Author Topic: The Scott Pruitt "If the models are all wrong" thread  (Read 437818 times)

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
Re: If the models are all wrong
« Reply #1100 on: November 18, 2014, 06:01:22 PM »
i did not know that record drought in syria was a factor in the civil war. the dystopian "water wars" are already here.

http://globalthinkers.foreignpolicy.com/#naturals/detail/extreme-heights

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: November 18, 2014, 06:22:16 PM »
i did not know that record drought in syria was a factor in the civil war. the dystopian "water wars" are already here.

But doesn't that mean they are getting more water somewhere else, like Alaska? Even Steven kind of weather?

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: November 18, 2014, 06:49:07 PM »

But doesn't that mean they are getting more water somewhere else, like Alaska? Even Steven kind of weather?
prolly, but idk if they are getting an associated human catastrophe.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: December 10, 2014, 10:12:15 PM »
Did NOAA really conclude that the California drought has been caused by naturally occurring climatic and oceanographic events?

That has to hurt the activist "Scientists". 

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: December 11, 2014, 12:22:24 AM »
Did NOAA really conclude that the California drought has been caused by naturally occurring climatic and oceanographic events?

NOAA are the activist scientists, though. We need to dig deeper and figure out what their end game really is.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: December 11, 2014, 06:26:58 AM »

NOAA are the activist scientists, though. We need to dig deeper and figure out what their end game really is.

I know they are, they even quoted a prof from Columbia who said that weather records have captured multiple periods of extreme drought in California.    Poor guy is probably never going to get a climatic or weather related paper peer reviewed again by the fraternity of activist "scientists". 

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: December 11, 2014, 08:09:54 AM »
Maybe the activist scientists are all in on it and this is one big bait and switch.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: December 13, 2014, 11:58:33 AM »
They will get a new model.  We went from global warming to climate change.  Next will be hey its going to hell quickly climate calamity. 

Offline brandochav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: December 13, 2014, 11:28:20 PM »
They will get a new model.  We went from global warming to climate change.  Next will be hey its going to hell quickly climate calamity.
You now nothing, John Snow...just because buzz words spread through the media and lay men, doesn't mean the research jargon did the same.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #1109 on: December 14, 2014, 08:46:24 AM »
"Research jargon"
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: December 14, 2014, 11:35:26 AM »
It's like the old Kansas weather saying, "if you don't like the research jargon, just wait a few minutes, it will change."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: December 14, 2014, 12:03:25 PM »
"If you don't like what the temp measurements are, alter the data so it fits your agenda"

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: December 14, 2014, 11:53:49 PM »
"If you don't like what the temp measurements are, alter the data so it fits your agenda"

What do the temp measurements have to do with anything? Greenhouse gas theory has already been proven. It's not like the scientists are trying to record temps to prove anything.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: December 15, 2014, 08:59:08 AM »

What do the temp measurements have to do with anything? Greenhouse gas theory has already been proven. It's not like the scientists are trying to record temps to prove anything.

What?!  :lol:  It's the only "proof" climate changers, formerly known as global warmers, have.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: December 15, 2014, 09:11:20 AM »
Greenhouse gas theory has already been proven.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Do you mean that is has been "proven" "theoretically"? Or that is has been "proven" in a controlled environment? Its application to the real world certainly hasn't been proven at all - and that's what actually matters, right? In fact, it seems to be more and more disproven with each passing year as more and more "greenhouse gasses" are emitted and yet global temp increase has flatlined over more than a decade.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: December 15, 2014, 09:12:26 AM »

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Do you mean that is has been "proven" "theoretically"? Or that is has been "proven" in a controlled environment? Its application to the real world certainly hasn't been proven at all - and that's what actually matters, right? In fact, it seems to be more and more disproven with each passing year as more and more "greenhouse gasses" are emitted and yet global temp increase has flatlined over more than a decade.

I don't think you understand what a scientific theory is. This sounds similar to a creationist saying evolution is just a theory.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: December 15, 2014, 09:13:34 AM »

What?!  :lol:  It's the only "proof" climate changers, formerly known as global warmers, have.

Heat enters the atmosphere via solar radiation. Less heat leaves the atmosphere in the presence of more greenhouse gases. Therefore, the earth is warmer than it would be with less greenhouse gases and cooler than it would be with more.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: December 15, 2014, 09:20:07 AM »

Heat enters the atmosphere via solar radiation. Less heat leaves the atmosphere in the presence of more greenhouse gases. Therefore, the earth is warmer than it would be with less greenhouse gases and cooler than it would be with more.

Just stop.  Unless you can show that caring will save them money, it won't work.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: December 15, 2014, 09:20:36 AM »

I don't think you understand what a scientific theory is. This sounds similar to a creationist saying evolution is just a theory.

Now you're just trolling, and you haven't answered my questions.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: December 15, 2014, 09:22:12 AM »

Ok, so you're talking purely about theory then, and not real world effect. Gotcha.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: December 15, 2014, 09:27:10 AM »

Ok, so you're talking purely about theory then, and not real world effect. Gotcha.

The real world effect is that we don't melt during the daytime and get frozen solid at night. Life would not exist if the greenhouse effect weren't real. You know, acknowledging proven science, but saying that the effect of this extra carbon in the air is not severe enough to justify the measures necessary to address it is a perfectly reasonable stance. Sticking your head in the sand and claiming that the science is wrong just makes you look dumb, though.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: December 15, 2014, 09:27:53 AM »
Totally leaving out the part where coal is clean now and Jesus wants us to dominate the face off of Earth.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: December 15, 2014, 09:41:24 AM »

The real world effect is that we don't melt during the daytime and get frozen solid at night. Life would not exist if the greenhouse effect weren't real. You know, acknowledging proven science, but saying that the effect of this extra carbon in the air is not severe enough to justify the measures necessary to address it is a perfectly reasonable stance. Sticking your head in the sand and claiming that the science is wrong just makes you look dumb, though.

That's exactly what I say. I also think that "greenhouse effect is proven science" is a meaningless retort, for the exact reason you've just explained. Climate is a complicated thing. There are obviously much bigger forces at work in determining global temperture than levels of trace gasses in our atmosphere. If there weren't, then we'd be living in an Algore apocalypse right now.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: December 15, 2014, 03:07:33 PM »

How do you measure heat to determine the earth is warmer?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: December 15, 2014, 03:19:33 PM »

How do you measure heat to determine the earth is warmer?

Warmer than what? If you want to see if the earth is warmer than it was yesterday, you take a temperature and compare it to yesterday's temperature. If you want to see the effect greenhouse gases are having on the temperature, you measure the amount of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere and solar radiation and then apply greenhouse gas theory.