Author Topic: Kansas City things  (Read 1006662 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Kansas City things
« Reply #5850 on: October 26, 2016, 07:49:47 PM »
It's obvious that the city should issue every citizen a gun so they can judge criminals when needed.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5851 on: October 26, 2016, 08:08:22 PM »
more bullshit.  again, your world is a very weird place.

Good talk as always 'clams. 

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5852 on: October 26, 2016, 08:53:37 PM »
it's always the same crap with you.  everything sly and company does is the best.  it's sad.

you want to fix kc's crime problem you spend more money on policing.  i don't give a crap if spending has gone up each year, it's obviously not enough.  giuliani added 7,000+ cops on the streets of new york and crime went down overnight.  it's a very simple approach.

save that schools/families garbage

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5853 on: October 26, 2016, 09:03:56 PM »
I'm only anecdotally familiar with Giuliani's plan and success in crime reduction in NY...got a good summary article of what was done, cost, stats, etc? 

I'm not against spending more, I also don't think the only answer is throw 50% more money at the PD, when we don't even have control of it locally.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5854 on: October 26, 2016, 09:21:46 PM »
What does the "we don't have control locally" mean?   Sly can't pick the police chief or what? 

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5855 on: October 26, 2016, 09:25:06 PM »
This article points to PD but also other private groups getting involved to lower crime in NY - http://www.city-journal.org/html/how-new-york-became-safe-full-story-13197.html

"the Grand Central Partnership (also led by Biederman) began reducing disorder in the 75 blocks surrounding Grand Central by employing private security and hiring the homeless to clean the streets. Thirty-two more Business Improvement Districts (BIDs) were developing similar approaches in New York."

"Neighborhood organizations, too, began demanding that order be restored"

Similar to what KC has done with the Downtown CID and Main Street CID.  Neighborhood organizations seem to help too

This article points to lowering unemployment, raising minimum wage, and improved economy along with the growth in the police force in NY. http://www.nber.org/digest/jan03/w9061.html

"This study shows that a single percentage point decline in the jobless rate decreases burglary by 2.2 percent and motor vehicle theft by 1.8 percent. Increases in the real minimum wage also significantly reduce robberies and murders: 3.4 to 3.7 percent fewer robberies with a 10 percent increase in the minimum wage and 6.3 to 6.9 percent fewer murders."

This article questions how much Rudy's policies had in reducing crime http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2007/sep/01/how-much-credit-giuliani-due-fighting-crime/

"Independent studies generally have failed to link the tactics of the Giuliani administration with the large decrease in crime rates."

"many criminologists believe the decline in New York, as in Chicago, San Diego, Miami and elsewhere, was the result of a complex mix of social and demographic changes, including a break in the crack cocaine epidemic, an improving economy, and increased prison terms for proven lawbreakers.

Better policing tactics and policies were likely part of it, experts say, but not to the extent Giuliani claims."

This article also puts into question all the other factors that contributed - https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2016/08/19/trumps-claim-attributing-the-20-year-new-york-city-crime-decline-to-giulianis-policies/

Finally this presentation from KCPD does show violent crime has been dropping in KCMO since 1990

http://kcmo.gov/police/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2016/02/HistoricalViolentCrimePresentationFinal.pdf

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5856 on: October 26, 2016, 09:29:27 PM »
What does the "we don't have control locally" mean?   Sly can't pick the police chief or what?

Here is a good summary article...basically yes, the state picks the board (minus the mayor) that has control over KCPD operations.  We're the only major city in America in this situation and it all stems from the Pendergast era where he used the police force for his own personal interests.

http://www.kmbc.com/article/forte-favors-continued-state-control-of-kcpd/3678043

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5857 on: October 26, 2016, 09:33:07 PM »
forte is an abject failure and needs to kick rocks

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5858 on: October 26, 2016, 09:36:41 PM »
forte is an abject failure and needs to kick rocks

Agreed

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #5859 on: October 26, 2016, 09:43:40 PM »
Move to joco where the cities aren't run by pay-to-play gangsters and their cronies. Kcmo has been a rough ridin' joke since the 30's.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5860 on: October 26, 2016, 11:50:03 PM »
Move to joco where the cities aren't run by pay-to-play gangsters and their cronies. Kcmo has been a rough ridin' joke since the 30's.

lolz @ brownbackistan, thanks for the advice FSD

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5861 on: October 27, 2016, 09:25:15 AM »
there should be a cop on every street corner 247365 in brookside aka beirutside

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5862 on: October 27, 2016, 09:29:40 AM »
crime?  what crime?  STREETCAR!

Obviously not enough police when BKS families are killing each other over stealing the family money.  Do nothing else until crime eliminated I say!

blinders on!

try these blinders....police budget has grown every year under Sly....and 74% of the general fund budget goes toward public safety.

oh good, so KC doesn't have a crime problem.  got it, thanks for the update.

The crime problem isn't the amount of money we're spending on cops.  The KCMO crime problem IMO comes down to:

- Police under state control
- Decades of school failures emptying schools
- Lack of jobs in the urban core / transportation to the available jobs
- Parents that don't care / aren't in the house - Streetcar of death

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #5863 on: November 02, 2016, 06:37:54 PM »
Having to endure twice as many political commercials during election years.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5864 on: November 02, 2016, 07:10:30 PM »
Having to endure twice as many political commercials during election years.

yeah, wow

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5865 on: November 04, 2016, 08:54:27 AM »
http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/kc-streetcar/article112306362.html

Some more streetcar propaganda - some poor journalist prob strong-armed by the mayor into writing the thing.  apparently, bunch of dumbass business owners believe streetcar has been good for business. 

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5866 on: November 04, 2016, 08:55:48 AM »
We need to search the Podesta emails for KC street car.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5867 on: November 04, 2016, 09:00:37 AM »
http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/kc-streetcar/article112306362.html

Some more streetcar propaganda - some poor journalist prob strong-armed by the mayor into writing the thing.  apparently, bunch of dumbass business owners believe streetcar has been good for business.

Crossroads business owners are in on it. Just part of the machine now. Sad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5868 on: November 04, 2016, 10:16:41 AM »
Gross.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5869 on: November 04, 2016, 10:30:47 AM »
I remember going to the Main Street Morgue haunted house when I was a kid.  The good ol days.  sigh.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5870 on: November 04, 2016, 12:08:17 PM »
it's so weird to see the kc cheerleader star promoting the streetcar
without that piece I would have no idea that the streetcar has been perfect.  my own eyes even lie, I see the streetcar daily, usually with 1-2 people on it, but hey- kc cheerleader star knows what's up better than my eyeballs (perfect vision fwiw) and every downtown business loves it unconditionally and will forever even after the novelty wears off  and it's smart to divert cars off of main street to make room for the streetcar/savior of kc.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5871 on: November 04, 2016, 12:15:20 PM »
without that piece I would have no idea that the streetcar has been perfect.  my own eyes even lie, I see the streetcar daily, usually with 1-2 people on it, but hey- kc cheerleader star knows what's up better than my eyeballs (perfect vision fwiw) and every downtown business loves it unconditionally and will forever even after the novelty wears off  and it's smart to divert cars off of main street to make room for the streetcar/savior of kc.

dax, how many people have ridden the streetcar since its inception, based on your eyeballs? i want to know how far off they are with the "1 millionth" rider BS from last month

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5872 on: November 04, 2016, 12:29:35 PM »

Lol at there being traffic on main Street or any other downtown street.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5873 on: November 04, 2016, 12:34:04 PM »
congrats on your acquisition of the kc star bro titola, sadly tho print media is deader than de la soul

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5874 on: November 04, 2016, 12:35:40 PM »

dax, how many people have ridden the streetcar since its inception, based on your eyeballs? i want to know how far off they are with the "1 millionth" rider BS from last month

lol great work as always browncat
whats your estimate?  10 million plus?