on: November 04, 2016, 01:40:00 PM »

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5892 on: November 04, 2016, 01:46:28 PM »
love the "dax" angle you're pushing, only you would have thought of something so clever.  pop up your feet and stay back from the keyboard, that thing has to be smoking right about now

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5893 on: November 04, 2016, 01:47:49 PM »

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5894 on: November 04, 2016, 01:51:03 PM »
maybe just the meaty parts:

how many people have ridden the streetcar since its inception?

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5895 on: November 04, 2016, 01:58:44 PM »

but they're the primary indicator of success?

No...it is probably the easiest thing for people to point to though

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5896 on: November 04, 2016, 02:01:51 PM »
http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/kc-streetcar/article112306362.html

Some more streetcar propaganda - some poor journalist prob strong-armed by the mayor into writing the thing.  apparently, bunch of dumbass business owners believe streetcar has been good for business. 

LOL only in KC would new public transit lead to complaints about parking

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5897 on: November 04, 2016, 02:04:44 PM »
I'll bet this Michael’s Fine Clothes character is a Sly shill planted to spread the propaganda.  Prob not even a real store.  Started by a "Russian immigrant grandfather" - around since 1905.  heh - unlikely.   

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5898 on: November 04, 2016, 02:04:59 PM »
Exactly....many of us are fighting that garage and pointing to the very fact that business is booming to NOT build more garages.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5899 on: November 04, 2016, 02:05:42 PM »
I'll bet this Michael’s Fine Clothes character is a Sly shill planted to spread the propaganda.  Prob not even a real store.  Started by a "Russian immigrant grandfather" - around since 1905.  heh - unlikely.

Trump is involved you are saying??!?