Author Topic: Kansas City things  (Read 1005241 times)

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Kansas City things
« Reply #2450 on: July 27, 2015, 08:57:58 AM »
Double Shift Double Meow IPA

The Big Train

« Reply #2451 on: July 27, 2015, 09:07:18 AM »
Slobbers Sons Soccer Saison

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: July 27, 2015, 09:12:42 AM »

Slobbers Sons Soccer Saison
offered exclusively at SKC Park

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: July 27, 2015, 09:54:13 AM »
i stopped by Double Shift on Saturday afternoon for a couple brews before heading out to buzz beach ball. KCFDcat, sorry for not saying hi but i wasn't sure which person you were. i'll be back though.

had a flight, all of them were good! (double ipa, white ipa, saison, pale ale) i also had a few sips of the rye and before i had even seen the paper that compares it to bread, i said "man this really tastes like bread in a glass." good stuff. my second round was a double ipa which packs a punch, as advertised. i'm all about the hops so it was very enjoyable for me. served in a cool glass, too.

as for the temperature i thought it felt fine. i noticed the ac said 82 degrees when i went to the bathroom which seems appropriate for a warehouse type building with tons of people on a near 100 degrees day. an unrelated bit of small advice though: the big list above the bar of beers available lists "IPA" and i believe was referring to the double ipa. it led to some confusion because when i ordered the "IPA" the guy wasn't sure if i meant the white or double. not a big deal at all but just thought i'd mention it.

like i said, i'll certainly be back. good beer, sweet location and set up. keep up the good work!

The Big Train

« Reply #2454 on: July 27, 2015, 10:03:39 AM »
next time i am in KC i'm definitely going to stop by.  congrats man!

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: July 27, 2015, 02:17:05 PM »
i stopped by Double Shift on Saturday afternoon for a couple brews before heading out to buzz beach ball. KCFDcat, sorry for not saying hi but i wasn't sure which person you were. i'll be back though.

had a flight, all of them were good! (double ipa, white ipa, saison, pale ale) i also had a few sips of the rye and before i had even seen the paper that compares it to bread, i said "man this really tastes like bread in a glass." good stuff. my second round was a double ipa which packs a punch, as advertised. i'm all about the hops so it was very enjoyable for me. served in a cool glass, too.

as for the temperature i thought it felt fine. i noticed the ac said 82 degrees when i went to the bathroom which seems appropriate for a warehouse type building with tons of people on a near 100 degrees day. an unrelated bit of small advice though: the big list above the bar of beers available lists "IPA" and i believe was referring to the double ipa. it led to some confusion because when i ordered the "IPA" the guy wasn't sure if i meant the white or double. not a big deal at all but just thought i'd mention it.

like i said, i'll certainly be back. good beer, sweet location and set up. keep up the good work!
Thanks for coming, and thanks for the feedback. We've already changed the menu board, that's my bad.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: July 27, 2015, 02:22:22 PM »
Man, now I really want to try the rye. 

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: July 28, 2015, 09:53:16 AM »
The philly I was with isn't a beer drinker but really liked the saison. I enjoy all of them. Needs AC inside tho
Lol we have a/c but when it's 100 degrees outside, people are constantly opening the door,  and there's 65+ people inside it's hard to keep the temp down, plus the building is 100 years old and has zero energy efficiency.

Thanks for coming by man. Hope you'll come back.

you need a vestibule

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: July 28, 2015, 10:05:31 AM »
The philly I was with isn't a beer drinker but really liked the saison. I enjoy all of them. Needs AC inside tho
Lol we have a/c but when it's 100 degrees outside, people are constantly opening the door,  and there's 65+ people inside it's hard to keep the temp down, plus the building is 100 years old and has zero energy efficiency.

you need a vestibule
Lol. Ok dude.

Offline RockState2000

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: July 28, 2015, 10:28:45 AM »

you need a vestibule
Lol. Ok dude.

To be fair, he's right. That would fix your problem. Or less customers... your call.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2460 on: July 28, 2015, 10:32:11 AM »

you need a vestibule
Lol. Ok dude.

To be fair, he's right. That would fix your problem. Or less customers... your call.
Or just you know,  not spend $10-15k on something that would help us out 10 days a year. Not to mention it would take away at least one table (seating for 6-8 people) 

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: July 28, 2015, 10:46:22 AM »
Not sure if it is doable where you are but the semi-temporary outdoor vestibules are pretty much ubiquitous in Chicago during the harsh seasons. I would think they are fairly reasonable, and will save significantly in energy bills.
:adios:

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: July 28, 2015, 11:24:05 AM »

Not sure if it is doable where you are but the semi-temporary outdoor vestibules are pretty much ubiquitous in Chicago during the harsh seasons. I would think they are fairly reasonable, and will save significantly in energy bills.

Like the one Houstons has

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: July 28, 2015, 11:40:42 AM »
another idea is to have people drink so many delicious beers they cant feel their face and know they are cold*

*technique adopted from ksu football tailgates

I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: July 28, 2015, 12:00:53 PM »

you need a vestibule
Lol. Ok dude.

Or just you know,  not spend $10-15k on something that would help us out 10 days a year. Not to mention it would take away at least one table (seating for 6-8 people) 

the issue of heating and cooling recovery will be a problem in the summer and winter.   It also is murder on your utility costs.  another option, though less successful is an air curtain.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: July 28, 2015, 12:19:47 PM »
Take it to the HVAC thread.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: July 28, 2015, 12:45:11 PM »
JFC guys, didn't realize you were all so passionate about vestibules and heating/cooling loss.

Yes, I know the setup we have isn't the most efficient, but we spent a crap ton of money installing a brand new extremely efficient HVAC system. In a perfect world we would have a nice vestibule to allow people to enter through. But with cost over runs in other parts of the build out, we didn't have the capital to add something like that, and we don't have the room to add an exterior one.

However; our biggest issue with heat/cooling loss is our huge roll up doors that get direct afternooon sun, and have huge gaps where they meet the building. We are having them replaced when capital becomes available. Until then, things will just have to stay the way they are.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: July 28, 2015, 12:48:36 PM »
They are just offering suggestions
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: July 28, 2015, 12:48:51 PM »
To be fair, for RS2k, Mikey and myself, it's closely related to what we do for a living.
:adios:

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: July 28, 2015, 12:54:42 PM »
To be fair, for RS2k, Mikey and myself, it's closely related to what we do for a living.

smells like a gE discount to me!
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: July 28, 2015, 12:56:54 PM »
Might as well get ipa4me in here so he can try to sell you some honeywell crap
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: July 28, 2015, 01:12:04 PM »
The Dugout Dunkel

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: July 28, 2015, 01:44:14 PM »
dont scare away our only combo brewery owner firefighter, hvac nerds

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: July 28, 2015, 01:47:42 PM »
guys, the temperature was fine.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: July 28, 2015, 02:09:15 PM »

you work for Big Vestibule too?

:)