Author Topic: Sunflower Showdown Part 3: For a trophy!  (Read 23855 times)

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sunflower Showdown Part 3: For a trophy!
« Reply #525 on: February 01, 2023, 01:25:37 AM »
didn't even seem like our players even cared. i hope tang addresses this

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: February 01, 2023, 07:07:06 AM »
K State fans are so insecure. I saw people on twitter butthurt that Kelce casually watched the game and enjoyed himself in Lawerence.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: February 01, 2023, 07:58:43 AM »
The defense is just comically bad at times, some of the worst floor recognition on the defensive end I’ve seen at the P5 level.  Even Tang’s sister was saying they look completely lost out there. 

KJ at times thinks he’s already in the NBA. 

Our “bigs” were no shows, Sills is at rock bottom and Carter did nothing.

Bad night.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: February 01, 2023, 08:06:56 AM »
K State fans are so insecure. I saw people on twitter butthurt that Kelce casually watched the game and enjoyed himself in Lawerence.
I am quite glad I’m hardly ever exposed to this part of the fan base.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: February 01, 2023, 08:16:58 AM »
Did Kelce have bodyguards with him at the game? It looked like two very large men were accompanying Kelce as he left his seat at the end of the game. Doesn't seem like a man that large would need body guards but I'm sure he has reasons.

Offline Purple Derpathy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: February 01, 2023, 08:27:30 AM »
We got our ass whooped, but most of the margin of victory was self-inflicted.  Missing easy dunks and layups won't help. Neither will sloppy ass turnovers.

Tomlin is so incredibly frustrating to watch. He seriously looks like he's Kevin Durant on one play and the next you can tell this is literally his 4th year of organized basketball.

Saturday's game should be more indicative of this team's nature. I fully expect to win by 8+.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: February 01, 2023, 08:41:34 AM »

I don't agree with this. They fought really hard all the way.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: February 01, 2023, 08:44:17 AM »
Did Kelce have bodyguards with him at the game? It looked like two very large men were accompanying Kelce as he left his seat at the end of the game. Doesn't seem like a man that large would need body guards but I'm sure he has reasons.

Probably needed to protect himself from some freak injury in the case that KU fans storm the court.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: February 01, 2023, 08:47:07 AM »
Tomlin needs to get more aggressive specifically at the rim.  He makes really good moves, handles the ball great, and then even though he can jump out the stupid gym, he goes up soft and light for finger rolls or little pup shots at the rim.  I would love to see him do exactly what he does now to get to the rim, but then get more explosive at the rim.  Play to go through the defender. 

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: February 01, 2023, 09:03:35 AM »
Tomlin needs to get more aggressive specifically at the rim.  He makes really good moves, handles the ball great, and then even though he can jump out the stupid gym, he goes up soft and light for finger rolls or little pup shots at the rim.  I would love to see him do exactly what he does now to get to the rim, but then get more explosive at the rim.  Play to go through the defender.

Just try to dunk everything
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: February 01, 2023, 09:06:37 AM »
There’s a correlation between getting whistled for touching and defense becoming soft.

There was a point early when ku opened the lead and bilas said, “kstate needs to tighten up”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: February 01, 2023, 09:10:16 AM »
I went to the game last night.  Admittedly, first time in Allen Fieldhouse. 

Game Thoughts:
 - I don't know if I've ever seen so many missed dunks and layups in one game.
 - Defense did not play well.
 - KU had players step up that haven't rest of season.  They really wanted this one.
 - Officiating was not consistent.  Too many fouls.

Overall Allen Fieldhouse Experience:
 - Fans were great.  You could tell this game meant a lot to them.  Lots of booing and even started "little brother" chant.  Pretty amazing.
 - The place is a dump.  At some point you have to give history the middle finger and build a better venue.
 - HVAC was all kinds of mumped up.  It was in the mid-80's with no air movement.  Absolutely miserable.
 - Audio was not good.  I think their sound system is pretty new, but unfortunately difficult to hear and understand the PA announcer.
 - Intro video was overhyped.  A few of my KU coworkers have stated to me that the intro video sets the tone and is the best experience in the Arena.  Possibly the best intro video at any sporting venue.  Well friends, that is debunked because it was nothing special.  I was expecting lights to go out with other cool crap and none of that happened.  I actually think I missed the first part of it because it did not draw my attention away from people watching. 

Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: February 01, 2023, 09:14:59 AM »

Damnit  :Take the Bait:

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: February 01, 2023, 09:16:11 AM »

Game Thoughts:
 - KU had players step up that haven't rest of season.  They really wanted this one.

- Fans were great.  You could tell this game meant a lot to them.  Lots of booing and even started "little brother" chant.  Pretty amazing.
 - The place is a dump.  At some point you have to give history the middle finger and build a better venue.
 - HVAC was all kinds of mumped up.  It was in the mid-80's with no air movement.  Absolutely miserable.
 - Audio was not good.  I think their sound system is pretty new, but unfortunately difficult to hear and understand the PA announcer.
 - Intro video was overhyped.  A few of my KU coworkers have stated to me that the intro video sets the tone and is the best experience in the Arena.  Possibly the best intro video at any sporting venue.  Well friends, that is debunked because it was nothing special.  I was expecting lights to go out with other cool crap and none of that happened.  I actually think I missed the first part of it because it did not draw my attention away from people watching.

Enjoyed this synopsis. I know there has been a lot of gE/general katz hate of AFH but the more I see/read about it it comes increasingly clear it's objectively needs significant overhaul and is part it's prime.

Like I went to Cameron indoor a few years back, and it's a tiny, but super nice high school gym. It's crazy how much these storied places are like, actually fairly meh.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: February 01, 2023, 09:20:10 AM »
The defense is just comically bad at times, some of the worst floor recognition on the defensive end I’ve seen at the P5 level.  Even Tang’s sister was saying they look completely lost out there. 

KJ at times thinks he’s already in the NBA. 

Our “bigs” were no shows, Sills is at rock bottom and Carter did nothing.

Bad night.

For the most part I agree with this analysis although it's a bit overly dramatic.

What the hell does  "KJ at times thinks he’s already in the NBA." mean though?

One other thing I'll add is that I thought 'Quis tried entirely too hard in the first half to make huge plays to bring the team back and he had his worst, by far, game of the year taking care of the ball. Although his numbers were significantly worse the first game, I thought he did a better job in letting the game come to him.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: February 01, 2023, 09:30:14 AM »

Game Thoughts:

Enjoyed this synopsis. I know there has been a lot of gE/general katz hate of AFH but the more I see/read about it it comes increasingly clear it's objectively needs significant overhaul and is part it's prime.

Like I went to Cameron indoor a few years back, and it's a tiny, but super nice high school gym. It's crazy how much these storied places are like, actually fairly meh.

Right now KU has a RFQ out for bid looking for GC's for a $34M upgrade to Allen FH

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: February 01, 2023, 10:00:58 AM »

Damnit  :Take the Bait:

I’m not stunzing. Maybe they tried a little but like kilt said, they just really wanted this one a lot more

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: February 01, 2023, 10:03:46 AM »
Our scoreboard makes their scoreboard look like a community college.  That honestly surprised me as well.  Hopefully that is part of their $34m RFQ. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: February 01, 2023, 10:12:58 AM »
He does have a Security crew with him wherever he goes now. Also has a personal driver.
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: February 01, 2023, 11:03:19 AM »
The best team we have had since the rebirth of KSU hoops(NCAA 2 seed, elite 8 participant) got thumped by 17 in the field house. This teams future should not be predicted using last night as a data point.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: February 01, 2023, 11:28:36 AM »
The best team we have had since the rebirth of KSU hoops(NCAA 2 seed, elite 8 participant) got thumped by 17 in the field house. This teams future should not be predicted using last night as a data point.
This team looked somewhat less shell-shocked than what we normally see in AFH...

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: February 01, 2023, 11:46:20 AM »
This team looked somewhat less shell-shocked than what we normally see in AFH...

Didn’t look shell-shocked at all. Just missed too many bunnies and didn’t force KU to rotate on defense. Bilas was harping on our lack of ball reversals all night, and he was right. Too many one pass or no pass possessions trying to score of first action.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: February 01, 2023, 12:57:17 PM »
I thought it was interesting that Wilson basically said after the game that KU isn't beatable when they play as well as they did last night.

I mean, K-State was 6 missed dunks/bunnies (of about 15) away from being right there - and that's after a pretty meh first half.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: February 01, 2023, 01:53:37 PM »
After looking at the box score I thought it was borderline criminal that Cam only played 19 minutes.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: February 01, 2023, 01:55:20 PM »

Game Thoughts:

Last time I went there was oscar's first year. It's cool and historic, but the idea that it's some deafening building is pretty lol.