Author Topic: one year delayed, eh cap'n?  (Read 219031 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: one year delayed, eh cap'n?
« Reply #876 on: April 23, 2014, 11:59:27 PM »
The worst thing that's going to come out of this is when it's revealed deb had sexual relationships with players and then when things went south, told them if they transfer she'd tell everyone they were lesbians. #notjoking

As for Leti, whoever that is, nobody gives a crap.

Didn't Wecker share some pretty negative feelings towards Deb after she left in an ESPN article?

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: April 24, 2014, 12:49:14 AM »
The worst thing that's going to come out of this is when it's revealed deb had sexual relationships with players and then when things went south, told them if they transfer she'd tell everyone they were lesbians. #notjoking

Didn't Wecker share some pretty negative feelings towards Deb after she left in an ESPN article?

I feel like she treated her straight players differently than the lesbian players. Ohlde and Wecker were the two I seemed to remember being mistreated.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: April 24, 2014, 01:22:21 AM »

I feel like she treated her straight players differently than the lesbian players. Ohlde and Wecker were the two I seemed to remember being mistreated.

Both of you have bad memories. Ohlde wasn't mistreated, part of Wecker's problem was that Ohlde was treated like the Queen of the World, could do no wrong and Wecker was not. The problems between Deb and Kendra had ZERO to do with sexual orientation, some of the players felt that devout Christians were treated better than non-devout Christians. They simply butted heads, like coaches and players often do. One of the biggest issues that Kendra and Deb had was Kendra getting in trouble for playing intramural softball. Kendra took the its better to ask forgiveness than permission approach and the coaches weren't happy about it. Kendra should have asked permission even though Deb would have said no, and Deb should have been more flexible. The coaches thought those teams weren't as cohesive as they could have been because they didn't get along great. They didn't fight, but they weren't tight like great teams are. Wecker didn't really hang with the team as much as one would think. There was a separation in the big 4, Wecker and Mahoney were one group and Koehn and Ohlde were another. It was a bit more complex than that but its a good way to hurriedly and crudely show the division with those teams.

Bottom line is that those issues had nothing to do with sexual orientation and are issues that a lot of teams have to deal with. People want to take the very sexist and lazy approach and chalk it up to either "bitches be crazy" or the lesbians and the straight girls didn't get along when in actuality it was just your standard sub-par team chemistry that kills teams of both genders.

source, me A+

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: April 24, 2014, 01:54:40 AM »

Both of you have bad memories. Ohlde wasn't mistreated, part of Wecker's problem was that Ohlde was treated like the Queen of the World, could do no wrong and Wecker was not. The problems between Deb and Kendra had ZERO to do with sexual orientation, some of the players felt that devout Christians were treated better than non-devout Christians. They simply butted heads, like coaches and players often do. One of the biggest issues that Kendra and Deb had was Kendra getting in trouble for playing intramural softball. Kendra took the its better to ask forgiveness than permission approach and the coaches weren't happy about it. Kendra should have asked permission even though Deb would have said no, and Deb should have been more flexible. The coaches thought those teams weren't as cohesive as they could have been because they didn't get along great. They didn't fight, but they weren't tight like great teams are. Wecker didn't really hang with the team as much as one would think. There was a separation in the big 4, Wecker and Mahoney were one group and Koehn and Ohlde were another. It was a bit more complex than that but its a good way to hurriedly and crudely show the division with those teams.

Bottom line is that those issues had nothing to do with sexual orientation and are issues that a lot of teams have to deal with. People want to take the very sexist and lazy approach and chalk it up to either "bitches be crazy" or the lesbians and the straight girls didn't get along when in actuality it was just your standard sub-par team chemistry that kills teams of both genders.

source, me A+

I do seem to remember "religious" conversations/complaints coming up in the ohlde/wecker era.  But honestly, I did zero digging outside of the article and the he said she said crap that was floating around small town kansas

sent from my phone while in the crapper

it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: April 24, 2014, 02:33:37 AM »
Mahoney is my favorite KSU Wildcat bballer from the women's teams. Bummed she didn't come back for the celebration with the rest of the team.

SdK actually cleaned their locker rooms they year they won it. :D

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: April 24, 2014, 02:35:04 AM »
I'll get in touch with my source tomorrow, a best bud of Ohlde during the year in question, and get the facts banged out.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: April 24, 2014, 07:50:21 AM »
Was it a difference between laptopites, and non laptopites?

As I recall, Deb didn't buy laptops for everybody, just 4 or 5 players.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: April 24, 2014, 07:51:17 AM »
Over/under on Leti's release?

I'll go with May 16th.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: April 24, 2014, 08:04:11 AM »
Over/under on Leti's release?

I'll go with May 16th.

Sounds about right.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: April 24, 2014, 08:24:36 AM »
Whatever day the big spring game secret announcement is.  Or the day dwayne bowe gets arrested or moose hits two home runs.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: April 24, 2014, 08:45:30 AM »
I would tell you what I've heard directly from a ladycats basketball player, but this same basketball player confirmed for me that there was indeed a mutiny under Frank and most of the team was going to transfer if he stayed.  So you wouldn't believe me/her anyway.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: April 24, 2014, 08:49:09 AM »
Here's the best one:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: April 24, 2014, 09:11:59 AM »
:love:

I don't like the ACC over the name though.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: April 24, 2014, 09:12:28 AM »
Here's the best one:

that one is so good i'm considering having it tatooed on my body.

Offline catz

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: April 24, 2014, 09:26:15 AM »

source, me A+

There is always drama, especially when there are women involved.  not "bitches be crazy" but drama.  Source A++ 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: April 24, 2014, 09:33:37 AM »
Man, had a lot of exposure to Matilda Mossman back in the day when she was WBB coach at K-State.   #bsc

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: April 24, 2014, 10:39:10 AM »
I would tell you what I've heard directly from a ladycats basketball player, but this same basketball player confirmed for me that there was indeed a mutiny under Frank and most of the team was going to transfer if he stayed.  So you wouldn't believe me/her anyway.

There is literally no way to know if there was going to be a mutiny unless there was a meeting and all of those dudes said they were absolutely going to leave. It's hard to believe because only one of those guys, Will, actually took real steps to leave. All of those seniors went running to Frank at South Carolina when the season was over last year so I find it hard to believe that they were going to leave. We also know Angel wasn't leaving.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: April 24, 2014, 10:44:27 AM »

There is literally no way to know if there was going to be a mutiny unless there was a meeting and all of those dudes said they were absolutely going to leave. It's hard to believe because only one of those guys, Will, actually took real steps to leave. All of those seniors went running to Frank at South Carolina when the season was over last year so I find it hard to believe that they were going to leave. We also know Angel wasn't leaving.

I find it hard to believe, too.  I mean it's not like I have documentation here.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: April 24, 2014, 10:46:52 AM »

I find it hard to believe, too.  I mean it's not like I have documentation here.

:lol:

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: April 24, 2014, 04:22:24 PM »

Munity is too strong of a word, but some crap was going down, wasn't like frank was going to lose his Job. Frank would of had a depleted roster going into that next year. He got out at the opportune time. His weakness got the best of him.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: April 24, 2014, 04:47:37 PM »
the opportune time

When better programs were throwing $2-3 million at him years before would've been more opportune.  I'd say after a 'ship w/the spradlesscats in 12-13 would've been more opportune also.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: April 24, 2014, 04:50:21 PM »
Munity is too strong of a word

Also, :D