Author Topic: one year delayed, eh cap'n?  (Read 222715 times)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Re: one year delayed, eh cap'n?
« Reply #1700 on: May 28, 2014, 02:41:39 PM »
MIR should be Bosco w/ SDK as Leti.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: May 28, 2014, 02:44:31 PM »
Dax should be Bosco. Trim should be Currie.

I want to be #oscar.  Even if he wasn't at the actual hearing, this reenactment should also have an entertainment aspect, and #oscar = entertainment.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: May 28, 2014, 02:47:45 PM »
I wish I had the board clout to be involved, but if there is a secondary character opening I'm there.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: May 28, 2014, 03:00:40 PM »
I wish I had the board clout to be involved, but if there is a secondary character opening I'm there.

i'm trying out for the character of eye rolling janitor guy.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: May 28, 2014, 03:19:25 PM »

i'm trying out for the character of eye rolling janitor guy.

Dammit! All the good roles are getting taken!

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: May 28, 2014, 03:20:44 PM »
I could be the guy in charge of recording the hearing who forgets to bring the equipment.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: May 28, 2014, 03:24:40 PM »
I could be the guy in charge of recording the hearing who forgets to bring the equipment.

Actually you brought it but had to record in secrecy

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #1707 on: May 28, 2014, 03:39:26 PM »

Actually you brought it but had to record in secrecy

It would be better if he forgot it.  He could be the comedic sidekick to Bosco that seems to foul everything up.  Be Barney Fife to Bosco's Andy Griffith.

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #1708 on: May 28, 2014, 03:40:19 PM »
It would be better if he forgot it.  He could be the comedic sidekick to Bosco that seems to foul everything up.  Be Barney Fife to Bosco's Andy Griffith.

Roscoe to Bosco's Boss Hogg

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: May 28, 2014, 03:47:33 PM »
There should be no appeal process at all, just let the AD decide.   Take heavy handers like Pat Bosco out of the equation.

There should be no campus involvement whatsoever with athletics, remove all current members of the K-State Athletics Inc. Board of Directors that are employed by the academic side of the university and replace with outsiders, preferably major boosters.   The K-State Big 12 Faculty Rep should only be given to someone who acts solely as a mouthpiece of the athletic director.    Academic organizations seeking recognition at K-State athletic events should be forced to pay the full rack as any other commercial advertiser would be asked to pay.    No athletic department employees shall serve any dual roles as advisers, consultants, faculty members or staff et. al. of the university itself.

The Athletic Director shall remain a permanent voting member of the University President's cabinet into perpetuity, and shall hold voting roles on all relevant University boards/bodies. 

We want a university the athletic department can be proud of.

JFC Dax

:flush:

Hey, I'm just rollin with the Daris wall of separation.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1710 on: May 28, 2014, 04:07:59 PM »
i wonder why sams or they myriad of other players frank franked didn't get the same treatment.  oh well.  it's all water under the proverbial Big Time D1 Athletics bridge at this point.  eff IT!

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: May 28, 2014, 04:12:55 PM »
I wanna play the part of Jay Bilas's twitter account. I thought TRIM would do the best job, but he wants to be somebody else. I promise to do a great job.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: May 28, 2014, 04:16:21 PM »
So, what was the damage here?  Leti came out ahead.  I had the inconvenience of having to explain this PR catastrophe to everyone I came across because no one had heard of it.  Some of us encounter people who have heard of it and some these people, probably squawks, have additional ammo at their disposal during trash talk battles.  What else?

since the policy was changed there will be no damage

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: May 28, 2014, 04:29:52 PM »
I'm intrigued by dax's new found disdain for the transfer policy, so I decided to go back and find the posts of him mocking me for lashing out against the policy. In going back, one I discovered that the Leti component of this thread is now 56 pages, and two was this post the first one I saw when going back.

I know many of you jump at any opportunity to make John Currie look bad, but a word of caution: using the word of Leti Romero to do so here is not going to end up being a good look.

Now back to me finding posts of dax tying himself in knots with contradictions, that is if I don't get distracted with work in the interim.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: May 28, 2014, 04:32:50 PM »
Dax's distaste of the policy is palpable here

It'll only make K-State look bad and she'll still leave to the program that she wants to go to.  It also won't stop tampering in the future.  How is negative press for the KSU AD a deterrent to opposing programs tampering, particularly when they still get the player?  Unless Currie is going to get some cheaters outed and busted, then he just looks like an ineffectual little bitch.

This has been K-State policy for years and years, predating both UPKS and ADJC. It has been applied in numerous transfer cases, most of them you don't hear much about. The policy is mainly a way to protect the school from tampering and other situations -- the transfer is declined, the player appeals with a list of preferred schools to transfer to, the appeals board says yes or no to schools on the list, player leaves. That's how it goes.

In this case, someone in the ear of Leti recommended she contact members of the press to badmouth K-State. Suddenly, it's a "bad look for K-State". Yeah well no crap, because the player is saying it's a bad look.

K-State will probably make a statement once the appeals board rules, and will probably take the high road. But you can see how good Leti looks here just by reading Twitter comments of her teammates. And that's why siding with her without more info is probably a poor choice.

CC bringing it strong and righteously as always.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: May 28, 2014, 04:34:48 PM »
Not policy related but fun nonetheless

She's a rough ridin' person, not chattel you fucks.

Who can do whatever she wants, but certain things that she wants may have repercussions or implications as to when or if she gets to do them.  You know, kind of like, oh, . . . . life.

Plus, I know Too Cool for Schoolers aren't always the sharpest tack in the box when it comes to these scenarios because they'd rather be idiotic while appearing edgy.   But CC has a great point that K-State has to consider things like academic standing etc. etc.  If a player leaves and is not in good academic standing than that directly impacts APR.   That may not be an issue here, but it has to be considered every single time these cases come up, amongst many things.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: May 28, 2014, 04:35:52 PM »
The only reason most of you who are acting mad or upset about this,  is because it's Currie.

At some point in the past or at some point in the future, out of your mouth or keyboard, or in your mind you have or will say or think, "I don't give an eff about them, I only care about K-State."   You know it, I know it, we all know it.

So, spare us your faux disgust over this, and just admit you're only acting mad or upset because YOU think it's Currie driving all of this.

Godspeed John Currie and keep only looking out for the best interests of EMAW!!  Even if it means mountains of duplicity and/or hypocrisy!!

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: May 28, 2014, 04:36:13 PM »
WTF are you talking about MIR?  My new found disdain for the policy?   What? 

Again, you're just weird.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: May 28, 2014, 04:37:17 PM »
This tampering garbage that Currie is leaking out there is white noise that needs to be ignored because at best its hypocrisy.

First of all I'd like to address Currie leaking why they are blocking Romero's transfer, and leave no doubt they are leaking it; mixed-nutz came out and said it before cc hinted at it. I don't care what anyone thinks about Leti and the transfer, what should be disturbing to everyone are the lengths this administration will go to in avoiding any negative consequences of the calculated actions they take. If she was tampered with it only became an issue when they fired her coach and hired Mitte. So then they take some very minor fire and they cya by leaking info about the student before the appeal hearing. I say this in all sincerity, if you don't pause at the way the administration has handled even some of this, I question you as a person because you clearly see these athletes as something less than human.

Now to the tampering and the hypocrisy. They won't release players who have been potentially tampered with but they accept players who have been tampered with. We have to check the time line but I think UMaine announcing the transfer of Edwards was almost simultaneous with the announcement of him coming here. It's nearly impossible to take a transfer these days without taking to the player before he or she is officially released. As meister pointed out we hired Mittie when he was under contract as well. Didn't Weber say he had to re-recruit the players when he took the job? Why didn't he just sit on his couch if the AD is so protective of players during a coaching change?

This is a bad deal no matter what happens or who is at fault. Our athletic department looks petty and inconsistent.

Sorry, most of this is bullshit. K-State isn't avoiding negative consequences -- in case you've missed it, national media members like Jay Bilas have made negative tweets about K-State, and there's really no way to unring that bell. And K-State knows that. My guess is, they will make a statement that says she will transfer and be polite and take the high road, and take the momentary PR hit.

I'm not sure how else K-State could have handled this. As discussed earlier, K-State has had players transfer all the time, and you don't see much controversy about them. There's a big difference here, and it isn't in K-State's conduct -- it's the player.

The tampering isn't another school recruiting her, though that does happen all the time. In Leti's case you have the former staff using her as leverage, and convincing her that making K-State look like the big bad Establishment keeping the player down. I'm not sure that part of it is even that secret, even Fitz has got that part figured out, which should indicate how obvious it is.

And your last point, I repeat -- the non-release isn't about keeping players at the school, it is about making the school is protected from lots of possibilities when they leave.

i'm 100% sure that despite you making a well reasoned post containing very salient points, a certain very identifiable group here are going to ignore it all.  take from my post what you will.

i'm 100% sure that despite you making a well reasoned post containing very salient points, a certain very identifiable group here are going to ignore it all.  take from my post what you will.

Absolutely. A very predictable group.

pew pew

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #1719 on: May 28, 2014, 04:43:04 PM »
Oh look.  It's MIR doing MIR things...

:horrorsurprise:

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: May 28, 2014, 04:44:50 PM »
Bosco's really laying into him on cross ex.

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: May 28, 2014, 04:45:44 PM »
Dax should be Bosco. Trim should be Currie.

I want to be #oscar.  Even if he wasn't at the actual hearing, this reenactment should also have an entertainment aspect, and #oscar = entertainment.

It will be a small part.  You will open the door (we need sound effects guys like they have on Prairie Home Companion, btw) and start to ask if this is the room to request admission for a new transfer prospect, but everyone in the room immediately cuts you off and is like "GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE..."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: May 28, 2014, 04:48:42 PM »
Bosco would be difficult to play because one minute he's in gEmaw  :Woohoo:'fest Free Curt mode, and in the next minute he's all "talk to the hand" mode.

Maybe DeNiro?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: May 28, 2014, 04:54:12 PM »
WTF are you talking about MIR?  My new found disdain for the policy?   What? 

Again, you're just weird.

well you can save me some time

Now you're like, "Currie was hampered by this terrible policy" but looking back all I can find are reasons why K-State shouldn't allow transfers at all. Can you help me, as fun as this is I don't want to read this all day. my daughter has t-ball in an hour.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: May 28, 2014, 05:07:56 PM »
Maybe a follow up is in order?

Did the Angel comment ever get clarified?

No. From what I have gathered in this thread and on twitter, the investigation is ongoing and headed by Trim

:thumbs:

I'm stalled out at the moment.  Leti favorited my "Is Leti Romero on twitter..." thing Sunday.

I then got into a DM exchange with her after this:

Perfect, it's @LeticiaRomero95. Leti, I'm w/@goEMAW.com. Can we talk about Angel and his release?

https://twitter.com/TrimGoEMAW/status/458033086769283073

In hindsight, I may have been a bit too ethical in clarifying exactly what aspect of all this I cared about.  :frown:

I indicated I'd like to submit to her some questions that she could take her time answering.  Eventually, she said she didn't want to go public any further as of Sunday.  I guess there's a chance that maybe we could eventually still do it.

I'm with Daris re: Angel.  I am bothered that while it could be 100% true that Angel only formally requested a release after 12-13, that he wanted a release after 11-12 but was told before the formal request that he'd have to put in at least a year to get one, and then he didn't bother formally requesting it.  That was always what I took away from Leti's quote, and it's such an odd thing to have brought up, that I want to know everything about why it was said.  I don't get why none of the media types aren't insisting she clarify that whole thing if she ever wants them to run with the stuff she's providing them (you know, blackmail her). 

That's all I was trying to get before she was silenced.  Well that, and whatever non-Angel stuff you guys would've had me ask her.