Author Topic: First world problems  (Read 26347 times)

Online Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
First world problems
« on: April 30, 2013, 07:08:43 AM »
Turned the auto sprinklers on yesterday but didn't check all the heads.   Was awoken at 3 a.m. this morning to the loud spraying of water onto my bedroom window.  Had to go to the garage and turn off the sprinklers. Took me at least 5 minutes to get back to sleep.

And, to make things worse. The irrigation dude won't be able to come out until Friday. 

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: First world problems
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 07:11:01 AM »
I have people that turn mine off and on for me each year and make sure all that is working properly. I suggest you do that.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 07:13:13 AM »
so wait...are you having an irrigation dude come to your house because one of your sprinkler heads is facing the wrong way?
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 07:17:34 AM »
so wait...are you having an irrigation dude come to your house because one of your sprinkler heads is facing the wrong way?

take it to the poors problems thread rams

Online Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 07:17:36 AM »

Is that what's wrong? I don't know. I just know I can't sleep with it spraying on my window.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 07:44:45 AM »
the lady at the chick-fil-a drive through took an extra long time this morning w/ my order (she was waiting for hash browns, i heard her tell the dude in the back that she needed hash browns).  the ginger girl in the TL behind me from texas seemed to be like "wtf?" 

sorry babe, my bad

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 07:49:24 AM »
There's a guy who hangs out in our parking lot who mumbles at people as they walk to their car.  He chases birds.  It's kinda uncomfortable so we pretend to talk to each other when he's out there, and avoid flashing any expensive smartphones.   :ohno:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2013, 07:57:58 AM »
One of the DirectTV client receivers went off network with the DirectTV Genie last night for about 1 minute, don't know why, but it messed up my watching of Sunday night's Mad Men episode for about 1 minute.  A little  :curse: I must say.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2013, 08:25:12 AM »
I had to move out of my house this week while the hardwood floors are being refinished due to an upstairs toilet in one of my five bathrooms overflowing. The extended stay place where we're staying only has a 42" LCD, no DVR, and only one channel of HBO.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2013, 08:31:11 AM »
Like I don't really have a temper with people or animals.  But like if some thing doesn't work like it's supposed to, oh my eff, pisses me off so bad.  Also, when you're an engineer and something doesn't work, it's SOP to be like "whoever designed this was a rough ridin' moron."  Even if the design is fine, that's what you do. 

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2013, 08:39:30 AM »
GF moves a lot in bed when we are sleeping. I'm fine with any most other things but sleep I do not eff around with.. And her dog woke us up at 3am.  :dubious:

:dubious:

also I have to sleep with a fan blowing on me and her fan sucks compared to mine

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2013, 09:12:05 AM »
Just put down some grass seed 2 weeks ago and the dandelions have come out in full force since, but i don't want to spray any broadleaf killer until the seeds germinate!

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2013, 09:13:51 AM »
The up and down arrows on my Time Warner Cable remote for my 50' HDtv don't work 100% of the time.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2013, 09:16:04 AM »
My new shirt is missing a button. I hate today.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2013, 09:16:36 AM »
At least we are all wearing belts, right guys?

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2013, 09:18:43 AM »
At least we are all wearing belts, right guys?

an EMAW belt, nonetheless

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2013, 09:38:17 AM »
the lady at the chick-fil-a drive through took an extra long time this morning w/ my order (she was waiting for hash browns, i heard her tell the dude in the back that she needed hash browns).  the ginger girl in the TL behind me from texas seemed to be like "wtf?" 

sorry babe, my bad

I find a great way to start the day is with two orders of Chick-fil-A Chick-n-Minis, a Plain Biscuit (buttered) and a Cinnamon Cluster.  Also a 100% Colombian Coffee.  I can't not dominate life when I'm hopped up on all that go fuel.  Should probably just make that a meal deal and call it the Life Dominator Meal Combo. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2013, 09:42:42 AM »
Had to turn on and off the wifi twice this weekend to get it working. Felt like prison.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2013, 09:44:43 AM »
I was out of bacon last thursday and had to use ham as a breakfast meat replacement.

I mean, W....T....F!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Felt like I was Gitmo'ing my kids.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2013, 09:46:09 AM »
My dog had to go to the bathroom really bad today and woke me up at 5am with an incessant whine. I'm going to call in sick to work because it totally ruined my sleep schedule.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2013, 09:52:42 AM »

sorry babe, my bad

I find a great way to start the day is with two orders of Chick-fil-A Chick-n-Minis, a Plain Biscuit (buttered) and a Cinnamon Cluster.  Also a 100% Colombian Coffee.  I can't not dominate life when I'm hopped up on all that go fuel.  Should probably just make that a meal deal and call it the Life Dominator Meal Combo. 

my Life Dominator Meal Combo includes a spicy chicken breakfast burrito + 2 jalapeno salsas, an order of hash browns, and a powerade.  i didn't realize you could order a plain buttered biscuit, i feel like a complete n00b dumbass.

chick-fil-a: 1
clams:  0

look for this score to be tied up soon and pretty soon after that i will take the lead and then just basically always score a point and they will never score another point on me. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2013, 09:56:45 AM »
Lady just got into work complaining about traffic. Some truck driver is in the hospital because he crashed his semi on the highway but she is more concerned with how frustrating it was sitting in her car for 1 hour. I mean my goodness sakes.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2013, 09:57:23 AM »

Is that what's wrong? I don't know. I just know I can't sleep with it spraying on my window.
:facepalm:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2013, 10:02:25 AM »

sorry babe, my bad

my Life Dominator Meal Combo includes a spicy chicken breakfast burrito + 2 jalapeno salsas, an order of hash browns, and a powerade.  i didn't realize you could order a plain buttered biscuit, i feel like a complete n00b dumbass.

chick-fil-a: 1
clams:  0

look for this score to be tied up soon and pretty soon after that i will take the lead and then just basically always score a point and they will never score another point on me.

I would give chick-fil-a 1 point for every time you have eaten there and did not realize you could order the plain buttered biscuit. It's probably going to take you a while to tie the score.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2013, 10:03:20 AM »
My HOA is painting all of our houses instead of putting in a baller pool in one of the green spaces. Will probably move to a more elite HOA neighborhood and it's going to suck complete ass telling the movers where to put all my stuff.