Author Topic: Planning weddings  (Read 88851 times)

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Planning weddings
« Reply #125 on: July 31, 2013, 02:04:08 PM »
I am being forced to attend a wedding in Arnold, KS for one of my fiances gfs. It's totally not a good thing if I tell her I don't want to go right? Has anyone been to Arnold? Thinking about staying in the Hat Friday night then driving to Arnie on Sat before wedding. I don't like driving.

I must ask, how was Arnold, Kansas?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Planning weddings
« Reply #126 on: July 31, 2013, 02:04:17 PM »
i also think that anybody who does something other than the standard wedding w/ a reception that has some food and booze after is a complete trouble making weirdo.

like, you want to reinvent the wheel by having a no kids wedding? lol ok dork. prepare to get made fun of. wedding with no booze and a string quartet in the corner. wtf? great call, idiot. wedding on a sunday evening of a three day weekend because of labor day? oh wow. how'd you come up with that doozy a-hole?

cause at the end of the day it's not really about you. it's about the people that were nice enough to cancel whatever else they could have been doing that weekend to show some support for you and the person that you are choosing to attempt to spend the rest of your life wife. let them bring a kid or two if they want to. let them have a glass of wine or two or six if they choose. i mean my goodness.

Like I said earlier, elope.

Offline StevieWonderSniperSchool

• Fan
  • just win baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 31, 2013, 02:32:25 PM »
wife and I planned a no-kids wedding. everyone we invited that has kids still came to wedding without a fuss. it was an intimate moment for us and didn't want the screaming, spinning around on the dance floor distractions that come with the little ones. no offense to kids or people who have them, as i'm sure we'll have some of our own someday as well. it was our day, mostly paid for by us, and we planned it the way we wanted to. and everyone had a great time.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 31, 2013, 02:33:59 PM »
People that send invitations get to set some terms, people who receive invitations get to decide whether they want to accept those terms and come.  All the points you made are from the perspective of a guest at a wedding, most of the stuff he posted is from the perspective of someone planning a wedding.  These are two different parties, their interests may not always align perfectly.  If you are butthurt enough not to show only because you are not allowed to bring your kids, then the terms of the invitation were an excellent filter.

none of my points were "from the perspective of a guest at a wedding". you should go back and reread.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 31, 2013, 02:38:38 PM »
wife and I planned a no-kids wedding. everyone we invited that has kids still came to wedding without a fuss. it was an intimate moment for us and didn't want the screaming, spinning around on the dance floor distractions that come with the little ones. no offense to kids or people who have them, as i'm sure we'll have some of our own someday as well. it was our day, mostly paid for by us, and we planned it the way we wanted to. and everyone had a great time.

a whole lot of i's and we's and us's and our's in those few sentences. glad to hear "your day" was a "special" one though. dorks. enjoy your fajitas the next time you two eat out at a mexican restaurant.

• Fan
  • just win baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 31, 2013, 02:51:46 PM »

a whole lot of i's and we's and us's and our's in those few sentences. glad to hear "your day" was a "special" one though. dorks. enjoy your fajitas the next time you two eat out at a mexican restaurant.
:don'tcare:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 31, 2013, 02:57:10 PM »
It's like it's pretty tough for engaged couples to understand they aren't more important than members of wedding guests' families.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 31, 2013, 02:58:03 PM »
It's like it's pretty tough for engaged couples to understand they aren't more important than members of wedding guests' families.

Pussifacation of America.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 31, 2013, 03:03:51 PM »
sister in law did a hotel reception and hired a babysitter.  kids were welcome but everybody knew there was a babysitter.  got a bunch of toys/dvds/coloring books etc and a room adjacent to the reception room.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 31, 2013, 03:05:05 PM »
People that send invitations get to set some terms, people who receive invitations get to decide whether they want to accept those terms and come.  All the points you made are from the perspective of a guest at a wedding, most of the stuff he posted is from the perspective of someone planning a wedding.  These are two different parties, their interests may not always align perfectly.  If you are butthurt enough not to show only because you are not allowed to bring your kids, then the terms of the invitation were an excellent filter.

none of my points were "from the perspective of a guest at a wedding". you should go back and reread.

Yeah, they all were.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: July 31, 2013, 03:11:16 PM »
i mean, it's like the idea of a day where friends and family travel from hours away bearing gifts to watch you and another person stand up on a stage and say "i do" to each other and then head to a building where they will eat food that you handpicked for them to eat and drink drinks that you decided they could drink just isn't quite enough for some folks. oh no. no, no, no. it's still not "enough about you" because wait a minute and oh my goodness... what if someone brings a four year old and it takes away from the spotlight by doing a funny dance for a bit when people should be watching you dance or cries for a little bit during the bridesmaid speech and a few people get slightly distracted and don't quite catch the joke she makes about that time the two of you walked home in the rain after a botched prom date or something. i mean good grief.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 31, 2013, 03:15:49 PM »

Yeah, they all were.

no they weren't, because they were all pretty much my exact thoughts when i was helping to plan my own wedding. so stuff it kat dork.

• Fan
  • just win baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 31, 2013, 03:17:17 PM »
I would also like to add that the seating at our venue was extremely limited, and the guests we invited that had young children was very small. the furthest anyone drove was an hour.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 31, 2013, 03:18:26 PM »
I think we can all agree that everything about weddings that isn't free booze or prime rib is stupid

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 31, 2013, 03:20:29 PM »
I think we can all agree that everything about weddings that isn't free booze or prime rib is stupid

chicken dance

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 31, 2013, 03:20:47 PM »

chicken dance

allowed

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Planning weddings
« Reply #141 on: July 31, 2013, 03:21:47 PM »
i mean, it's like the idea of a day where friends and family travel from hours away bearing gifts to watch you and another person stand up on a stage and say "i do" to each other and then head to a building where they will eat food that you handpicked for them to eat and drink drinks that you decided they could drink just isn't quite enough for some folks. oh no. no, no, no. it's still not "enough about you" because wait a minute and oh my goodness... what if someone brings a four year old and it takes away from the spotlight by doing a funny dance for a bit when people should be watching you dance or cries for a little bit during the bridesmaid speech and a few people get slightly distracted and don't quite catch the joke she makes about that time the two of you walked home in the rain after a botched prom date or something. i mean good grief.

Awwwwww Rick Daris!  What a great little stowwy!  Clap!  yay!

Now are you gettin a little grumpy?  How about a bottle then time for your nap.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 31, 2013, 03:22:33 PM »

not to a certain percentage of overly narcisstic and self absorbed engaged couples, they aren't.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 31, 2013, 03:23:51 PM »
oh my god honey. what if someone is talking on their cellphone during "our dance"?!!!! should we ban cellphones too? :ohno:

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 31, 2013, 03:23:59 PM »
I was at this wedding where rick daris was buds with the ring bearer and followed him up the aisle because he wanted to play with his buds. And lil RD wasn't even in the wedding! Ha! His stupid rough ridin' parents thought it was cute and silly and so did a few other numbskulls but the stupid rough ridin' bride thought her special moment was ruined. Idiots all of them.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 03:33:19 PM by michigancat »

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 31, 2013, 03:26:04 PM »
If you are truly in love then you wont notice kids screaming or cellphones ringing all that will matter is looking your true love in the eyes and binging on booze and prime rib

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 31, 2013, 03:33:04 PM »
People that don't invite my kids to their wedding are selfish assholes.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 31, 2013, 03:38:22 PM »
My kids are so small they'll take up too much room in this cramped venue. 

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 31, 2013, 03:45:59 PM »
Definitely worth spending $75 apiece on kids who won't eat anything and won't drink anything. :users:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 31, 2013, 03:48:32 PM »
It's never any use to negotiate with the vendor.

(I hate it when these threads tear us apart.  :bawl:)