Author Topic: have you ever invented a new food?  (Read 32029 times)

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
Re: have you ever invented a new food?
« Reply #175 on: August 12, 2013, 11:20:31 AM »
i don't think i've ever eaten a fried egg.  the yolk part kind of creeps me out, but i'd nom nom nom all over those whites.

Seems like this should have gotten more discussion at the time. Fried eggs are amazing.

point of discussion- if i have some sort of bread then over easy/medium. if not then hard. i mean am i right or am i right here fellas?

you are right.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 12, 2013, 11:28:48 AM »
i don't think i've ever eaten a fried egg.  the yolk part kind of creeps me out, but i'd nom nom nom all over those whites.

Seems like this should have gotten more discussion at the time. Fried eggs are amazing.

point of discussion- if i have some sort of bread then over easy/medium. if not then hard. i mean am i right or am i right here fellas?

you are right.

nope not right

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 12, 2013, 11:35:10 AM »

i don't like yolks either, seven.  i usually give them to my dog (precooking).  sometimes i'll let 2 or 3 yolks stay in with 8 or 10 whites.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 12, 2013, 11:42:44 AM »
new food invented:

grill slices of sweet potato lightly brushed with oil  (great side for anything for non sweetato haters)
grill hot italian sasuages

cut up sausages and put in bowl with sweet potatoes and toss with spoonfull of your favorite jelly or jam.

this is a great breakfast.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 12, 2013, 12:01:49 PM »
oh, i thought of one too.  take a hamburger and cover it in chocolate frosting, then fry it in sugar.  then stuff it down your freak hummingbird throat.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: August 12, 2013, 12:13:31 PM »
I make a pretty elite chicken tikka masala but instead of marinating the chicken and grilling it and then adding it to the sauce I just shred a rotis. chicken into the sauce and just spice the sauce extra hard. I do this with about every recipe that calls for me to cook chicken though. not a new food, just a strategy.

i use this same method   great for chicken enchiladas     chicken parmesan        chicken other

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 12, 2013, 12:14:05 PM »
Sometimes when I am drinking 1% milk it is too watery but 2% is just too unhealthy.  Using similar ratio to 'clams Gatorade recipe, but with different ingredients, I made 1.6% milk which is just right.  Stay tuned and hopefully I'll have time to type up the recipe later.

used to do this at derby with the chocolate milk

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 12, 2013, 12:15:19 PM »

never hard unless i'm making a fried egg sandwich on untoasted bread, then hard

otherwise like hemmy said     just dip any other stuff on your plate into the nutrient rich egg juice

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 12, 2013, 12:18:28 PM »

never hard unless i'm making a fried egg sandwich on untoasted bread, then hard

otherwise like hemmy said     just dip any other stuff on your plate into the nutrient rich egg juice

well ok fine then, i mean if you have some shredded browns then yeah ok. but dipping a sausage into it? seriously? c'mon man this isn't communist russia circa 1968. there is absolutely no need to stretch that far. might pull a sams and have to get surgery or something. #stretch #eggjuice #dsams

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 12, 2013, 12:26:38 PM »
i guess at the end of the day we all just want to capture the nutrient rich eggjuice except for sys the snake lover.  which is really weird since snakes favorite food is eggs and they rely on eggjuice for life

i dip my bacon in eggjuice all the time #virus

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 12, 2013, 12:30:23 PM »
i dip my egg whites in the egg juice until they are gone and then i dip my fork until the egg juice it gone

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 12, 2013, 12:36:36 PM »
true story alert*

my cousin was really good friends with dr dre's (andre young) little sister in college and he told me that the song was originally titled "toast and juice" and was about toast and egg juice but when they all got into the studio they ended up making different versions and to everyone's surprise, the "gin and juice" one kind of stuck. anyway, i guess toast and juice was supposed to be released as a b-side, but that got dropped when dre left death row and had a falling out with suge knight. the rest as they say is "music history".

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 12, 2013, 12:45:36 PM »
Sounds like your cousin is full of crap.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 12, 2013, 12:46:11 PM »
But that does sound like a great song.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 12, 2013, 12:52:05 PM »
Sounds like your cousin is full of crap.

no. there really was some kind of beef and while i don't know exactly what it was about, i guess it started with tupac and dre but ultimately ended up involving suge and dre. so then dre was like eff it i'm out and then went and did the aftermath thing and the eminem thing and the 50 cent thing. i'm sure you can google it but that's at least how it was told to me. 

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 12, 2013, 01:13:11 PM »
wow, good scoop, rick  :thumbs:

the more you know!
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 12, 2013, 01:18:34 PM »
"Rollin' down the street, smokin' indo... grubbin' on toast and juice.  Laaaaid back... with my toast and my juice and my honey on my rye!"

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 12, 2013, 01:19:10 PM »
"Rollin' down the street, smokin' indo... grubbin' on toast and juice.  Laaaaid back... with my toast and my juice and my honey on my rye!"

:lol:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 12, 2013, 01:21:38 PM »
i don't believe the dr dre stuff

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 12, 2013, 01:27:50 PM »
i don't believe the dr dre stuff

are you even old enough to know who dr dre is, kiddo?
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: August 13, 2013, 06:20:22 PM »
I'm trying to invent a new food that involves poached eggs. I can't think of anything clever.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 13, 2013, 06:36:30 PM »
poached eggs nachos?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 13, 2013, 06:55:57 PM »
my wife's cousin used to babysit for ice cube's (o'shea jackson) cousin rodney. anyway as weird as it sounds, i guess the song "it was a good day" was originally titled "it was a poached egg" and had to do with how much cube liked poached eggs. well anyway, he showed up to the studio to "lay the track down" but it was still in use so he went to a side room to hang out and they had various different foods there. anyway that's where he tried his first deviled egg ever and decided he liked it better and changed some of the lyrics to describe how happy he was to have found a better way to eat eggs on that day. the rest, as you would say, is music history.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 13, 2013, 07:09:07 PM »
I make a pretty elite chicken tikka masala but instead of marinating the chicken and grilling it and then adding it to the sauce I just shred a rotis. chicken into the sauce and just spice the sauce extra hard. I do this with about every recipe that calls for me to cook chicken though. not a new food, just a strategy.

i use this same method   great for chicken enchiladas     chicken parmesan        chicken other

Some of the Dillons in Wichita actually sell the shredded up remains of their rotisserie chickens. Nice little time saver. Also, they use it to make a legit ass chicken salad. :lick:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 13, 2013, 07:17:55 PM »
my wife's cousin used to babysit for ice cube's (o'shea jackson) cousin rodney. anyway as weird as it sounds, i guess the song "it was a good day" was originally titled "it was a poached egg" and had to do with how much cube liked poached eggs. well anyway, he showed up to the studio to "lay the track down" but it was still in use so he went to a side room to hang out and they had various different foods there. anyway that's where he tried his first deviled egg ever and decided he liked it better and changed some of the lyrics to describe how happy he was to have found a better way to eat eggs on that day. the rest, as you would say, is music history.

I know your wife's cousin (Tracy) and she told me the same story except it was Ice-T and some Body Count song.