Author Topic: Your kids are the responsibility of the collective  (Read 8986 times)

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
Re: Your kids are the responsibility of the collective
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2013, 10:10:55 PM »

The msnbc crowd are a bunch of Nazis, and by Nazi I mean they think and act like a bunch of Nazis.

The programming is comically bad and adolescent. These little sniipets into their collective thought process are just pathetic.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2013, 10:13:20 PM »
easy to see why republicans are losing elections when things like "take pride in your community" is translated as communes and birth panels.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2013, 10:14:02 PM »
this thread proves that FSD is a rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2013, 11:44:26 PM »
easy to see why republicans are losing elections when things like "take pride in your community" is translated as communes and birth panels.

That's liberal code for "open your wallet lucky rich boy".

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2013, 09:33:33 AM »
this thread proves that FSD is a rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

Take pride in your community, brah.

That woman sounds like an idiot and you don't start a be proud of your community with we need to spend more of "our money" on "our kids". 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2013, 09:43:39 AM »
so you're one of those people that like to get outraged over nothing huh?

typical republican.

Outraged?

No.

Very amused though.

And I'm not a republican.

This wouldn't even make my top one trillion things to get "very amused" by.  T's & P's

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2013, 09:58:15 AM »
Listen to the opening of the video. She's not advocating anything but increased spending on public schools. She's not advocating personal responsibility and all those other things some of you might pretend to hear.

The message is "We don't spend enough" plain and simple. Same message I hear all day long.

Offline mortons toe

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2013, 11:03:38 AM »
Listen to the opening of the video. She's not advocating anything but increased spending on public schools. She's not advocating personal responsibility and all those other things some of you might pretend to hear.

The message is "We don't spend enough" plain and simple. Same message I hear all day long.

ok, Paul Krugman. Nevermind the goliath of tax dollars spent on "public education" already... hey, we need more!!!

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2013, 01:20:59 PM »

ok, Paul Krugman. Nevermind the goliath of tax dollars spent on "public education" already... hey, we need more!!!

eff education funding, it's much more beneficial to use our tax dollars playing world police, fighting decade-long wars and bombing the crap out of some cave dwellers on the other side of the world

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2013, 01:31:15 PM »
"we have to break through our kind of private idea that kids belong to their parents, or kids belong to their families"

i'll be honest, that sounds pretty stupid to me.

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2013, 03:07:35 PM »

eff education funding, it's much more beneficial to use our tax dollars playing world police, fighting decade-long wars and bombing the crap out of some cave dwellers on the other side of the world

most people here wouldn't argue against that. But throwing more money at education hasn't worked very well.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2013, 05:21:00 PM »

How much was your KSU tuition?

http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2012/06/21/155515613/how-much-does-the-government-spend-to-send-a-kid-to-school

Offline Domino

• One by One
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2013, 11:10:18 PM »
"we have to break through our kind of private idea that kids belong to their parents, or kids belong to their families"

Since the US (like numerous other countries) has a way to draft male citizens into the Army, even against their will, couldn't you argue that the US Government considers them property of the state, and they don't belong to their parents?

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2013, 11:12:04 PM »

Since the US (like numerous other countries) has a way to draft male citizens into the Army, even against their will, couldn't you argue that the US Government considers them property of the state, and they don't belong to their parents?

personally, i don't consider people property of anyone.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2013, 11:12:28 PM »

Good point.  All those 18+ year old children are definitely property of the state not their parents.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2013, 11:13:30 PM »

No abortions and no people aren't property?  Are you sure you're a liberal?

Offline Domino

• One by One
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2013, 11:19:48 PM »

Good point.  All those 18+ year old children are definitely property of the state not their parents.

Nice to know you literally stop caring about parents and their children the day they turn 18.

Offline Domino

• One by One
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2013, 11:20:53 PM »

So do you oppose the concept of the draft, or are you okay with it?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2013, 11:22:32 PM »

most people here wouldn't argue against that. But throwing more money at education hasn't worked very well.

I do think it's kind of hard to support local school bills because they always throw large sums of money at athletics. I don't mind paying for other people's kids to get a better education because that directly benefits me. I don't want to fund a new gym for other people's kids when the gym they already have seems just fine, though.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2013, 11:23:22 PM »

pretty ambivalent about it.  your point is stupid, so it really doesn't matter.

Offline Domino

• One by One
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2013, 11:27:40 PM »

pretty ambivalent about it.  your point is stupid, so it really doesn't matter.

I'm gonna make your night - you just called Ronald Regan stupid!

Conscription "rests on the assumption that your kids belong to the state. If we buy that assumption then it is for the state—not for parents, the community, the religious institutions or teachers—to decide who shall have what values and who shall do what work, when, where and how in our society. That assumption isn't a new one. The Nazis thought it was a great idea."
-- Ronald Reagan, former President

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2013, 11:29:49 PM »
pretty sure i've called regan stupid a few times, doesn't change that your point is stupid too.

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2013, 11:30:29 PM »
The draft is more unconstitutional than Obamacare.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2013, 11:33:51 PM »

There are times when the draft has been absolutely necessary (Civil War, WWII). There are also times when the draft has been abused (Korea, Vietnam). Thankfully it's not being abused right now.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2013, 11:33:59 PM »

The draft is expressly authorized by the Constitution. So fail.