Author Topic: one year delayed, eh cap'n?  (Read 218867 times)

Offline catz

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: one year delayed, eh cap'n?
« Reply #1775 on: June 02, 2014, 02:37:04 PM »
It seems the State of Kansas is good for lawyers who specialize in getting transfer requests moved through.   Why did these two former ku women's basketball players need legal representation?

http://rockchalkblog.com/2014/05/29/gonzalez-twins-used-legal-representation-to-get-released-from-scholarship-at-kansas/

Well according to the comments, that entire article has been proven to be made up bullshit and the author is a douche.  So I guess that resolves that.

Saw that, interesting.   So the whole thing is just a big misunderstanding and the twins didn't need to hire legal counsel?

We should say that about Leti as well...

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: June 02, 2014, 02:38:00 PM »
It seems the State of Kansas is good for lawyers who specialize in getting transfer requests moved through.   Why did these two former ku women's basketball players need legal representation?

http://rockchalkblog.com/2014/05/29/gonzalez-twins-used-legal-representation-to-get-released-from-scholarship-at-kansas/

Well according to the comments, that entire article has been proven to be made up bullshit and the author is a douche.  So I guess that resolves that.

Saw that, interesting.   So the whole thing is just a big misunderstanding and the twins didn't need to hire legal counsel?

We should say that about Leti as well...

Agreed

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: June 02, 2014, 05:58:21 PM »
This thing is on life support and dax won't sign the DNR......sad. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: June 03, 2014, 09:54:02 PM »
Martavious signed the DNR.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: June 03, 2014, 10:45:44 PM »

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: June 05, 2014, 03:49:39 AM »
http://www.swishappeal.com/2014/6/4/5762254/leticia-romero-kansas-state-jay-bilas-interview

I may look at this a little bit differently than some people
Nobody at Kansas State, and I mean nobody - I called the president, I called the AD, I called everyone in compliance, I called Dr. Pat Bosco, who's the chair of Appeals committee - I didn't get one call back, not one. Nobody would explain their procedures, not the case, but they wouldn't explain (their procedures). Like, I wanted to know how is this final and binding? Nobody would discuss it.

He is the absolute worst

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: June 05, 2014, 05:55:27 AM »
Jay gets paid in the mid 6 figures by an entity that makes billions and has gotten there on the back of uncompensated student athletes.   ESPN owes where it is today to college athletes.

ESPN pays conferences hundreds of millions of dollars every year, they fawn all over college coaches getting paid millions of dollars, and wine and dine AD's and conference commissioners.   Meanwhile student athletes might get books, tuition, a place to sleep and if they're lucky 3 squares a day.   Jay might want to start there if he really wants to crusade.

Maybe Jay can voluntarily forgo his ESPN salary and request that ESPN use it to start a foundation to support uncompensated student athletes.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: June 05, 2014, 12:48:53 PM »
Yeah Jay Bilas should shut his rough ridin' face until he starts giving people his own money. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline catz

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: June 05, 2014, 01:48:46 PM »
We are still talking about this?  :confused: :confused:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1785 on: June 05, 2014, 01:50:27 PM »
We are still talking about this?  :confused: :confused:

yes

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: June 05, 2014, 01:59:07 PM »

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: June 05, 2014, 02:05:30 PM »
Title IX bbs'n

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: June 05, 2014, 02:06:26 PM »
But not since it's in the mbb board. But fitting nonetheless.

Offline catz

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: June 05, 2014, 03:14:18 PM »
Title IX bbs'n

:dubious:  Does this mean we have to talk about our equestrian team too?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: June 05, 2014, 03:16:20 PM »
get out of here catz

Offline catz

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: June 05, 2014, 03:27:41 PM »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: June 05, 2014, 05:17:34 PM »
Yeah Jay Bilas should shut his rough ridin' face until he starts giving people his own money.

I didn't say he had to give any money he earns from his legal profession.  Just don't get out there and get up on your effing pulpit while pulling down $500K plus from an entity that made its bones off the back of unpaid student athletes.

This is not hard Chief Illiniwek

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: June 05, 2014, 05:56:03 PM »

I didn't say he had to give any money he earns from his legal profession.  Just don't get out there and get up on your effing pulpit while pulling down $500K plus from an entity that made its bones off the back of unpaid student athletes.

ESPN covers sports.  All kinds of sports, most of which aren't NCAA.  I don't really think your charge of hypocrisy against Mr. Bilas is particularly compelling, either.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: June 05, 2014, 06:01:59 PM »

ESPN covers sports.  All kinds of sports, most of which aren't NCAA.  I don't really think your charge of hypocrisy against Mr. Bilas is particularly compelling, either.

All you have to do is watch the 30 for 30 about the old Big East, it makes it abundantly clear that college sports was the driver that put ESPN in a position to do what they do today.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: June 05, 2014, 07:02:16 PM »

All you have to do is watch the 30 for 30 about the old Big East, it makes it abundantly clear that college sports was the driver that put ESPN in a position to do what they do today.

Sounds legit

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: June 05, 2014, 09:08:08 PM »
Yeah Jay Bilas should get the eff out of college sports before he starts talking about them.  Don't put your dick in the pie and tell me about the pie Jay Bilas. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: June 05, 2014, 10:01:32 PM »
It's one thing to get your dick out.  Subsequently putting it in a pie is crossing the line.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: June 05, 2014, 10:55:06 PM »
Yeah Jay Bilas should get the eff out of college sports before he starts talking about them.  Don't put your dick in the pie and tell me about the pie Jay Bilas.

I guess I'll never get why the Chief Illiniwek fan is so butthurt about this issue and John Currie.

Just . . . kind of . . . weird.

I didn't say Bilas should get the eff out of college sports.   

Here's a guy who gets paid $500K plus a year, who is surrounded by ESPN college sports talking heads who get paid 6 and 7 figure salaries at a network who pays conferences and schools millions of dollars every year.   A network that wines and dines coaches and commissioners who get paid 7 figure salaries.   A network that for years after it started didn't have major league pro sports and thus got to their position to be able to buy the rights to professional sports by broadcasting copious amounts of college sports.  College sports that had uncompensated student athletes.   So, like some others on here, I'm not buying Bilas' shtick, and if he's so concerned about the uncompensated mistreated college athlete he can put his money where his mouth is and take his ESPN salary and start a student athlete foundation.    If you can't get or understand that (and look I know Chief Illiniwek fan and Spracne got some plaudits from the local youngster Agendites and thus they need to feel they're part of the band as well) than you're just choosing to be dumb. 

It had to be said.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 10:58:23 PM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: June 06, 2014, 04:51:43 PM »

I guess I'll never get why the Chief Illiniwek fan is so butthurt about this issue and John Currie.

Just . . . kind of . . . weird.

I didn't say Bilas should get the eff out of college sports.   

Here's a guy who gets paid $500K plus a year, who is surrounded by ESPN college sports talking heads who get paid 6 and 7 figure salaries at a network who pays conferences and schools millions of dollars every year.   A network that wines and dines coaches and commissioners who get paid 7 figure salaries.   A network that for years after it started didn't have major league pro sports and thus got to their position to be able to buy the rights to professional sports by broadcasting copious amounts of college sports.  College sports that had uncompensated student athletes.   So, like some others on here, I'm not buying Bilas' shtick, and if he's so concerned about the uncompensated mistreated college athlete he can put his money where his mouth is and take his ESPN salary and start a student athlete foundation.    If you can't get or understand that (and look I know Chief Illiniwek fan and Spracne got some plaudits from the local youngster Agendites and thus they need to feel they're part of the band as well) than you're just choosing to be dumb. 

It had to be said.

i've been trying to pronounce this in my head for 5 minutes and i'm just stumped
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite