Author Topic: First Openly Gay Athlete (in a major sport)  (Read 48808 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: First Openly Gay Athlete (in a major sport)
« Reply #300 on: May 04, 2013, 12:02:48 AM »
hey muffin and PW how do you guys feel about OWNING SLAVES!!!!!11!!!!11!!!11

I don't think they will answer questions of this nature. I asked them about interracial relationships and shaving their beards and I've yet to hear a response.

Both Poetwarrior and I said there is no evidence in the Bible that prohibits interracial relationships.

There's no evidence in the bible of condemnation of homosexuality either but, like with interracial relationships, hell even people of different races interacting, some cite scripture to defend their personal stances.

The bible absolutely states that you cannot shave your beard but I'm guessing that hasn't stopped you and the bible scholar poet warrior from doing so.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #301 on: May 04, 2013, 07:49:01 AM »
A google search of "categoricalizing" has this thread as its #2 result. Grats FSD, the joke is on the rest of us imbeciles and nitwits. Lets shoot for #1.

I'm just pleased to have taught you 1 and maybe 2 new words. #progress

goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 04, 2013, 10:00:43 AM »

I don't think they will answer questions of this nature. I asked them about interracial relationships and shaving their beards and I've yet to hear a response.

Both Poetwarrior and I said there is no evidence in the Bible that prohibits interracial relationships.

There's no evidence in the bible of condemnation of homosexuality either but, like with interracial relationships, hell even people of different races interacting, some cite scripture to defend their personal stances.

The bible absolutely states that you cannot shave your beard but I'm guessing that hasn't stopped you and the bible scholar poet warrior from doing so.

1 Cor. 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

Rom. 1:26-28, "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. 28 And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper."

This verse is follow up to Romans 1:26-28 - "...and, although they know the ordinance of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, they not only do the same, but also give hearty approval to those who practice them," (Rom. 1:32).

Genesis 1:28, Homosexuality cannot carry out God's command to subdue the earth.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
First Openly Gay Athlete (in a major sport)
« Reply #303 on: May 04, 2013, 10:09:20 AM »
Jesus rough ridin' Christ

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 04, 2013, 10:09:44 AM »

Yes the Bible says that.  However, Jesus came to fulfill the law.  The whole point of laws like this and the ten commandments is to show that man is sinful, and to show to humans our need for a savior.  But people who believe in Jesus are no longer under the law, but under grace.  This beard shaving law is not mentioned in the new testament, unlike homosexuality which is condemned in both testaments.

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 04, 2013, 10:11:54 AM »
Steve Dave, MIR, everyone, feel free to explain how after reading those passages that the Bible doesn't condemn homosexuality.

I would change my position if you provided biblical evidence for me to change. 

Your friend,

fun muffin

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 04, 2013, 10:15:00 AM »
What makes the Bible so great is that you can pick and choose the parts you want to follow and use the rest to persecute people different from you.

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 04, 2013, 10:18:39 AM »
What makes the Bible so great is that you can pick and choose the parts you want to follow and use the rest to persecute people different from you.

Homosexuality is mentioned multiple times in both testaments. 

Beard trimming gets one verse, in the old testament which Jesus has died for.  I think goEMAW doesn't understand the grace component of what Jesus has done for us. 

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 04, 2013, 10:24:11 AM »

Beard trimming gets one verse, in the old testament which Jesus has died for.  I think goEMAW doesn't understand the grace component of what Jesus has done for us.

More on this:  In the Old Testament, keeping The Law was necessary in order to be right with God, but not so in the New Testament.  This is because Jesus fulfilled all the requirements of keeping The Law, and we are right with God by faith in what Christ did, not what we do (Rom. 4:1-5; 5:1).  So, God does change his procedures between the Old and New Testament, but he does so based upon the work of Christ.  The same work does not invalidate the condemnation of homosexuality.  Because the new testament still condemns homosexuality in the passages i have posted.

(part of that was from that website michigancat)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: First Openly Gay Athlete (in a major sport)
« Reply #309 on: May 04, 2013, 10:29:03 AM »

like I was saying....

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 04, 2013, 10:31:11 AM »

like I was saying....

see post above.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 04, 2013, 10:41:48 AM »
Why do people still, in 2013, care about what this work of hateful, exclusive fiction says?
:adios:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 04, 2013, 10:56:09 AM »
Why do people still, in 2013, care about what this work of hateful, exclusive fiction says?

It justifies/validates one's internal fear, bigotry, hate, etc.  In short, it is a convenience that keeps ppl from having to understand themselves and those around them.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 04, 2013, 11:06:03 AM »

The Bible is anything but hateful.  If you give me the time, and if you truly listen without hardening heart against what I have to say then hopefully, you will be able to experience and know the joy that I have.  I have never in my lifetime hated or persecuted a gay person, and I will never do such a despicable thing.  You all say that I have, but I haven't.  I genuinely care for people, and want them to know that joy that I have.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 04, 2013, 11:48:50 AM »
Fan muffin would have fit in fantastic with the Romans

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
First Openly Gay Athlete (in a major sport)
« Reply #315 on: May 04, 2013, 11:56:07 AM »
being gay is wrong

source: bible

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 04, 2013, 12:02:29 PM »
Pw would have been with the temple priests condemning jesus

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 04, 2013, 12:11:39 PM »
Fun muffin, I think you probably lead a pretty good life, and if it weren't for your choice to practice religiousality I would accept you as you are. I will send thoughts your way so that hopefully you will see the error in your ways and give them up to experience temporary bliss
:adios:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 04, 2013, 02:29:53 PM »
being gay is wrong

Don't ever shave

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #319 on: May 04, 2013, 02:32:03 PM »
I could definitely live by a code that didn't require me to shave.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 04, 2013, 02:47:40 PM »
I could definitely live by a code that didn't require me to shave.

So what is stopping you?  Get your bible on, bruh.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 04, 2013, 03:22:31 PM »

1 Cor. 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

Rom. 1:26-28, "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. 28 And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper."

This verse is follow up to Romans 1:26-28 - "...and, although they know the ordinance of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, they not only do the same, but also give hearty approval to those who practice them," (Rom. 1:32).

I'm not sure who's version of the bible you're using. But first of all the word homosexual was not used before 1892 so God didn't say anything about "homosexuals." The word homosexual does not appear in King James version of the bible, the most widely accepted version. So whatever you are using is some perverse interpretation. For instance in your first verse, the word that appears in the KJV is "effeminate." There are effeminate heterosexuals, so I'm not sure how effeminate equals homosexual.

Also every version of Genesis 1:28 reads: And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. It's actually one of the most quoted verses in the bible, I'm not sure how you thought you could pass off some Westboro Baptist Church interpretation as real, shame on you fun muffin.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 04, 2013, 03:24:51 PM »
A google search of "categoricalizing" has this thread as its #2 result. Grats FSD, the joke is on the rest of us imbeciles and nitwits. Lets shoot for #1.

I'm just pleased to have taught you 1 and maybe 2 new words. #progress

Don't undersell yourself, I have a quite limited vocabulary to begin with, apparently you taught the entire English speaking world a new word. Grats :thumbsup:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 04, 2013, 03:35:30 PM »
So pick and choose the parts you like, make up the others?

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 04, 2013, 04:27:27 PM »

I'm not sure who's version of the bible you're using. But first of all the word homosexual was not used before 1892 so God didn't say anything about "homosexuals." The word homosexual does not appear in King James version of the bible, the most widely accepted version. So whatever you are using is some perverse interpretation. For instance in your first verse, the word that appears in the KJV is "effeminate." There are effeminate heterosexuals, so I'm not sure how effeminate equals homosexual.

Also every version of Genesis 1:28 reads: And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. It's actually one of the most quoted verses in the bible, I'm not sure how you thought you could pass off some Westboro Baptist Church interpretation as real, shame on you fun muffin.

Sorry for the miscommunication on Genesis 1:28.  I was merely saying how homosexuality can't fulfill the command of that verse.  Of course I don't believe that's what the verse says.  My Bible (ESV) says essentially what yours says.  Also ESV is a highly regarded Bible and commonly used worldwide.

And since you like this version, here is King James for Romans 1:27 - And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Seems to me that the King James version agrees with the ESV that burning with lust toward a member of the same sex is frowned upon by the Bible.

I don't go to Westboro, I go to your standard Evangelical church that is common in this country.