Author Topic: one year delayed, eh cap'n?  (Read 218947 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: one year delayed, eh cap'n?
« Reply #825 on: April 22, 2014, 10:30:08 PM »
:surprised:

The damage is done. The refusal to grant the request of Leticia Romero has turned into a dumpster fire. So then, let it burn.

http://cjonline.com/sports/2014-04-22/kevin-haskin-k-state-should-stick-principles-regarding-transfer-request

? Still, is it worth forcing Romero, easily the Wildcats’ best player this past season as a freshman, to stay at K-State against her will?

? Is this controversy worthwhile for new coach Jeff Mittie and the image he wants to craft for the K-State program?

? Sure seems that in the past, there has been considerable turnover in the K-State basketball programs involving players whom coaches wanted out.

? Now that a good player wants to leave, the transfer is denied.

pew pew pew pew

The people who keep thinking these things don't matter will continue to either ignore these points or will say it's only chick ball who cares.

People on both sides of this debate are using that argument.

Only crap-for-brains use this argument, but there are plenty of them though. This is less about Leti Romero and more about an institution exerting an unnecessary amount of power.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: April 22, 2014, 10:34:06 PM »
I'm so happy this is our only off season talking point for once. :ksu:

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: April 22, 2014, 10:37:47 PM »
Yeah, it's a lazy and misogynistic argument. I'm fine with schools and players using all the tools available to them to advance their own interests though, and it seems like that's what both sides are doing right now. Although, it would seem that K-State is losing this battle, so they should probably re-evaluate their strategy going forward.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline O-town Kat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: April 22, 2014, 11:17:11 PM »
Man were never going to win with the press on this stuff lets just run Krap while were at it and fire off the double birds at 'em.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: April 23, 2014, 07:41:10 AM »
Man were never going to win with the press on this stuff lets just run Krap while were at it and fire off the double birds at 'em.

Need Krap to "ask for a release" and then be over-the-top gracious in giving it to him.  Maybe throw him a going-away party in fOOD or something.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: April 23, 2014, 08:06:05 AM »
:D Missed a pretty sweet opportunity with that valentine candy, tho.

Fixed it for you. Enjoy!

Great job, ydarg.  You should consider going into a career in graphic design or marketing.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: April 23, 2014, 08:12:04 AM »
let her go

emaw poaching season and alll our players will get tampered with.

don't let her go.
we're safe from tampering.

clear choice

team captain crap

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: April 23, 2014, 08:34:00 AM »
3:30, 4:30  Fun times!

I'd forgotten just how insane that whole "presser" was. 

http://youtu.be/6o4MmayTwvQ?t=7m

:lol:

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: April 23, 2014, 08:44:47 AM »

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: April 23, 2014, 08:48:59 AM »
goE, the nation's premiere ncaa student athlete advocat bbs since leti romero lied about angel requesting a transfer, lied about being blackmailed, and connected herself to a butthurt former coach/player to play the role of trade bait.

this place really knows how to take a stand  :users:

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: April 23, 2014, 08:50:08 AM »
goE, the nation's premiere ncaa student athlete advocat bbs since leti romero lied about angel requesting a transfer, lied about being blackmailed, and connected herself to a butthurt former coach/player to play the role of trade bait.

this place really knows how to take a stand  :users:

#teamgroupthink

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: April 23, 2014, 08:51:05 AM »
LOL at and good job to somebody cutting off wefald before he could wefald.

http://youtu.be/B3LCFZkTQPw?t=6m28s

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: April 23, 2014, 12:05:41 PM »

We wouldn't have hired Huggins if he asked for a West Virginia clause in his contract? How stupid.

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: April 23, 2014, 01:24:47 PM »
He never expressed any desire to transfer until after the 2012-13 season.

this is either factually incorrect or a bald-faced lie.  take your pick w. regard to how well informed cc is.

Such a pickle. Fortunately for us, there is documentation of such things, and if one has access to such things, can easily tell which of us is correct. [Spoiler: it's not you.]

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: April 23, 2014, 02:07:17 PM »
cc is saying that there is not document saying ART asked for a transfer so it didn't happen/he didn't want one.

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #840 on: April 23, 2014, 02:07:52 PM »
Cannons fired from the poop deck... :bwpopcorn:

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: April 23, 2014, 02:13:41 PM »
I think we can all agree that there is no documentation that would show Angel formally/officially expressed a desire to transfer after 11-12.  #groupthink

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: April 23, 2014, 02:47:06 PM »
I have no documentation, so I can't dispute that.

Offline catz

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: April 23, 2014, 02:48:37 PM »
I think we can all agree that there is no documentation that would show Angel formally/officially expressed a desire to transfer after 11-12.  #groupthink

Are these the documents being shredded?  Maybe it is curry who is shredding documents...  :horrorsurprise:

Offline kostakio

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: April 23, 2014, 03:04:12 PM »
There are articles where Angel said he spent several weeks pondering a transfer but gave oscar a chance to re-recruit him.  oscar was quoted several times during this period saying he thought everybody was coming back but wasn't for sure on Angel.  It's pretty obvious that a transfer was discussed with Angel at some point in time after oscar was hired.   

It's just a matter of what he was told when he brought up the subject.  Somehow they convinced him to stay when nobody thought he was likely to do so.   So he stays and the year went about as well as it possibly could have for both him and the team.   Yet he decides to transfer anyway when everybody thought it was a dead issue. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: April 23, 2014, 03:09:14 PM »

Just finished watching all three parts, Tim Weiser is an embarrassing cry baby. It is ridiculous for a grown man to pine like that over another grown man. He acted like Huggins was his dad leaving the family for a stripper.

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: April 23, 2014, 03:15:17 PM »
There are articles where Angel said he spent several weeks pondering a transfer but gave oscar a chance to re-recruit him.  oscar was quoted several times during this period saying he thought everybody was coming back but wasn't for sure on Angel.  It's pretty obvious that a transfer was discussed with Angel at some point in time after oscar was hired.   

It's just a matter of what he was told when he brought up the subject.  Somehow they convinced him to stay when nobody thought he was likely to do so.   So he stays and the year went about as well as it possibly could have for both him and the team.   Yet he decides to transfer anyway when everybody thought it was a dead issue.

Well I guess I am confused. Was Sys saying that Angel had contemplated transferring at any point before 2012-13? Or was he saying that Angel had requested a transfer prior to 2012-13? If we are going to argue semantics we may be here a while.

My original statement was that Angel never expressed a desire to transfer prior to 2012-13. By that I meant, told oscar or a K-State admin that he was going to transfer. I apologize if I misunderstood Sys saying I was factually incorrect, or if my original statement was not clear.

You are correct, that Angel was re-recruited by oscar like the rest of the MBB roster after the coaching change.

And really, my original point was that no deal of staying/release was ever offered to Angel.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 03:20:02 PM by captaincrap »

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: April 23, 2014, 03:17:18 PM »

Are these the documents being shredded?  Maybe it is curry who is shredding documents...  :horrorsurprise:

Why would Currie shred the transfer request of Angel? K-State granted the release. It is part of NCAA paperwork.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: April 23, 2014, 03:18:20 PM »

AIN'T NO D'S*!!!!

*documents

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: April 23, 2014, 03:23:34 PM »
i wonder if currie made up false documents that showed angel requested a transfer when in reality, he didn't ever request one.  and then currie made up additional documents that actually transferred angel to miami without angel's consent or knowledge.  then, and this is where the scenario gets interesting, he began shredding the documents but used deb's fingerprints on the bag of shredded docs and the shredding machine in an effort to frame deb's staff for the leti tampering charge?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.