Author Topic: New To Investing Thread  (Read 338797 times)

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: New To Investing Thread
« Reply #1775 on: July 13, 2017, 08:32:45 PM »
Alright I'm going to do it
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

The Big Train

« Reply #1776 on: July 13, 2017, 08:34:22 PM »
Everyone has to do what they are comfortable with. If you stitch all my posts together you get a very solid idea of what I do.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: July 13, 2017, 08:34:45 PM »
TBT, let me know when the price of what you bought dips to a penny less than you paid. I'll buy my $1k worth then. Thanks.

The Big Train

« Reply #1778 on: July 13, 2017, 08:38:52 PM »
:D

The Big Train

« Reply #1779 on: July 13, 2017, 08:51:27 PM »
I'm just holding for awhile....I've got what I'm comfortable with and spread out among XRP, ETH, and LTC bought at different levels throughout my short dip into the crypto pool.

When you get a core position where you buy a lot in this cryptoworld this is a good plan.  Can't let the highs and lows get to you.  I've gone 4 figures up and down in a day before.  Just gotta trust what you have invested in, that's why it's called investing and not day trading.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: July 13, 2017, 08:56:04 PM »
I'm just holding for awhile....I've got what I'm comfortable with and spread out among XRP, ETH, and LTC bought at different levels throughout my short dip into the crypto pool.

When you get a core position where you buy a lot in this cryptoworld this is a good plan.  Can't let the highs and lows get to you.  I've gone 4 figures up and down in a day before.  Just gotta trust what you have invested in, that's why it's called investing and not day trading.

I'm not quite that in love with it yet but I'm still only considering buying more I guess I should have said....I'm horrible at selling any of my investments honestly. 

The Big Train

« Reply #1781 on: July 13, 2017, 09:02:44 PM »

I'm not quite that in love with it yet but I'm still only considering buying more I guess I should have said....I'm horrible at selling any of my investments honestly.

Well, I've said it before but this world is very risky and if you aren't comfortable losing everything you invest, you probably shouldn't do it.  Once you feel like you have made enough or see a crash coming you have to be willing to sell.

However if you have done your research(which should be your own) and trust your research, then these big price jumps and falls shouldn't worry you as much.  That's how I feel anyway, I trust what I know.

The Big Train

« Reply #1782 on: July 13, 2017, 09:59:25 PM »
One of the best things that will come out of this(from this blog) is that I will have made a crap ton of money.  Yet nobody will remember it because it was just a 'fad' during combo season.

The Big Train

« Reply #1783 on: July 14, 2017, 11:09:48 AM »

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: July 14, 2017, 11:20:36 AM »
Did you talk about segwit earlier ITT? i don't think I quite understand how that is driving up the price of litecoin

The Big Train

« Reply #1785 on: July 14, 2017, 11:48:24 AM »
Did you talk about segwit earlier ITT? i don't think I quite understand how that is driving up the price of litecoin

There's a lot to it but Litecoin still is tied to Bitcoin on the prices jumps and falls.  Litecoin has more potential applications right now than Bitcoin does from an engineering perspective. 

For one, Litecoin mines blocks every 2.5 minutes compared to 10 min for Bitcoin.  So even without SegWit Litecoin confirms transactions faster.  SegWit essentially quadruples the amount of information in each block.  Litecoin already has activated SegWit, which proved its viability on Bitcoin(since Litecoin is just a fork of the core Bitcoin code).  However there is such an internal struggle with HOW to fix the scaling problem for Bitcoin, and that's why Aug 1 will be interesting.  They may not even get to that date and go another route.

Litecoin also has smaller fees compared to Bitcoin, by a lot.  So all those things combined and other variables makes Litecoin a better option from an engineering perspective.  Everyone loves Bitcoin right now and if and when there is turmoil Litecoin should be there to pick everyone back up. 

The Big Train

« Reply #1786 on: July 15, 2017, 11:19:18 AM »
Bitcoin got below $2000 this morning for the first time in 2 months.  Also LTC got below $40 again :kstategrad:

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: July 15, 2017, 11:36:27 AM »
Think it gets to $30 before aug 1st?  I'm getting greedy. 

The Big Train

« Reply #1788 on: July 15, 2017, 11:52:53 AM »
Think it gets to $30 before aug 1st?  I'm getting greedy.

Extremely doubtful.  However if it gets below ~$33 I could see a ton of stop loss orders executing and then a real crap show occurring.  I don't see that happening tho.

The Big Train

« Reply #1789 on: July 15, 2017, 07:06:29 PM »
 :sdeek:  :sdeek: :sdeek: :sdeek: :sdeek:

Bought ~420k LTC held on to them for 5 and half hours, lost ~54k and sold them all for $.13 less per coin.

https://www.reddit.com/r/litecoin/comments/6nhu4u/somebody_opened_up_a_17_million_dollar_wallet/

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: July 15, 2017, 07:18:18 PM »
Was it you?

The Big Train

« Reply #1791 on: July 15, 2017, 07:34:15 PM »
Don't be ridiculous.  I would have held on to every one of them and made an absolute fortune.

Offline EMAWican

• Katpak'r
  • 'Murica
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: July 15, 2017, 07:48:56 PM »
Just catching up on this thread. Good luck to those still in crytocurrencies when the Fed starts unloading their $4 trillion balance sheet from QE.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: July 15, 2017, 07:58:05 PM »
I don't know what means, what Emawican said, but uh oh TBT!

The Big Train

« Reply #1794 on: July 15, 2017, 08:07:42 PM »
I'm so nervous I just executed another buy order.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: July 15, 2017, 09:13:19 PM »
Bought ETH

The Big Train

« Reply #1796 on: July 16, 2017, 07:41:15 AM »
:sdeek:

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: July 16, 2017, 09:27:11 AM »
Crypto is so dumb!

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: July 16, 2017, 09:32:35 AM »
I can't imagine having faith in a currency not backed by gold and silver.