Author Topic: one year delayed, eh cap'n?  (Read 219055 times)

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: one year delayed, eh cap'n?
« Reply #675 on: April 22, 2014, 12:54:39 PM »
She never said that he requested one and was denied. Only that she was offered a deal and it was the same deal that was offered to Angel. I bet the deal was offered to Angel and he took it, knowing that he'd leave in a year after rod and jo were gone. i bet if angel would have filed, his would've been denied too. this is a big deal to me so let's all focus in on this for now.

Again, this is because Leti was instructed to bring up Angel, and was either given bad info or was being intentionally misled.

Angel first requested a transfer after the 2013 season, and it was granted. End of story.

You are welcome to keep digging because of her comment -- I can't think of a worse source of accurate info on Angel's transfer than Leti Romero, but knock yourself out I guess.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: April 22, 2014, 12:55:52 PM »
Aye Aye, Craptain

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: April 22, 2014, 12:58:02 PM »
Yeah, recruiting never ends even if you don't "allow tampering". And did I miss where allowing a player to transfer makes "tampering" legal.

Well yeah.

The message here is really "do your tampering like everyone else that is smart does it; quiet and behind the scenes. If you rub it in our faces or make it clear, we are going to do something about it."

but the thing is, this doesn't eff over Shalee, much. It really only fucks over Leti.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: April 22, 2014, 12:59:43 PM »
She never said that he requested one and was denied. Only that she was offered a deal and it was the same deal that was offered to Angel. I bet the deal was offered to Angel and he took it, knowing that he'd leave in a year after rod and jo were gone. i bet if angel would have filed, his would've been denied too. this is a big deal to me so let's all focus in on this for now.

Again, this is because Leti was instructed to bring up Angel, and was either given bad info or was being intentionally misled.

Angel first requested a transfer after the 2013 season, and it was granted. End of story.

You are welcome to keep digging because of her comment -- I can't think of a worse source of accurate info on Angel's transfer than Leti Romero, but knock yourself out I guess.

I don't give much weight to her comment, but what motivation would you have to be candid with us about that situation, anyway?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: April 22, 2014, 01:00:30 PM »
Yeah, recruiting never ends even if you don't "allow tampering". And did I miss where allowing a player to transfer makes "tampering" legal.

Well yeah.

The message here is really "do your tampering like everyone else that is smart does it; quiet and behind the scenes. If you rub it in our faces or make it clear, we are going to do something about it."

but the thing is, this doesn't eff over Shalee, much. It really only fucks over Leti.

It might cost Shalee a better job (or the job she wants). Its not like she's proven to be a great recruiter, she's only proven to be a great recruiter of Leti Romero via Skype. That's not real marketable if Leti doesn't come with her.

I'd imagine once Shalee is hired somewhere, Leti will be given a release that restricts her from going to that school and this will be over.

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: April 22, 2014, 01:02:59 PM »
I don't give much weight to her comment, but what motivation would you have to be candid with us about that situation, anyway?

Why wouldn't I be candid?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: April 22, 2014, 01:03:18 PM »
Fitz's column is free, FWIW. https://kansasstate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1634056

There is no new info in that, did he read my post because I said that 2 days ago? We are well aware that Shalee is dangling Leti, but what some people are continuing to neglect to address is that she doesn't want to be here, and Shalee is no longer here, why does John Currie or anyone else care about where she goes if she doesn't want to be here? Once you break up with your significant other you don't get to pick who she dates next.

On one hand people keep saying that we need to protect ourselves from this situation happening again but on the other hand they say this is a very unique case. If you have to fire coaches losing players should just be considered a consequence of that action.

No one said it wasn't going to be a consequence, but what AD wants a situation where if they fire a coach they just give the former coach free and open season on all the current players at the coaches former program to dangle in front of other perspective employers?    No AD is going to be make it that easy, particularly IF it was done in a blatant and overt fashion.    No AD worth two shits is going to just allow that to happen that easily.

Players following coaches is far from unusual. The AD should only care if a player wants to leave or stay, once a player decides to leave there is no reason for the AD to care, if there is a tampering concern use the NCAA and leave it alone.

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: April 22, 2014, 01:04:04 PM »
I'd imagine once Shalee is hired somewhere, Leti will be given a release that restricts her from going to that school and this will be over.

Not sure I would single out Shalee, but I agree with general statement. Dominoes will fall, and Leti will eventually be granted a restricted transfer release.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: April 22, 2014, 01:04:14 PM »
Serious question, why didn't Currie tweet this stuff 4 days ago when it was just a crap storm before it became a crap-a-cane.  We all saw it wasn't going away.  How many BB players that got Franked got realeased?  Surely an intern can go thru the paper work and come up with a stat like "over the last 3 years 85% of release requests have been granted" 4 days ago.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: April 22, 2014, 01:07:40 PM »

i'm separating fact (she never said angel requested one the previous year) vs fiction (fitz's story saying she did).

also i don't consider it to be the end of the story and i'm not sure why anyone would. she is saying that both she and angel were told to stick it out one more year and that the request would be granted, but if they tried to leave sooner it wouldn't. that's kind of a big deal to me.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: April 22, 2014, 01:08:20 PM »

:thumbs:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: April 22, 2014, 01:08:38 PM »

Not sure I would single out Shalee, but I agree with general statement. Dominoes will fall, and Leti will eventually be granted a restricted transfer release.

Makes sense. I assumed Lehning since she was Romero's main recruiter.

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: April 22, 2014, 01:09:23 PM »
Serious question, why didn't Currie tweet this stuff 4 days ago

Personally I think he should have.

But my guess is that in the middle of an ongoing investigation into the situation probably made him hesitant to comment on it publicly. Plus student-athlete privacy is no joke from the department point of view, especially with a potentially disgruntled player/handler on the other side looking for an opportunity to gain leverage.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: April 22, 2014, 01:10:51 PM »

from my understanding, you're an AD placement, who is here to play damage control.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: April 22, 2014, 01:11:13 PM »
also i don't consider it to be the end of the story and i'm not sure why anyone would. she is saying that both she and angel were told to stick it out one more year and that the request would be granted, but if they tried to leave sooner it wouldn't. that's kind of a big deal to me.

Yeah, it would be a very big deal.

I'm pretty sure CC is saying that's not what happened and that there was no "deal" for Angel to stay.

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: April 22, 2014, 01:12:00 PM »
she is saying that both she and angel were told to stick it out one more year and that the request would be granted, but if they tried to leave sooner it wouldn't. that's kind of a big deal to me.

Angel was never told that. No deal was ever offered to Angel prior to the 2012-13 season. He never expressed any desire to transfer until after the 2012-13 season. He was then given a release.

Is the statement by Leti the reason you are so convinced there is something more to it than that, or are there other factors at play here?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: April 22, 2014, 01:12:08 PM »

from my understanding, you're an AD placement, who is here to play damage control.

:rolleyes:

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: April 22, 2014, 01:13:00 PM »

LOL, no. Absolutely not.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: April 22, 2014, 01:14:01 PM »
Serious question, why didn't Currie tweet this stuff 4 days ago

Personally I think he should have.

But my guess is that in the middle of an ongoing investigation into the situation probably made him hesitant to comment on it publicly. Plus student-athlete privacy is no joke from the department point of view, especially with a potentially disgruntled player/handler on the other side looking for an opportunity to gain leverage.

:thumbs:
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: April 22, 2014, 01:14:51 PM »

LOL, no. Absolutely not.

That's just what an AD placement would say, CC.

Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: April 22, 2014, 01:15:12 PM »
Does anyone seriously believe Angel would've taken a one year deal to stay and see what oscar was like? I mean, come on.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: April 22, 2014, 01:15:30 PM »
Someone shop this, turn the he to she and make the faces
Leti
Shalee
Deb
Mittie
Currie
Schulz
Bilas
Erica Young
Brianna Lewis

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: April 22, 2014, 01:18:47 PM »
We're still talking about this? jfc

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: April 22, 2014, 01:19:27 PM »
Can we take down Lehnings jersey yet?

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: April 22, 2014, 01:22:24 PM »
So what are they protecting? Let the player go, and if the NCAA finds the tampering allegations to be valid, they can handle the punishment, can't they?

They are protecting current and future K-State players. I think that's obvious.

I think it's obvious they do not care about current and future K-State players. (I'm not saying that's wrong.)

I don't understand why there are rules in place if no one has to wait for them to be investigated and enforced and just drop the hammer at the hint of a violation.

The only hammer that's been dropped is the fact that K-State says they're not going to allow the transfer.   I feel pretty comfortable with the fact that K-State's reasons for not allowing the transfer are pretty solid and are not being done out of vindictiveness or spite. 

That's a pretty strong hammer and seems pretty vindictive. I mean, the options for Leti are:

1) Be somewhere you don't want to be.
2) Pay your own way to another school, not play.
3) Abandon CBB and go to Spain

Those are mean options.

Every 500 days or so, MisFitzermation actually makes a fairly solid point.  If you knowingly allow tampering, than recruiting never ends.   The Roy Williams of the world graduate from an ongoing stream of various greeting cards, feelers and bumps to cash and cars.

The other dirty tampery schools know that you will be a dick to the player and look like a petty dumbfuck in the press and will therefore never contact your players again.  Duh.  This couldn't be more clear.  I mean look at the downside for them.  It's huge.  Tamperers = deterred.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.