Author Topic: First Openly Gay Athlete (in a major sport)  (Read 48457 times)

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: First Openly Gay Athlete (in a major sport)
« Reply #475 on: May 06, 2013, 09:40:22 AM »
OK, I now know why you argue every tiny little insignificant point to the death in paragraph form.  It's because you equate having a strong opinion and belittling everyone who doesn't share it with being a man.  Weird.
fight your own battle and stop hiding behind others, you coward.

:lol:  Where does one find the courage to debate their point of view to death on an internet message board?  Probably only in the midst of battle.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: May 06, 2013, 09:53:33 AM »
The Bible translation topic is really idiotic, by the way. Showcases a (somewhat) baffling lack of knowledge.[/color][/font][/size][/b]

Agreed.  Tell fun muffin
Spoken like people who are uneducated and are trying to duck the point.

Come again professor?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: May 06, 2013, 09:57:51 AM »
OK, I now know why you argue every tiny little insignificant point to the death in paragraph form.  It's because you equate having a strong opinion and belittling everyone who doesn't share it with being a man.  Weird.
fight your own battle and stop hiding behind others, you coward.

:lol:  Where does one find the courage to debate their point of view to death on an internet message board?  Probably only in the midst of battle.

:rolleyes: no one should feel obligated to express an opinion, the cowardly act comes from admonishing others opinions while trying to seem above the fray

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: May 06, 2013, 10:09:30 AM »
i would like a resident bible-beater to address same-sex relationships in the animal world (because animals don't have logic and reasoning skills, so they can't really choose to be anything)

seems to point to genetics, which would mean that they were born that way. 

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: May 06, 2013, 10:11:53 AM »
i would like a resident bible-beater to address same-sex relationships in the animal world (because animals don't have logic and reasoning skills, so they can't really choose to be anything)

I'll take this.

Animals are going to hell. They break 3-4 commandments per day.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: May 06, 2013, 10:18:10 AM »

I'll take this.

Animals are going to hell. They break 3-4 commandments per day.

At least.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: May 06, 2013, 10:29:02 AM »
Behold, a message from a Kansas State student who has found JOY

This is his testimony 

Perhaps your hearts will be enlightened. 

I just watched that first four minutes but that was pretty rough ridin' sad.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
First Openly Gay Athlete (in a major sport)
« Reply #482 on: May 06, 2013, 10:33:23 AM »
very sad

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: May 06, 2013, 10:36:32 AM »

This is his testimony 

i know a girl (college freshman, i believe) who is an evangelical minister's daughter.  she's also a lesbian.  when he found out her jr year of high school that she had a girlfriend, he made her apologize to the church and shamed the crap out of her.  guess what?  she's still a lesbian, but she has to hide it, of course.

the same assholes like muffin and pw who say they "love the sinner, not the sin" are the same dumbasses who lined up at chic fil a out of hatred for another group of human beings.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: May 06, 2013, 10:39:00 AM »

This is his testimony 

That guy is totally gay for Jesus.

Offline salcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: May 06, 2013, 10:41:41 AM »
VERY fearful of the Lord

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: May 06, 2013, 10:47:24 AM »
god has too much free time if he's running around worrying about some of the stuff you guys say he is. jmo.

Online 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: May 06, 2013, 10:55:30 AM »

This is his testimony 

scary, really

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: May 06, 2013, 11:23:24 AM »
Just watched the first 4 min myself and he is still as gay as he was when he described himself as a younger person.  He says so right about the 3:20min mark.  Still gay, just absolutely terrified that if he doesn't suppress his desires that he will be kicked out of the club.

Sad as crap.

Live a tormented life and deny yourself the love that comes first nature to you so that you can be less afraid of what won't happen in the afterlife anyway.  What's funny is that ppl like this are denying themselves who they are to help avoid hell.  Yet they are living in hell to do so. 

Also, there is no hell.

Seriously, watching another human twist in the wind like this is part of what makes me angry about organized religion.

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: May 06, 2013, 12:45:16 PM »
Lol at believers requiring conclusive evidence.

I find the Bible to be quite reliable actually.

http://carm.org/archaeological-evidence-verifying-biblical-cities

No archaeological discovery has ever contradicted the Bible.

How about geology and biology?

Could you please be a little more specific, and I will gladly research these issues.

Length of time the earth has existed, flood, evolution, dinosaurs and humans co-existing, etc.

the evolution/creation debates based on the creation accounts in Genesis are misguided. fundamentalist christianity has done itself and everyone else a disservice by refusing to consider anything but a literal 6 day creation. the early church fathers held several different views concerning how old the world was, whether or not Genesis was to be taken literally, etc.. most did not adhere to the literal 6 day creation view.

well, the book of exodus is a manufactured story to try to fit the history of the jewish people into the prophesies/timeline of genesis. I mean, the jews were never enslaved in Egypt. that may be one of the "archaeology" proving the bible wrong things fun muffin was talking about but it may just be history proving it wrong. then they stretched the average jewish lifespan to around 150 years to try to fit it into the calendar. once you do that much work to try to validate older stories by creating new ones you can't just pitch it all.

first time i've heard this. got any links?
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: May 06, 2013, 12:50:44 PM »

Could you please be a little more specific, and I will gladly research these issues.

Length of time the earth has existed, flood, evolution, dinosaurs and humans co-existing, etc.

the evolution/creation debates based on the creation accounts in Genesis are misguided. fundamentalist christianity has done itself and everyone else a disservice by refusing to consider anything but a literal 6 day creation. the early church fathers held several different views concerning how old the world was, whether or not Genesis was to be taken literally, etc.. most did not adhere to the literal 6 day creation view.

well, the book of exodus is a manufactured story to try to fit the history of the jewish people into the prophesies/timeline of genesis. I mean, the jews were never enslaved in Egypt. that may be one of the "archaeology" proving the bible wrong things fun muffin was talking about but it may just be history proving it wrong. then they stretched the average jewish lifespan to around 150 years to try to fit it into the calendar. once you do that much work to try to validate older stories by creating new ones you can't just pitch it all.

no, but I'm sure PW or fun muffin can confirm that it says in Exodus that the Jews (I believe it asserts every single one of them actually) were enslaved in Egypt. They can probably confirm that it claims they all lived to be about 150 years old too. unless their bibles are different than the one i grew up with.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: May 06, 2013, 12:51:44 PM »

no, but I'm sure PW or fun muffin can confirm that it says in Exodus that the Jews (I believe it asserts every single one of them actually) were enslaved in Egypt. They can probably confirm that it claims they all lived to be about 150 years old too. unless their bibles are different than the one i grew up with.

don't forget that adam of adam & eve fame lived to be like 900 years old.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: May 06, 2013, 12:54:56 PM »

Sorry to break it to you SD, but fun muffin has a new revised bible that adds words when it feels like, so it's probably not the same.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: May 06, 2013, 01:00:54 PM »

How old did steve of adam and steve live to be?

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: May 06, 2013, 01:02:09 PM »

How old did steve of adam and steve live to be?

50, then he succumbed to AIDS

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: May 06, 2013, 01:05:52 PM »
I did a google search of "why did people in the bible live to be so old". This was the best answer on Yahoo Answers.

if you look at the age of people before and after the flood you see a huge differnece, after the flood there is a dramatic decrease in the age people lived to, it went from deing 400, 500, 600 hundred to beign around the hundred mark. there are a variety of reasons, but i think the most likly one is that afetr the flood there was climatic change, adn this was detrimental to human life,(incidently this may also have been when dinosaurs became extinct)
if they were blessed becasue they were following God, no not neccisarliy, there was plenty of people who lived a long tiem who wrent Godly and vice versa. Josaih only lived to his 40's and he was a very Godly man

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: May 06, 2013, 01:08:51 PM »
I did a google search of "why did people in the bible live to be so old". This was the best answer on Yahoo Answers.

if you look at the age of people before and after the flood you see a huge differnece, after the flood there is a dramatic decrease in the age people lived to, it went from deing 400, 500, 600 hundred to beign around the hundred mark. there are a variety of reasons, but i think the most likly one is that afetr the flood there was climatic change, adn this was detrimental to human life,(incidently this may also have been when dinosaurs became extinct)
if they were blessed becasue they were following God, no not neccisarliy, there was plenty of people who lived a long tiem who wrent Godly and vice versa. Josaih only lived to his 40's and he was a very Godly man

That person should be put down (humanely of course) like a sick dog, JFC  :facepalm:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: May 06, 2013, 01:11:09 PM »

mold exposure post flood. 

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: May 06, 2013, 01:11:21 PM »

That person should be put down (humanely of course) like a sick dog, JFC  :facepalm:

Maybe you prefer this explanation.

Creation starts with a perfect world, perfect conditions, and perfect humans with no genetic mutations.
Paleontology has shown that there was 50% more oxygen in the pre-flood world, as well as twice the air pressure.
The "canopy theory" of water or ice surrounding the pre-flood globe would also block all UV rays and x-rays from the sun that cause us to age so rapidly. Things were a lot different before the flood.
After the flood life spans began to drop off dramatically.
I've heard variations of this explanation given by some very qualified scientists, and it makes the best sense given all the evidence.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: May 06, 2013, 01:14:34 PM »
global warming