Author Topic: First Openly Gay Athlete (in a major sport)  (Read 47397 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: First Openly Gay Athlete (in a major sport)
« Reply #675 on: May 08, 2013, 02:52:59 AM »
The funniest part of the gay debate are people who didn't previously give a damn about civil rights that get all huffy about comparing the battle for civil rights to that of the battle of human rights for gays.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: May 08, 2013, 08:16:54 AM »
If Todd Akin has taught me anything, it's that those girls weren't really raped. I mean they had babies.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: May 08, 2013, 09:11:43 AM »
If Todd Akin has taught me anything, it's that those girls weren't really raped. I mean they had babies.

So far, only one has been confirmed, I believe.

That's right guys, we could still be possibly looking at two girls that were raped.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: May 08, 2013, 09:12:51 AM »
wtf are you guys talking about?

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: May 08, 2013, 11:34:31 AM »
wtf are you guys talking about?
thread merger/confusion. it's annoying.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: May 08, 2013, 12:44:54 PM »
Imagine how much we'd learn about sin if there was gay rape involved instead.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: May 10, 2013, 01:06:28 AM »
The Warriors will probably take a long, hard look at him.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: May 10, 2013, 01:10:36 AM »
The Warriors will probably take a long, hard look at him.

:blank:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: May 10, 2013, 02:06:02 AM »
i think think of sexuality kind of like i think of hand dominance. vast majority are right handed (straight) a few are ambidextrous (bi) and some are left (gay/lesbian). being anything but right handed is probably harder (left handed scissors? gmafb). also, i never recall choosing to be right handed and i never remember choosing to be attracted to females so i think you're just predisposed one way or the other. 

i also think that anyone who runs around caring about something as insignificant as what hand someone chooses to write with is weird just like i think someone who cares about whether some guy wants to make out with another guy is weird. like, you're the rough ridin' weirdo in the situation bro. running around caring deeply about things like what hand someone wants to throw a ball with and whether or not some woman wants to grab the boobs of another woman vs the balls of some guy or whatever. just such a weird thing to care so much about i guess.

As an ambidextrous dude, does this mean I need to start banging some dudes to even things out?  If so, can it be James Franco or will that just mess things up even more?  I'd also do Tom Hardy, if need be.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: May 20, 2013, 12:21:37 PM »
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1644155-brittney-griner-asked-by-former-baylor-coach-to-keep-quiet-about-sexuality

Former Baylor Lady Bears basketball superstar Brittney Griner was told to be publicly mum about her sexuality by her head coach, Kim Mulkey, because it was believed to be harmful to recruiting and reflect badly on the program.

It was more of a unwritten law [to not discuss your sexuality] ... it was just kind of, like, one of those things, you know, just don't do it. They kind of tried to make it, like, "Why put your business out on the street like that?"

I told Coach [Mulkey] when she was recruiting me. I was like, "I'm gay. I hope that's not a problem," and she told me that it wasn't. I mean, my teammates knew, obviously they all knew. Everybody knew about it.

Baptist uni decides that they want a gay athlete.  Rather than trying to change her, they just told her to not publicize it.   Result: not a problem.   Official christian practice: gays need help and prayer to change and suppress homosexuality unless they are super good at basketball, then they just need to keep quiet about it.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: May 20, 2013, 02:26:34 PM »
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1644155-brittney-griner-asked-by-former-baylor-coach-to-keep-quiet-about-sexuality

Former Baylor Lady Bears basketball superstar Brittney Griner was told to be publicly mum about her sexuality by her head coach, Kim Mulkey, because it was believed to be harmful to recruiting and reflect badly on the program.

It was more of a unwritten law [to not discuss your sexuality] ... it was just kind of, like, one of those things, you know, just don't do it. They kind of tried to make it, like, "Why put your business out on the street like that?"

I told Coach [Mulkey] when she was recruiting me. I was like, "I'm gay. I hope that's not a problem," and she told me that it wasn't. I mean, my teammates knew, obviously they all knew. Everybody knew about it.

Baptist uni decides that they want a gay athlete.  Rather than trying to change her, they just told her to not publicize it.   Result: not a problem.   Official christian practice: gays need help and prayer to change and suppress homosexuality unless they are super good at basketball, then they just need to keep quiet about it.

Baylor would do absolutely anything under the sun to win. 

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: May 20, 2013, 03:19:45 PM »

Baylor would do absolutely anything under the sun to win.

I could see Drew faking being gay to get a few players. They are desperate right now.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #688 on: May 20, 2013, 09:15:45 PM »
You know what would make this guy a brave hero?

Coming out as a tea party conservative.   :horrorsurprise:  Facing the persecution and government oppression head on to raise awareness and opposition against the disgusting bigotry instilled in our society and bureaucracy.  :love:
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: May 20, 2013, 10:54:12 PM »

Coming out as a tea party conservative.   :horrorsurprise:  Facing the persecution and government oppression head on to raise awareness and opposition against the disgusting bigotry instilled in our society and bureaucracy.  :love:

Except there are plenty tea partiers who are out.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #690 on: May 21, 2013, 09:19:00 AM »

Except there are plenty tea partiers who are out.

An active participant in one of the 4 major men's sports???

Who are these brave heros?
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: May 26, 2013, 10:15:18 PM »
Fwiw with Robbie Rodgers activated and on the bench tonight he becomes the first openly gay male in a top flight North American Pro Sports League. Major professional sport is up to debate with what individuals classify the MLS as.

Just thought I would drop this off here.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Re: First Openly Gay Athlete (in a major sport)
« Reply #694 on: June 21, 2013, 08:11:24 AM »
http://boingboing.net/2013/06/20/christian-gay-cure-group-a.html

That's quite a turnaround. Good for them.

yeah, I wonder what caused it. hopefully not lawsuits from familys of dead teens.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: June 21, 2013, 09:20:16 AM »
it's a give-and-take thing.  Tebow suddenly gets to be the starting TE for the Patriots, so they had to give something back to the other team.  (no pun intended)

Offline meSACKwilliams

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: July 03, 2013, 02:08:12 PM »
it's a give-and-take thing.  Tebow suddenly gets to be the starting TE for the Patriots, so they had to give something back to the other team.  (no pun intended)

I smell a Tebow scheme with some divine intervention

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: July 06, 2013, 10:14:41 AM »
http://boingboing.net/2013/06/20/christian-gay-cure-group-a.html

That's quite a turnaround. Good for them.

yeah, I wonder what caused it. hopefully not lawsuits from familys of dead teens.

Obviously take these "changes in heart" with an incredible grain of salt. I doubt there's much else too it than at quick look at polls, which show that these groups will quickly fade into oblivioin if they don't at the very least admit what we all already know; that these cure groups promote nothing but wrecked lives. Doesn't mean they won't try to find other "solutions" to their gay problem
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 10:19:46 AM by Benja »