Author Topic: The Scott Pruitt "If the models are all wrong" thread  (Read 438095 times)

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
Re: If the models are all wrong
« Reply #1125 on: December 15, 2014, 04:54:38 PM »
"If you don't like what the temp measurements are, alter the data so it fits your agenda"

What do the temp measurements have to do with anything? Greenhouse gas theory has already been proven. It's not like the scientists are trying to record temps to prove anything.

What?!  :lol:  It's the only "proof" climate changers, formerly known as global warmers, have.

Heat enters the atmosphere via solar radiation. Less heat leaves the atmosphere in the presence of more greenhouse gases. Therefore, the earth is warmer than it would be with less greenhouse gases and cooler than it would be with more.

How do you measure heat to determine the earth is warmer?

Warmer than what? If you want to see if the earth is warmer than it was yesterday, you take a temperature and compare it to yesterday's temperature. If you want to see the effect greenhouse gases are having on the temperature, you measure the amount of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere and solar radiation and then apply greenhouse gas theory.

This is an aptly titled thread. Good work k-s-u w.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #1126 on: December 15, 2014, 07:01:32 PM »
Scientific fact, if it wasn't for gravity, all the water would be on the moon. Therefore carbon emissions should be curtailed to pre industrial era levels by unauthorized regulation, the militarization of the epa, and a convoluted redistributive tax structure . Not sure how you conservatards can argue against that line of reasoning, it's science.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: December 15, 2014, 07:13:52 PM »
When asked what the primary source of heat for the planet is, people that identified as "liberal" answered carbon or CO2 68% of the time. 84% of people who identify as "conservative" answered the sun.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: December 15, 2014, 09:41:33 PM »
When asked what the primary source of heat for the planet is, people that identified as "liberal" answered carbon or CO2 68% of the time. 84% of people who identify as "conservative" answered the sun.

Ha!

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: December 15, 2014, 11:01:14 PM »
Remember kids, hundreds if not thousands of people who were/are going to save the world signed a petition at a global climate summit a couple of years ago to ban water.

I believe it's the same group of people and then some who are now meeting and in the process creating a massive carbon footprint, stamping all over indigenous peoples property and causing various other mini-climate fiasco's.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: December 15, 2014, 11:52:05 PM »

Ha!

Somebody really should put that in front of a photo of Neil Degrasse Tyson and put it on Facebook.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: December 16, 2014, 07:38:13 AM »
Tyson would go nuts

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: January 15, 2015, 10:37:40 AM »
It was warm yesterday and it is supposed to be even warmer going into the weekend. But it was really cold there for a few weeks. I don't care if the earth is warming or not. Someday Earth will claim us all and start over.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: January 15, 2015, 10:46:11 AM »
It's all global warming, land use, natural erosion/manmade erosion and various other factors have zero bearing on those anecdotal stories about how the "Streets Flood" now at high tide in (insert seaside community name here).   It's all purely AGW.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: January 15, 2015, 10:51:04 AM »
It's all global warming, land use, natural erosion/manmade erosion and various other factors have zero bearing on those anecdotal stories about how the "Streets Flood" now at high tide in (insert seaside community name here).   It's all purely AGW.
link?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: January 15, 2015, 10:54:15 AM »
link?

What part of "Anecdotal" don't you get?   I just read the comments section of articles like the Gawker story.

I hear the same stuff around here, and I always want to ask what you think might happen along a coast line where the population has grown at a rapid clip over the last 30 years, with thousands of additional houses, parking lots, driveways etc. etc.   

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: January 15, 2015, 10:58:12 AM »
link?

What part of "Anecdotal" don't you get?   I just read the comments section of articles like the Gawker story.

I hear the same stuff around here, and I always want to ask what you think might happen along a coast line where the population has grown at a rapid clip over the last 30 years, with thousands of additional houses, parking lots, driveways etc. etc.
The land sinks like a raft?
:adios:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: January 15, 2015, 11:00:53 AM »
link?

I didn't say that.

It's not a zero sum game.   People rail all the time about how people impact the environment, yet when it comes to sea level rise the Warmists wants to place it all on the shoulders of AGW, many times leaving out naturally occurring events, and completely ignoring what kind of impact hundreds of millions of people living along our coasts may have.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: January 15, 2015, 11:04:34 AM »
it sounds like you're saying that 7 billion people are having an effect on the enviro.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: January 15, 2015, 11:08:56 AM »

link?

I didn't say that.

It's not a zero sum game.   People rail all the time about how people impact the environment, yet when it comes to sea level rise the Warmists wants to place it all on the shoulders of AGW, many times leaving out naturally occurring events, and completely ignoring what kind of impact hundreds of millions of people living along our coasts may have.

These are not things I know the answer to, and I am not trying to set up any specific answers.

First, do we only measure sea level rise along the coastline? Why would the thousands of houses, roads, etc. have a measurable impact on the sea level? Does the water within a mile of coastline even account for 0.1% of the ocean water? Wouldn't any effect of construction/erosion cause just the proverbial drop in the bucket and not lead to widespread sea level rise?  Just doesn't make much sense to me

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: January 15, 2015, 11:12:02 AM »
It depends on where the do sea level testing.   I'll have to find it, but one study along the coast where I live said the see was rising, but another said that in areas nearby the levels were actually lower.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: January 15, 2015, 11:25:00 AM »
It depends on where the do sea level testing.   I'll have to find it, but one study along the coast where I live said the see was rising, but another said that in areas nearby the levels were actually lower.
THE WATER IN MY GLASS STAYS FLAT AND AT THE SAME LEVEL, SO SHOULD THE OCEAN!

Really though, the mechanics of how sea level and tides and regional variation work are fascinating. The world is a pretty cool place.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: January 15, 2015, 01:08:30 PM »
Land sinks just like mountains rise. It's called "plate tectonics" for you laymen out there. #MarylandSinking

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: January 16, 2015, 10:16:34 AM »
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: January 16, 2015, 10:43:42 AM »

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: January 16, 2015, 01:18:58 PM »
http://news.discovery.com/earth/global-warming/2014-was-hottest-year-in-modern-history-150116.htm
more liberals with their science and books  :nono: :curse:

I want to get one of those Moonshiners flasks. Ol' Tickle just cracks me up.  :lol:

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: January 16, 2015, 01:30:54 PM »
http://news.discovery.com/earth/global-warming/2014-was-hottest-year-in-modern-history-150116.htm

When did they start using science and books????
why do you ask? (i know what you're getting at i just want you to fully embarrass yourself)

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: January 16, 2015, 03:16:16 PM »

The link isn't working, but 1/100th of a degree?  :Chirp:

Sounds like a fancy way to say the 18 year halt in warming continues.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: January 16, 2015, 03:40:45 PM »

The link isn't working, but 1/100th of a degree?  :Chirp:

Sounds like a fancy way to say the 18 year halt in warming continues.
You just can't make this stuff up folks!
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting