Author Topic: Help Steve Dave Build A House (NOW HELP HIM TAKE CARE OF IT)  (Read 172733 times)

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Help Steve Dave Build A House (NOW HELP HIM TAKE CARE OF IT)
« Reply #2050 on: March 22, 2021, 02:50:54 PM »
Your builder is in the pocket of BIG FOUNDATION REPAIR

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: March 22, 2021, 02:51:06 PM »
Wild

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: March 22, 2021, 04:10:22 PM »
My gutters partially detached from my roof about a week ago when we got a bunch of rain. Woke up in the morning, took a piss and looked out my bathroom window and I could see my gutter hanging off the house....wtf.

When It stopped raining I climbed up on the roof an it turns out some small sticks and buds from a tree had blocked one of my downspouts causing the water to pour over the edge and tear the gutter some of the screws that held it in. The only way my drill would let me get enough reach to screw the gutter back in was to lay on the roof with my arm hanging over the side. Luckily it was only 1 story and not a steep pitch.

So that was fun.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: April 28, 2021, 09:51:37 PM »
We're in the buyers market again. About to turn a $50K profit from this spot to the next. Problem is, we're either looking south or west to get the bang for the buck. It has me feeling old as f, but also excited about how far We've came. More depressed about how far away I will eventually be from all the things I love about KC tho (downtown), but I'm at home 90% of the time either way these days by working from home and the kid. Looking into Shawnee, Desoto, Leawood, and the Blue Valley distract. The market is crazy right now. Saw an amazing house today for over $10K of what I have in mind and i'm afraid if we competed for it, I'd be a hermit. It was amaze! Any advice?

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: April 28, 2021, 10:23:11 PM »
pro gonna end up re-reading a lot of this thread. it's very fun. also reminds me of how great gooch and mrs gooch's place is, and how great it is for them.

also, 'grats wacky.

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #2055 on: April 29, 2021, 06:08:46 AM »
Older guy here that's now an empty nester.

Do you really need a bigger house? Is the difference in mortgage payments going to make a difference in your retirement? Maybe it could help fund a weekend cabin.

I have 3200 sq ft under roof. Could've raised the kids with half that and wouldn't be thinking about moving now. It's just two of us for 40 more years. Definitely don't need the space now

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: April 29, 2021, 07:44:57 AM »
Yeah, sometimes I think about needing a big house down the road to accommodate grown kids and their families when they come visit. Other times, I think that it would be a MUCH better value to have a smaller place in a much cooler location and just put up the kids up in a hotel when they, let's face it, rarely visit.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: April 29, 2021, 07:52:48 AM »
I'm going to build or buy a new house within the next few years. probably the last one ever for us. you know what's a giant PITA for this?

SCHOOL DISTRICTS!

:curse:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: April 29, 2021, 08:10:06 AM »
Older guy here that's now an empty nester.

Do you really need a bigger house? Is the difference in mortgage payments going to make a difference in your retirement? Maybe it could help fund a weekend cabin.

I have 3200 sq ft under roof. Could've raised the kids with half that and wouldn't be thinking about moving now. It's just two of us for 40 more years. Definitely don't need the space now

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
All great questions. We're doing fine in this one. Wife has been asking for an upgrade for awhile and I could use a little more space. I don't think we're having anymore kids though, so it's kinda a forever home situation/what's a good school district for lil wacky.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: April 29, 2021, 08:16:50 AM »
I'm going to build or buy a new house within the next few years. probably the last one ever for us. you know what's a giant PITA for this?

SCHOOL DISTRICTS!

Sorry, SD. Wrong thread.  :frown:

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: April 29, 2021, 08:18:43 AM »

SCHOOL DISTRICTS!

How and why?
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: April 29, 2021, 08:44:06 AM »

SCHOOL DISTRICTS!

How and why?

Because my kid is going into 3rd grade and has friends and crap and we love our school. so if I'm going to buy or build a new place it will be difficult for it to be in a different school district. And, we already live in the best neighborhood in our district so what am I supposed to do?

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: April 29, 2021, 08:49:31 AM »
Why do you need a new one?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: April 29, 2021, 08:51:36 AM »
I don’t “need” one, I want one. I didn’t build this one with the intent of two people working from home. Would like two separate dedicated offices. Also a lot more first world problem wants.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: April 29, 2021, 08:53:02 AM »
Ok, well that makes sense

Online WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: April 29, 2021, 08:54:53 AM »
i heard the price of lumber is through the roof now. T's and P's to anyone about to build.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: April 29, 2021, 08:55:08 AM »
I don’t “need” one, I want one. I didn’t build this one with the intent of two people working from home. Would like two separate dedicated offices. Also a lot more first world problem wants.

Same deal here

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: April 29, 2021, 09:00:04 AM »
Yeah, sometimes I think about needing a big house down the road to accommodate grown kids and their families when they come visit. Other times, I think that it would be a MUCH better value to have a smaller place in a much cooler location and just put up the kids up in a hotel when they, let's face it, rarely visit.

Yeah, my mom lives so far out in the bay area burbs because she wanted a giant house for Christmas visits. Outside of maybe 4 weeks a year it's just her and her husband. I liked visiting better when she first moved there and had a two bedroom apartment a block from a BART stop.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: April 29, 2021, 09:26:49 AM »
i heard the price of lumber is through the roof now. T's and P's to anyone about to build.
CanCo

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: April 29, 2021, 09:33:08 AM »
We're in the buyers market again. About to turn a $50K profit from this spot to the next. Problem is, we're either looking south or west to get the bang for the buck. It has me feeling old as f, but also excited about how far We've came. More depressed about how far away I will eventually be from all the things I love about KC tho (downtown), but I'm at home 90% of the time either way these days by working from home and the kid. Looking into Shawnee, Desoto, Leawood, and the Blue Valley distract. The market is crazy right now. Saw an amazing house today for over $10K of what I have in mind and i'm afraid if we competed for it, I'd be a hermit. It was amaze! Any advice?

That spread is like saying I am looking at Tulsa, Reno, San Francisco and the Northeast.

You need to get focused.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2070 on: April 29, 2021, 09:33:44 AM »

Makes perfect sense. I can relate.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: April 29, 2021, 09:54:26 AM »

That spread is like saying I am looking at Tulsa, Reno, San Francisco and the Northeast.

You need to get focused.
I know.  :frown: Also, the house we liked yesterday, went for 40K over the asking price.  :frown: :lol: This market!

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: April 29, 2021, 09:58:46 AM »

You need to get focused.
I know.  :frown: Also, the house we liked yesterday, went for 40K over the asking price.  :frown: :lol: This market!
Bubble will burst soon again just like 08.. This is the worst time to buy other than interest rates

Online kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: April 29, 2021, 10:00:04 AM »

We are building in WA state, moving from Denver beginning of next year.  I pray everyday the builder padded the budget enough for the lumber prices. 

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: April 29, 2021, 10:02:58 AM »

You need to get focused.
Bubble will burst soon again just like 08.. This is the worst time to buy other than interest rates
Exactly what I'm worried about, as a tight ass, trying not to be a tight ass for once.