Author Topic: one year delayed, eh cap'n?  (Read 221368 times)

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: one year delayed, eh cap'n?
« Reply #1725 on: May 28, 2014, 05:09:50 PM »
I think a fun part to play would be leti's lawyer. What a crazy douce-nozzle of a guy

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: May 28, 2014, 05:10:29 PM »
WTF are you talking about MIR?  My new found disdain for the policy?   What? 

Again, you're just weird.

well you can save me some time

Now you're like, "Currie was hampered by this terrible policy" but looking back all I can find are reasons why K-State shouldn't allow transfers at all. Can you help me, as fun as this is I don't want to read this all day. my daughter has t-ball in an hour.

Some things are said with a degree of jest, nor do I recall ever saying K-State shouldn't allow any transfers with any degree of seriousness.   I've clearly said again and again that K-State should never grant any immediate transfers in situations like Romero's.   Multiple very smart people clearly weren't believing Leti Romero's story some weeks ago . . . again, that's the case unless you believe the conspiracy about Bosco and company being puppets of Currie.   I readily admit to being off in my understanding of the timeline of events, a situation made worse by the fact that CC agreed with the timeline as I laid it out a few pages ago.   But that still doesn't change my thoughts on delaying approval of transfer requests in situations like this one, and I have clearly said K-State did make mistakes and I've said again and again that ultimately Romero should be granted her release regardless.  That release coming with or without restrictions would be predicated on whether tampering or shopping or other shenanigans did or didn't occur.

There's probably plenty more to this story that we'll likely never know.   Some of which would make K-State look even worse and some of which likely caused certain parties to breath a huge sigh of relief in that certain information will likely never be revealed by any official source.

As a sidenote, I do find it amusing that some people are actually upset that Romero was restricted from transfer to other Big 12 Schools.   Talk about reaching far and wide to find something to be upset about.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: May 28, 2014, 05:12:04 PM »
Or leti's handler/translator person. You can be all like intense foreign guy that has a general distrust of American's

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: May 28, 2014, 05:12:32 PM »
http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=27475.775

nothing really to do with this stuff but a pretty good dax/beems/bread/spracne exchange

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: May 28, 2014, 05:16:52 PM »
As a sidenote, I do find it amusing that some people are actually upset that Romero was restricted from transfer to other Big 12 Schools.   Talk about reaching far and wide to find something to be upset about.

I'm not outraged about it, actually I didn't even think about it until you mentioned it but you can certainly see the hypocrisy in not allowing her to transfer to another conference school when we just took our coach from another conference school, right? Just another case of the schools and the coaches having far more rights than their workers.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: May 28, 2014, 05:25:43 PM »

I'm not outraged about it, actually I didn't even think about it until you mentioned it but you can certainly see the hypocrisy in not allowing her to transfer to another conference school when we just took our coach from another conference school, right? Just another case of the schools and the coaches having far more rights than their workers.

Well maybe so.    I would add that sometimes these rules are put into place because individuals abuse the system, and if those rules weren't in place there are coaches, handlers, agents,  parents, student-athletes etc. etc. who would continue the recruitment process (far beyond the tampering that we know goes on today) all the way until eligibility was exhausted.   To say that wouldn't occur would show a fundamental misunderstanding of what occurs in the world of college athletes and/or just a flat out denial of reality.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: May 28, 2014, 05:41:51 PM »
regardless of leti's situation with k-state cats, now is not the time to let our rage be quelled. 

we all (some of us) must stand up against student athlete's unfair treatment which hasn't changed and the ultimate devil, the rabid fans to whom they play the role of indentured servant and whom benefit the most from the oppression which has united us all here at goE.  stay strong brothers.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: May 28, 2014, 05:59:46 PM »
all agreed that wacky plays the roll of the cleric?  It's anonymous then.   
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: May 28, 2014, 07:39:05 PM »
Maybe a follow up is in order?

It's too bad she's already or imminently gone from Manhattan.  I feel we could do a much better Q&A during a PAK than over twitter.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: May 28, 2014, 07:39:45 PM »
There's probably plenty more to this story that we'll likely never know.   Some of which would make K-State look even worse and some of which likely caused certain parties to breath a huge sigh of relief in that certain information will likely never be revealed by any official source.

ITK!

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: May 28, 2014, 07:42:08 PM »
Dax should be Bosco. Trim should be Currie.

I want to be #oscar.  Even if he wasn't at the actual hearing, this reenactment should also have an entertainment aspect, and #oscar = entertainment.

It will be a small part.  You will open the door (we need sound effects guys like they have on Prairie Home Companion, btw) and start to ask if this is the room to request admission for a new transfer prospect, but everyone in the room immediately cuts you off and is like "GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE..."

#oscar ain't getting cut off until I run out of breath.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: May 28, 2014, 08:48:45 PM »

Dax should be Bosco. Trim should be Currie.

I want to be #oscar.  Even if he wasn't at the actual hearing, this reenactment should also have an entertainment aspect, and #oscar = entertainment.

It will be a small part.  You will open the door (we need sound effects guys like they have on Prairie Home Companion, btw) and start to ask if this is the room to request admission for a new transfer prospect, but everyone in the room immediately cuts you off and is like "GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE..."

#oscar ain't getting cut off until I run out of breath.

OK.  oscar knocks at the door, is told to come in.  They sit there.  He knocks AGAIN.  They yell "WHAT???"

oscar pops his head in through the crack in the door, and goes "Oh, hey guys!  HI PAT!!! So, I was wondering if...(drones on until out of breath).  oscar inhales.  Currie says "LEAVE.  NOW." 

oscar quickly says "OK, sorry.  Bye guys.  BYE PAT!!" Currie yells at the top of his lungs "LEAVE!"

How's that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: May 28, 2014, 09:25:25 PM »
that won't be enough words from trim to get warmed up imo

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: May 28, 2014, 09:41:41 PM »
Good question.   Maybe Romero wanted an immediate answer??   :dunno:   Maybe her tone wasn't as conciliatory, or maybe she didn't tell Currie what he wanted to hear the first time around?     :dunno:

Yes, Leti is the one that has demonstrated a consistent pattern of difficulty communicating with other humans.
What do you expect.  She's a fricken foreigner:D
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: May 28, 2014, 09:56:25 PM »
I could be the guy in charge of recording the hearing who forgets to bring the equipment.

Actually you brought it but had to record in secrecy
Hey wait, I am a notoriously bad speller.  I could record the transcript.  :excited:

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1740 on: May 28, 2014, 10:13:51 PM »

Well maybe so.    I would add that sometimes these rules are put into place because individuals abuse the system, and if those rules weren't in place there are coaches, handlers, agents,  parents, student-athletes etc. etc. who would continue the recruitment process (far beyond the tampering that we know goes on today) all the way until eligibility was exhausted.   To say that wouldn't occur would show a fundamental misunderstanding of what occurs in the world of college athletes and/or just a flat out denial of reality.
You do know one of the things the NCAA is trying to change is the waiting period for an athletic transfer to any D1 school.  They basically said that coaches do not have a restriction, so why should the student athlete be required too.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: May 28, 2014, 10:27:38 PM »

Nah, this gives me the ball and lets me run with it. 

(drones on until out of breath). 

Get ready to witness #acting.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: May 28, 2014, 10:32:33 PM »
i'm just glad we can all stop fretting over this boring and embarrassing topic. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: May 28, 2014, 10:33:33 PM »
And by run with the ball, I mean I'll actually be holding a basketball while doing my scene, and when I'm done talking I'll toss the ball in the air and it'll bounce off my chest and go rolling into the room with all the other actors just staring at me in disbelief.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: May 28, 2014, 10:47:52 PM »

And by run with the ball, I mean I'll actually be holding a basketball while doing my scene, and when I'm done talking I'll toss the ball in the air and it'll bounce off my chest and go rolling into the room with all the other actors just staring at me in disbelief.

Acting is doing without talking.  You are a natural.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #1745 on: May 28, 2014, 11:32:46 PM »

Nah, this gives me the ball and lets me run with it. 

(drones on until out of breath). 

Get ready to witness #acting.

I imagine Trim's #oscar rant will be on par with Patton Oswald's classic filibuster scene on Parks and Rec.

I'd pay to see that.  I really would.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: May 28, 2014, 11:40:25 PM »

Hmmmmm...

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: May 28, 2014, 11:49:09 PM »
i'm just glad we can all stop fretting over this boring and embarrassing topic. 

I know. It was such a bad story. Which is one of the reasons this re-enactment would be so funny.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #1748 on: May 29, 2014, 12:05:04 AM »

Hmmmmm...

"But the female part is a little underwritten so far, sir; I’d like to point that out."

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: May 29, 2014, 12:07:52 AM »

Hmmmmm...

"But the female part is a little underwritten so far, sir; I’d like to point that out."

Is that a hint of a monogram on oscar's cuff? If so... :facepalm: