Author Topic: Shockers doing what we should've done  (Read 10374 times)

Offline Daddy Claxton

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Shockers doing what we should've done
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2013, 12:58:12 PM »
What a garbage region we were in, too. I mean, 3, 4, 5, 7 and 8 all lose in the first round? And #1 loses in 2nd round? Unprecedented.

Sometimes things aren't meant to be
Hey, remember that one time KU won a title because they played in a steaming pile of a region...yeah that could have been us.

KU did have a pretty sweet draw in their region.  Don't forge the F4 was all one seeds for the first time, so there is that.
Yes. Everyone knows that.  There is a trophy sitting somewhere in Lawrence that says 2008 Natl Champs. Why do you feel like you need more validation of KU's program than that? Honestly curious.
Trust me I don't know any validation.  I know what kind of program KU has and the success and failures that have happened.  I was only commenting on the post that edn made, that is all.

Ok, sorry. I guess it's your need to rectify every perceived slight that gave me a different impression.

Offline GCJayhawker

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2013, 01:03:23 PM »
Don't think of it as rectifying anything, think of it as completing the story.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2013, 01:06:43 PM »
Wichita State is the 2nd-best program in Kansas now that K-State has oscar instead of Frank.  Sad, but true.

Offline POD Lasalle Edition

• Sons of the Soil
  • Combo-Fan
  • the poster formerly known as pig of destiny
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2013, 01:08:38 PM »

So you guys will be rebuilding next year, correct? or do you think it will just be a reload. i see you've signed a pretty solid class
your mother is so fat, the recursive function computing her mass still hasn't returned.

Offline yoman

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2013, 01:12:11 PM »
Wichita State is the 2nd-best program in Kansas now that K-State has oscar instead of Frank.  Sad, but true.
We know. This is why team #burnitdown is getting angry.
I think this yoman guy is on to something....

Offline GCJayhawker

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2013, 01:14:28 PM »

So you guys will be rebuilding next year, correct? or do you think it will just be a reload. i see you've signed a pretty solid class

I'm going to go with reload, seems to be how these things work.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2013, 01:43:06 PM »

In about 8-9 hours, Wichita State will have the best program in Kansas as evidenced by being the only team from the wheat state left in the tourney...

:popcorn:
bears are fast...

• Sons of the Soil
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2013, 01:43:58 PM »

I'm going to go with reload, seems to be how these things work.

I think you may actually fall off a little bit with the departures of so many seniors(and mclemore) and without withey to protect the rim. you will likely blow through the Big 12 though with ease and make the tourney, but i think you will take a small step backwards next season.
your mother is so fat, the recursive function computing her mass still hasn't returned.

Offline GCJayhawker

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2013, 02:01:44 PM »

In about 8-9 hours, Wichita State will have the best program in Kansas as evidenced by being the only team from the wheat state left in the tourney...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2013, 02:19:11 PM »
That's what we said before the La Salle game.   :cry:

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2013, 02:21:10 PM »
wear it, cat fans.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2013, 02:23:48 PM »

What's funny? 

Odds are that Meatchicken wins tonight, thus leaving WSU as the only remaining team from Kansas.

I'd make fun of your ku education, but you're just a t-shirt fan.

:dubious:
bears are fast...

• Sons of the Soil
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2013, 02:27:50 PM »

What's funny? 

Odds are that Meatchicken wins tonight, thus leaving WSU as the only remaining team from Kansas.

Honestly KU and Michigan have both been up and down all year. I picked Kansas in this one, but i realize it can go either way. Michigan has more talent, but Kansas has more senior leadership. theres no single matchup it will boil down to, but if i had to pick a matchup it would be who ever is matched up with trey burke. contain burke and michigan is likely to lose

Offline GCJayhawker

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2013, 02:32:31 PM »

What's funny? 

I have to laugh to hide how worried I am about this game.  It should be quite the game to watch and I really don't know who wins.  I could easily see it going either way.

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2013, 02:54:46 PM »

No. They didn't even win the valley

Offline owl borland

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
  • I thought hurricane season was over
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 29, 2013, 03:02:05 PM »

No. They didn't even win the valley
GIFSoup

Don't forget your power towel. Bring it to every game

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2013, 03:15:47 PM »

What's funny? 

Honestly KU and Michigan have both been up and down all year. I picked Kansas in this one, but i realize it can go either way. Michigan has more talent, but Kansas has more senior leadership. theres no single matchup it will boil down to, but if i had to pick a matchup it would be who ever is matched up with trey burke. contain burke and michigan is likely to lose
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

• Sons of the Soil
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2013, 03:20:17 PM »

What's funny? 

i consider his matchup with mclemore a push. both good players. the fact remains that someone will have to step up to check burke and prevent his penetration. when he gets in the lane he kicks it out to hardaway, robinson, or drops it down low for horford or mcgary(watch out for nick stausgas too 6'7 white boy is a mike miller clone). that's why i think the key matchup is at point guard, since its been exposed already that Kansas lacks a "true" point guard. the key will be defending burke and i stand by that as i have followed michigan since the Ark. game

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 29, 2013, 09:15:24 PM »

What's funny? 

i consider his matchup with mclemore a push. both good players. the fact remains that someone will have to step up to check burke and prevent his penetration. when he gets in the lane he kicks it out to hardaway, robinson, or drops it down low for horford or mcgary(watch out for nick stausgas too 6'7 white boy is a mike miller clone). that's why i think the key matchup is at point guard, since its been exposed already that Kansas lacks a "true" point guard. the key will be defending burke and i stand by that as i have followed michigan since the Ark. game
Player of the match for Michigan in deed.  Credit due to you.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 29, 2013, 09:20:00 PM »
This POD guy may not be so bad after all.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 29, 2013, 09:26:09 PM »
Maybe move to K-Stateo master thread? Not sure. I am sure that I love that circa 2001 Willie basketball uniform though...

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 29, 2013, 09:29:10 PM »
Shock em!
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 29, 2013, 09:29:33 PM »
Shocktastic.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 29, 2013, 09:30:06 PM »

What's funny? 

Player of the match for Michigan in deed.  Credit due to you.

You guys know that isn't Trey Burke, right?

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #74 on: March 29, 2013, 09:35:37 PM »
 :billdance:

Oh my
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd