Author Topic: First world problems  (Read 26710 times)

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
Re: First world problems
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2013, 10:08:03 AM »
my new, luxurious suv is broken, i think.  one of the heated/cooled seats doesn't heat/cool as well as the other one.  what if it's cold/hot outside and i can't get sufficiently warm/cool?

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2013, 10:15:06 AM »
my new, luxurious suv is broken, i think.  one of the heated/cooled seats doesn't heat/cool as well as the other one.  what if it's cold/hot outside and i can't get sufficiently warm/cool?

sit in the working seat and hire a 2nd or 3rd world driver

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2013, 10:15:53 AM »
This thread reads like a Facebook newsfeed.   :facepalm:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2013, 10:30:08 AM »
the lady at the chick-fil-a drive through took an extra long time this morning w/ my order (she was waiting for hash browns, i heard her tell the dude in the back that she needed hash browns).  the ginger girl in the TL behind me from texas seemed to be like "wtf?" 

sorry babe, my bad

I find a great way to start the day is with two orders of Chick-fil-A Chick-n-Minis, a Plain Biscuit (buttered) and a Cinnamon Cluster.  Also a 100% Colombian Coffee.  I can't not dominate life when I'm hopped up on all that go fuel.  Should probably just make that a meal deal and call it the Life Dominator Meal Combo. 

my Life Dominator Meal Combo includes a spicy chicken breakfast burrito + 2 jalapeno salsas, an order of hash browns, and a powerade.  i didn't realize you could order a plain buttered biscuit, i feel like a complete n00b dumbass.

chick-fil-a: 1
clams:  0

look for this score to be tied up soon and pretty soon after that i will take the lead and then just basically always score a point and they will never score another point on me.

I would give chick-fil-a 1 point for every time you have eaten there and did not realize you could order the plain buttered biscuit. It's probably going to take you a while to tie the score.

i've never eaten there. 
clams: 1
nuts kicked: 0

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2013, 10:31:26 AM »
Lady just got into work complaining about traffic. Some truck driver is in the hospital because he crashed his semi on the highway but she is more concerned with how frustrating it was sitting in her car for 1 hour. I mean my goodness sakes.

Well, 99% chance it's either the truck driver's fault or some other dumb crap. I rough ridin' hate sitting in traffic because of some other bad person's ineptitude. Don't waste my time.

Anyway, back to topic, I'm 10 pounds overweight because food is so damned plentiful and cheap. I'm thinking about paying a gym a bunch of money so I can get some exercise.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2013, 10:41:50 AM »
Like I don't really have a temper with people or animals.  But like if some thing doesn't work like it's supposed to, oh my eff, pisses me off so bad.  Also, when you're an engineer and something doesn't work, it's SOP to be like "whoever designed this was a rough ridin' moron."  Even if the design is fine, that's what you do. 

@mikec2w

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2013, 10:42:52 AM »
I joined a wine club back in March for some pretty elite wine in the Napa region.  They don't deliver to Kansas, so I have to get my shipments sent to Missouri. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2013, 10:51:05 AM »
so wait...are you having an irrigation dude come to your house because one of your sprinkler heads is facing the wrong way?

Is that what's wrong? I don't know. I just know I can't sleep with it spraying on my window.
:facepalm:

So, you're saying it's something simple that I could probably just ask my landscaper to adjust?

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2013, 10:54:23 AM »
so wait...are you having an irrigation dude come to your house because one of your sprinkler heads is facing the wrong way?

Is that what's wrong? I don't know. I just know I can't sleep with it spraying on my window.
:facepalm:

So, you're saying it's something simple that I could probably just ask my landscaper to adjust?

You should probably just put your house up for sale and move.  T's & P's.
@mikec2w

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2013, 10:56:30 AM »
The touch screen on my 5 series is really spotty in the upper left hand corner  :frown:
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2013, 11:36:55 AM »
I joined a wine club back in March for some pretty elite wine in the Napa region.  They don't deliver to Kansas, so I have to get my shipments sent to Missouri. 

you should tell your pud wine club to quit being cheap asses and buy the ks special order shipping license.  or quit describing your wine club as elite.  both options available to you.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2013, 11:38:41 AM »
my cell phone reception in the office is too shitty to turntable on most days

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2013, 11:39:55 AM »

you should tell your pud wine club to quit being cheap asses and buy the ks special order shipping license.  or quit describing your wine club as elite.  both options available to you.

He never said his wine club was elite.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2013, 11:40:24 AM »

The doesn't sound very first world. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2013, 11:41:59 AM »

The doesn't sound very first world.

I dunno, a first world office blocks access to turntable.fm right?  (Mine doesn't, but still.)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2013, 11:44:04 AM »

He never said his wine club was elite.

great point, i should have referenced a shitty wine club that sells elite wine. 
elite wine drinkers buy their elite wine direct.

Offline SEK_EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2013, 11:54:57 AM »
Just went to get a coffee and had to put water in the Keurig.

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2013, 11:58:50 AM »
The wifi on our heliskiing trip this spring was NIGHTMARISHLY slow.  Get your crap together people.  I won't be signing your guestbook next year. 

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2013, 12:17:17 PM »
My roommate has an espresso machine that came with a can of mocha chowder to enhance the espresso experience.  This morning I couldn't find the mocha chowder so I had to drink a regular flavored espresso.  So peeved
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2013, 12:49:25 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/carnival-life-savings-135411650.html
"For once in my life I happened to become that sucker."

Seems highly unlikely that it will be the last time.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2013, 01:00:40 PM »

A lot of them I visited did not know they could ship to Kansas.  It's only been legal for a couple years I think.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2013, 01:02:40 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/carnival-life-savings-135411650.html
"For once in my life I happened to become that sucker."

Seems highly unlikely that it will be the last time.

this was my favorite line as well. great piece of writing to end with it, as well.  :lol:
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2013, 01:07:16 PM »

A lot of them I visited did not know they could ship to Kansas.  It's only been legal for a couple years I think.

yes, it's only been since 2009, but you should make them ship to ks.  they're just being lazy and shitting on residents of your state and making you drive down to the UPS facility on james street in kcmo.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2013, 01:07:43 PM »
I get baseballs hit into part of my back yard all the rough ridin' time, because there is a baseball practice area across the street.

Last week, when my mower guy was mowing my lawn, his mower launched one of those baseballs at super sonic speed, and it blew a hole THROUGH my privacy fence and directly through my neighbor's window.

On the upside, I get loads of free baseballs.