Author Topic: kansas says eff you to federal government  (Read 16233 times)

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
kansas says eff you to federal government
« on: April 08, 2013, 11:49:42 PM »
http://spreadlibertynews.com/kansas-bill-to-nullify-federal-gun-laws-goes-to-governor-brownback-for-signature/

this is interesting.  would love to see a bill that said that gun rights only apply to those weapons available in 1861.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: kansas says eff you to federal government
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 11:52:11 PM »
also interesting is this was linked on my facebook as a "recent article about kansas state university".

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 11:54:02 PM »
awesome. TSC!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 01:23:51 AM »
“Passage of SB102 means that 2nd and 10th Amendment are alive and well in Kansas.”

Any act, law, treaty, order, rule or regulation of the government of the United States which violates the second amendment to the constitution of the United States is null, void and unenforceable in the state of Kansas

The second amendment to the constitution of the United States reserves to the people, individually, the right to keep and bear arms as that right was understood at the time that Kansas was admitted to statehood in 1861, and the guaranty of that right is a matter of contract between the state and people of Kansas and the United States as of the time that the compact with the United States was agreed upon and adopted by Kansas in 1859 and the United States in 1861.

For those who didn't read the article, those quotes aren't a rant from some psychopathic gun nut dropout from Doniphan County but were actual passages from the bill.

I wonder what those people who voted for this like Virgil Peck would think if I walked into the Capitol building or Cedar Crest with a fully loaded AR? How long would I be in jail? How much would I have to post for bail? Would I even get bail?

I love Kansas with all of my heart, I really don't know why people are okay with self-serving lawmakers constantly embarrassing the state? Kansas isn't close to the most conservative state in the country, but we Kansas seems to have a disproportionate amount of frankly insufficiently educated attention whores in Topeka.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 02:15:30 AM »
So can we ignore the 19th amendment now too since in 1861 it was understood women wouldn't be allowed to vote? Kinda pulled the ol' bait and switch on us with that one.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2013, 08:02:38 AM »
“Passage of SB102 means that 2nd and 10th Amendment are alive and well in Kansas.”

Any act, law, treaty, order, rule or regulation of the government of the United States which violates the second amendment to the constitution of the United States is null, void and unenforceable in the state of Kansas

The second amendment to the constitution of the United States reserves to the people, individually, the right to keep and bear arms as that right was understood at the time that Kansas was admitted to statehood in 1861, and the guaranty of that right is a matter of contract between the state and people of Kansas and the United States as of the time that the compact with the United States was agreed upon and adopted by Kansas in 1859 and the United States in 1861.

For those who didn't read the article, those quotes aren't a rant from some psychopathic gun nut dropout from Doniphan County but were actual passages from the bill.

I wonder what those people who voted for this like Virgil Peck would think if I walked into the Capitol building or Cedar Crest with a fully loaded AR? How long would I be in jail? How much would I have to post for bail? Would I even get bail?

I love Kansas with all of my heart, I really don't know why people are okay with self-serving lawmakers constantly embarrassing the state? Kansas isn't close to the most conservative state in the country, but we Kansas seems to have a disproportionate amount of frankly insufficiently educated attention whores in Topeka.
well from a purely legal perspective that is probably the most laughable, worthless and unenforceable "laws" I think I've ever read. 

and the reason we have a bunch of insufficiently educated attention whores in topeka is because this state is made up of a whole shitload of insufficiently educated mouthbreathers.  people are okay with them doing what they're doing because they're pandering to their constituents.  it's convenient to blame the politicians but the reason they act like they do is because it gets them votes.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2013, 08:17:36 AM »

well from a purely legal perspective that is probably the most laughable, worthless and unenforceable "laws" I think I've ever read. 

and the reason we have a bunch of insufficiently educated attention whores in topeka is because this state is made up of a whole shitload of insufficiently educated mouthbreathers.  people are okay with them doing what they're doing because they're pandering to their constituents.  it's convenient to blame the politicians but the reason they act like they do is because it gets them votes.

Yeah, almost nobody who voted for this bill would have had a shot in hell of being reelected had they voted against it.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2013, 08:46:31 AM »
MiR already exposed the source of the retardation in Topeka
http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=25050.msg694816#msg694816

Self interested individuals gonna self. /Ayn Rand
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline GCJayhawker

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2013, 08:49:25 AM »
The argument is that the commerce clause does not apply to anything that is not interstate commerce.  The reasoning of this law is that if the gun is wholly manufactured, sold and used in KS it is only intrastate commerce and not subject to federal regulations.  There are several problems with that thinking though: 1) KS does not have the materials available in the state to manufacture weapons, and 2) the Supreme Court of the US has expanded the commerce clause to included basically everything under interstate commerce.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2013, 08:59:26 AM »
Well, correct me, they don't need to sneak it in under commerce clause because of Heller.

more importantly, I love the language as pointed out alread
Yeah because there wasn't anything right after 1861 which slightly changed the relationship of Federalism.
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2013, 09:11:07 AM »
The argument is that the commerce clause does not apply to anything that is not interstate commerce.  The reasoning of this law is that if the gun is wholly manufactured, sold and used in KS it is only intrastate commerce and not subject to federal regulations.  There are several problems with that thinking though: 1) KS does not have the materials available in the state to manufacture weapons, and 2) the Supreme Court of the US has expanded the commerce clause to included basically everything under interstate commerce.
the eff are you talking about? nobody has said anything about the commerce clause.

I actually just clicked on the link and read the article.  what a laughable pile of crap.

If signed into law, SB102 would nullify a wide range of federal attacks on the right to keep and bear arms in the State of Kansas.

false.  also :lol:

This mass noncompliance with an unconstitutional federal act is both constitutionally sound, and very effective.

:facepalm:  I mean jesus christ.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline GCJayhawker

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2013, 09:25:06 AM »
the eff are you talking about? nobody has said anything about the commerce clause.

I actually just clicked on the link and read the article.  what a laughable pile of crap.

I'm saying this is the argument that will be made by KS before the court if this bill is signed into law and challenged in court.

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2013, 09:57:58 AM »
Libtards going nuts in this thread

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2013, 10:10:09 AM »

I'm saying this is the argument that will be made by KS before the court if this bill is signed into law and challenged in court.
HELLER!

Offline GCJayhawker

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2013, 10:19:02 AM »

HELLER!

LOUD NOISES

Offline yoman

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2013, 10:19:40 AM »
Typical Kansan: "NO ONE IS GONNA TAKE MAH GUNS!!!"

Reasonable Kansan: "No one is trying to, but do you really need an AK-47?"

Typical Kansan: "YES!!! AND IT'S MY RIGHT!"

Reasonable: "For what?"

Typical: "TO PROTECT MAH PROPERTAH!"

Reasonable: "From what?"

Typical: "INTRUDERS AND OBAMA!"

Reasonable: "1. Do you really need a fully automatic weapon to protect your front lawn 76 Chevy collection? 2. Presumably by Obama you mean the federal government. Allow me to introduce you to a little group that the federal government controls, the United States military. You're gonna take them on with an AK? Good luck."

Typical: "...PROTECT ME GUN!!!"

I think this yoman guy is on to something....

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2013, 10:28:48 AM »
Shut up, yoman.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2013, 10:34:31 AM »
Another misguided effort at the state level.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2013, 10:36:28 AM »

just stop.  you're making no sense and embarrassing yourself.

Offline GCJayhawker

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2013, 10:38:20 AM »
Well, correct me, they don't need to sneak it in under commerce clause because of Heller.

I'm not sure Heller is really the right way for the State to defend this bill. I would be up to hear why you think so though.

Offline GCJayhawker

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2013, 10:40:45 AM »

So are you saying the state won't make this argument, among others? I think the argument is ridiculous and will not work out at all.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2013, 10:45:54 AM »
kansas says "eff you" to itself: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-04-09/kansas-s-self-destruct-button-a-bill-to-outlaw-sustainability.html

LMFAO. That bill never made it to the floor, though. It just might next year.

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2013, 10:53:19 AM »
sustainability. Don't want/need.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2013, 11:02:43 AM »

So are you saying the state won't make this argument, among others? I think the argument is ridiculous and will not work out at all.
goddammit.

the law is ridiculous because it states that "Any act, law, treaty, order, rule or regulation of the government of the United States which violates the second amendment to the constitution of the United States is null, void and unenforceable in the state of Kansas".  in other words, if a law is unconstitutional, kansas doesn't have to enforce it.  well no crap.  the problem is, these geniuses don't realize (actually they do, but it sounds really good to the constituents and will get them votes next time around) that they don't get to decide which laws are constitutional and which ones aren't.  that's what we have a supreme court for.  so in order for this kansas law to be relevant, the scotus would have to first rule that the federal law in question violates the second amendment, which would mean they wouldn't have to enforce it anyway, ergo the law is completely meaningless.

none of this has anything whatsoever to do with the rough ridin' commerce clause.