Author Topic: Help Steve Dave Build A House (NOW HELP HIM TAKE CARE OF IT)  (Read 178616 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Help Steve Dave Build A House (NOW HELP HIM TAKE CARE OF IT)
« Reply #1525 on: October 12, 2014, 01:33:55 PM »
Get a 40v lithium of whatever brand they have

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: October 12, 2014, 02:06:53 PM »
Does the batts die often?

What do you like about the lithium ion vs. gas?

How often will I have to replace this stupid battery? :curse:

Are you gE'ing?
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: October 12, 2014, 02:12:04 PM »
No, I bought a B&D 40v trimmer and blower and like it a lot. It's been discussed a ton in this thread. I like not having to mess with gas, worry about it starting, or it being loud and annoying.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: October 12, 2014, 02:20:15 PM »
Well that all sounds pretty good. Does it vibrate your hands a lot? Because I hate that. :ohno:

Also did you get a straight one or a curvy one?
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: October 12, 2014, 02:24:16 PM »
Mine is straight. It doesn't vibrate at all, because it's electric.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: October 12, 2014, 02:34:13 PM »
Sold, t-y. :D

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: April 14, 2015, 10:52:26 AM »
Getting ready to build a house.

Steve Dave, what is your biggest regret that you would do differently if you started all over again?

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: April 14, 2015, 11:28:24 AM »
He probably regrets recommending that edger/trimmer thing to me because the battery doesn't last long enough for my super elite lawn with all its graceful edges and corners. I have to do the front first, then plug in the battery while I mow, then do the back.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: April 14, 2015, 11:28:37 AM »
Low trimmer iq, but is there such a thing as a trimmer that doesn't have the stupid string? Because this is 2015 and having to stop and re-string is stupid.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: April 14, 2015, 11:32:19 AM »
Forgot to tell you guys I totally used my drill to install a bunch of cabinet knobs and drawer pulls. Took so GD long. Had over 50 to do, though. Still v. rewarding when it's all over. :excited:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: April 14, 2015, 11:34:10 AM »
There are some trimmers that you can get a wheel-like attachment that have nylon blade-like things that swivel.   They cut grass but swivel back out of they way if they hit stuff with more resistance.   Have not used, but look promising.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: April 14, 2015, 11:35:49 AM »
Low trimmer iq, but is there such a thing as a trimmer that doesn't have the stupid string? Because this is 2015 and having to stop and re-string is stupid.

you can get some models that use a replaceable plastic stick instead of a string coil.   They also make aftermarket fixed stick and blade add-ons, but I'm a little leery of those.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/ECHO-2-Cycle-21-2-cc-Curved-Shaft-Gas-Trimmer-GT-225/100662017?N=5yc1vZbx8iZ1z0xcq8

IMHO the fixed would be a bigger pain in the ass because I know how often my strings break off, seems like you'd be replacing them all the time instead of just bumping the head and continuing.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: April 14, 2015, 11:37:14 AM »
There are some trimmers that you can get a wheel-like attachment that have nylon blade-like things that swivel.   They cut grass but swivel back out of they way if they hit stuff with more resistance.   Have not used, but look promising.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-Bladed-Trimmer-Head-2-Pack-ACFHRL2/204589660?N=5yc1vZbxcg

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: April 14, 2015, 01:42:38 PM »

Steve Dave, what is your biggest regret that you would do differently if you started all over again?

third upstairs bathroom. we only have two. when we built I was like, we only need two, I'm not getting a third that will never get used. there is just me, mrs. dave, lil dave. why would we need three? I wish I had another one just for guests. we have a walkout we are going to have finished soon that will be the guest quarters with their own bath and whatnot but it's a pain in the ass for guests with all of lil dave's lil stuff in the second upstairs bathroom now.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: April 14, 2015, 02:15:45 PM »

third upstairs bathroom. we only have two. when we built I was like, we only need two, I'm not getting a third that will never get used. there is just me, mrs. dave, lil dave. why would we need three? I wish I had another one just for guests. we have a walkout we are going to have finished soon that will be the guest quarters with their own bath and whatnot but it's a pain in the ass for guests with all of lil dave's lil stuff in the second upstairs bathroom now.

Your fam isn't in Omaha, though, right? 

I think this is probably mostly a distance thing.  For instance, most of my fam lives within a 20 min drive from me, and I haven't wished we had a guest bedroom once in 13 yrs of home ownership. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: April 14, 2015, 02:23:37 PM »

Your fam isn't in Omaha, though, right? 

I think this is probably mostly a distance thing.  For instance, most of my fam lives within a 20 min drive from me, and I haven't wished we had a guest bedroom once in 13 yrs of home ownership.

SW KS and KC.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: April 14, 2015, 02:26:58 PM »

Well, I'm only having 2 bathrooms upstairs but the master bedroom is down stairs and has it's own bathroom.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: April 14, 2015, 02:30:59 PM »

Well, I'm only having 2 bathrooms upstairs but the master bedroom is down stairs and has it's own bathroom.

Mine is like this and it is fantastic. 

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1545 on: April 14, 2015, 02:50:37 PM »
My wife is really taking a hardline stance on a shower with a seat in it.  I don't understand why anyone would need to sit down in the shower.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: April 14, 2015, 02:51:27 PM »
My wife is really taking a hardline stance on a shower with a seat in it.  I don't understand why anyone would need to sit down in the shower.

Have you ever tried to prop your leg up on the wall while you shaved it?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: April 14, 2015, 02:52:39 PM »

Oh.. so it's not to sit down on?  That makes a little more sense.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: April 14, 2015, 03:01:05 PM »

Oh.. so it's not to sit down on?  That makes a little more sense.

Well you could either sit on it and shave your legs or put your foot on it to shave your legs. Either way, it avoids the need to hike your leg up to get your foot on the wall.

I am attaching a picture for you in case you don't understand how awkward it is.

[attachment deleted by admin]

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: April 14, 2015, 03:04:23 PM »
You should have put a NSFW tag on that.