Author Topic: Talked to some big-time Donors last night...  (Read 17962 times)

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: Talked to some big-time Donors last night...
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2013, 11:28:22 AM »
Oh, man, it would be sooooooooo weird to rehire Altman.  Maybe not a bad idea, though.

yeah, that was another funny part. "felt that he was pushed out". I don't know, I just felt like they were hinting that I should get out when they said stuff like, "GTFO" and "Hit the road jerk" and "You will be fired in one month so take whatever job you can find"

Sounds like Dana overreacted.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2013, 11:29:37 AM »
Pretty stunned no one focused on the Sams over Waters info.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2013, 11:34:39 AM »
The most pervasive rumor of the last few years is that Bill hates Currie.  I have heard it from a beat writer, from donors, and from randoms.  Perhaps they are all recycling the same rumor.

It seems to me that we should at least consider the possibility that Bill does indeed hate Currie. 

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2013, 11:56:07 AM »
Wow, 43 doing the lords work in BSAC's absence. Great scoop, keep up the good work!
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2013, 12:36:39 PM »
--Basketball wise, verdict is still out on Weber. But he will have a short leash. If K-State fails to make the tournament in any year, he may be gone.
--Dana Altman felt that he was pushed out of K-State from within, but wouldn't rule out a K-State return.

1. If no NCAA tourney next season then I bet Weber is on the hot seat, not fired. Doubt Currie gives up on his first hire that early

2. I'm never going to support bringing back a coach that was mediocre while here
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 12:50:21 PM by Pett »

Offline Demo158

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2013, 12:48:14 PM »
If we're replacing Bill with someone within the program I would rather have Dimel than Sean.... :bang:

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2013, 01:03:23 PM »
How come I don't know any big time donors?  I feel left out.........
Awaiting the inevitable KITN

Offline one time gella

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2013, 01:27:39 PM »
Can you guys imagine having Sean as our head coach?  I mean, what would his nickname be?

S. O. B.  (Son of Bill)

:cheers:

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2013, 01:28:48 PM »
Can you guys imagine having Sean as our head coach?  I mean, what would his nickname be?

S. O. B.  (Son of Bill)

:cheers:

Hmm...

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2013, 01:32:27 PM »
Can you guys imagine having Sean as our head coach?  I mean, what would his nickname be?  Hollywood? Nope.  Swag? Taken.  I mean, we are pretty much out of options at this point. 

A$AP $e@n

Middle Age Ballz

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2013, 01:57:05 PM »
Can you guys imagine having Sean as our head coach?  I mean, what would his nickname be?  Hollywood? Nope.  Swag? Taken.  I mean, we are pretty much out of options at this point. 

A$AP $e@n

Bald Balls

Middle Age Ballz

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2013, 02:29:24 PM »
This inside info is so damn thick and meaty I can practically feel it slapping me in the face with its elite-level insideryness.  I wish I had access to this type of Illinois big-time donor provided content.  Only at gE.  One of about a billion things that make this place the best. lol. go cats.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2013, 03:02:05 PM »
--Basketball wise, verdict is still out on Weber. But he will have a short leash. If K-State fails to make the tournament in any year, he may be gone.
--Dana Altman felt that he was pushed out of K-State from within, but wouldn't rule out a K-State return.

1. If no NCAA tourney next season then I bet Weber is on the hot seat, not fired. Doubt Currie gives up on his first hire that early

2. I'm never going to support bringing back a coach that was mediocre while here

Man.  I'll never understand the Anybody But Weber crowd.  Is it that Weber was the guy who replaced Frank?  Is it his voice?  Altman has a lower lifetime winning percentage... lower winning percentage at his current school... won 19 conference games in 4 years at KSU (Weber won 14 games in 1 year)... and we're talking favorably about Altman now...

I always feel like I'm taking crazy pills when I read what this board has to say about Weber.

[...Will Farrell picture here...]
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2013, 03:03:24 PM »
Also Altman is even more awkward than oscar

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2013, 03:21:36 PM »
I don't like oscar but Altman certainly isn't an upgrade.  Oregon wanting him (or settling for him) is still really strange to me
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 04:25:23 PM by ChiCat »

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2013, 03:23:09 PM »
FWIW, the AD's office treats big donors like mushrooms.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2013, 03:23:44 PM »

I love how people think Altman would be good this time just because Oregon is good now. It's Oregon.

Offline owl borland

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
  • I thought hurricane season was over
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2013, 03:34:31 PM »
yeah, the only legit reason to bring a coach back is if he retires (after a legendary career) and then he decides he wants to come back to kick some more ass. For any other reason, you'd just be making the same mistake twice.
GIFSoup

Don't forget your power towel. Bring it to every game

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Talked to some big-time Donors last night...
« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2013, 03:45:34 PM »
Guys, I wouldn't post this stuff if I thought it had zero crediblity. Without naming any names, this guy has been an insider for the Athletic department since the 70's. His brother and my father played baseball together at K-State back in the day. Very reliable.

I wouldn't say stuff just to say stuff. I thought I was being informative.  :embarrassed:

I won't do it anymore.  :dunno:
some people are going to flame you just because. nobody pulls punches on this board.  don't stop posting this kinda stuff, but you're gonna have to get thicker skin if you're gonna survive on here.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2013, 03:45:43 PM »

I love how people think Altman would be good this time just because Oregon is good now. It's Oregon.

oregon isn't good now

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Talked to some big-time Donors last night...
« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2013, 03:56:24 PM »
Guys, I wouldn't post this stuff if I thought it had zero crediblity. Without naming any names, this guy has been an insider for the Athletic department since the 70's. His brother and my father played baseball together at K-State back in the day. Very reliable.

I wouldn't say stuff just to say stuff. I thought I was being informative.  :embarrassed:

some people are going to flame you just because. nobody pulls punches on this board.  don't stop posting this kinda stuff, but you're gonna have to get thicker skin if you're gonna survive on here.

shut up, idiot.
emaw

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2013, 04:18:47 PM »
Also Altman is even more awkward than oscar

Which is more awkward, the Bill Self Funeral or Altman bailing on Pig Aggie after one day??  Close call.....   :dunno:

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2013, 04:19:27 PM »

Eats them and has a religious-like experience?

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Talked to some big-time Donors last night...
« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2013, 04:37:27 PM »

shut up, idiot.
:thumbs:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2013, 04:47:53 PM »
Harvests them from under "cow patties"?