Author Topic: Beems KU Recruiting Thread  (Read 78519 times)

Offline timhawk

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Beems KU Recruiting Thread
« Reply #500 on: June 06, 2013, 10:49:13 AM »
I go to a few KU games every year and honestly I would say at kickoff the stadium is anywhere from 70-80% full. the problem is that at half time I'd say 30% of them leave even if we are up. is sad really because KU fans don't really support the football team like they should. I mean if I was a player and saw a stadium 80% full and then come out after half and it's 50% full I'd be pretty upset. I've been to a few games at  Snyder stadium myself and it's a great atmosphere just like Allen Fieldhouse is during basketball. FWIW that ok. state game in lawrence this year was in CRAPPY weather so that's why the attendance was down for that game.

Where do you live in relation to Lawrentucky, Tim?

I live in lawrence, on the west side of town.
everyone is jealous

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: June 06, 2013, 11:06:19 AM »
I go to a few KU games every year and honestly I would say at kickoff the stadium is anywhere from 70-80% full. the problem is that at half time I'd say 30% of them leave even if we are up. is sad really because KU fans don't really support the football team like they should. I mean if I was a player and saw a stadium 80% full and then come out after half and it's 50% full I'd be pretty upset. I've been to a few games at  Snyder stadium myself and it's a great atmosphere just like Allen Fieldhouse is during basketball. FWIW that ok. state game in lawrence this year was in CRAPPY weather so that's why the attendance was down for that game.

QFT.  Even when we were good, about 1/4 of the student section would leave at halftime. 

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: June 06, 2013, 11:12:48 AM »
What would you rather do? Watch a losing football team or cruise on down to the hawk, crush some brews, and slam some fillies? I know what I would do.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: June 06, 2013, 11:23:12 AM »
What would you rather do? Watch a losing football team or cruise on down to the hawk, crush some brews, and slam some fillies? I know what I would do.

Oh yeah.  That's the thing, though... people would still have rather done that than watch a winning football team. 

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: June 06, 2013, 11:28:40 AM »

Oh yeah.  That's the thing, though... people would still have rather done that than watch a winning football team.
That sucks. :frown: That stuff can wait till after you blast some fools on the gridiron.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: June 06, 2013, 11:44:10 AM »

That sucks. :frown: That stuff can wait till after you blast some fools on the gridiron.
You would think.  Especially as rare as it is for a KU football team.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline kstate16

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: June 06, 2013, 11:59:13 AM »

I'll admit, I did this a couple times as a Freshman because I had to self medicate myself to deal with the crap football I just witnessed (Prince's last year)

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #507 on: June 06, 2013, 12:33:02 PM »

I'll admit, I did this a couple times as a Freshman because I had to self medicate myself to deal with the crap football I just witnessed (Prince's last year)

I sat through Chizik my freshman year. I win.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: June 06, 2013, 12:36:58 PM »
May have already been posted somewhere, but I did not realize that Virginia Tech (you know, the team that KU beat in the 2008 Orange Bowl, defining KU as an elite program with a win that surpasses any and all football accomplishments ever made by K-State) only has a BCS winning percentage of 16.7 % (1 out of 6).   :sdeek:

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: June 06, 2013, 01:20:21 PM »
May have already been posted somewhere, but I did not realize that Virginia Tech (you know, the team that KU beat in the 2008 Orange Bowl, defining KU as an elite program with a win that surpasses any and all football accomplishments ever made by K-State) only has a BCS winning percentage of 16.7 % (1 out of 6).   :sdeek:

Virginia Tech just went through a DoD that makes K-State's look like chump change.  Plus, their BCS Bowl losses were against elite teams like Kansas, Stanford, and Michigan.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: June 06, 2013, 01:26:44 PM »
Holy crap some of our fans will never recover from KU's orange bowl.  What's our BCS winning percentage?

When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: June 06, 2013, 01:28:01 PM »

Virginia Tech just went through a DoD that makes K-State's look like chump change.  Plus, their BCS Bowl losses were against elite teams like Kansas, Stanford, and Michigan.
Ohio State and Oregon are nothing to laugh at either, but grats anyways.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: June 06, 2013, 01:39:10 PM »
Holy crap some of our fans will never recover from KU's orange bowl.

it's a never ending circle for good reasons.

if i were a ku fan i would never stop talking about it, but as an emaw/non-ku fan it's just pud.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: June 06, 2013, 01:40:53 PM »

Ohio State and Oregon are nothing to laugh at either, but grats anyways.
See, I would equate Ohio State to Michigan and Oregon to Stanford, so the only thing separating Va Tech from Ks State is a loss to Kansas.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: June 06, 2013, 02:05:48 PM »
VaTech lost consecutive Orange Bowls to KU and Cincinnati!   

:sdeek:

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: June 06, 2013, 04:23:48 PM »
And they lost in the Sugar Bowl to a mediocre Michigan team.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: June 06, 2013, 07:59:18 PM »

False.  Virginia Tech beat Cincinnati the year after they lost to KU.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: June 06, 2013, 08:02:44 PM »

BOOM

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: June 06, 2013, 08:32:48 PM »

Whew. That would have been embarrassing for them.

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: June 06, 2013, 09:07:30 PM »
We have no room to talk when it comes to bowl games. They're Snyder's kryptonite.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: June 06, 2013, 09:22:45 PM »
We have no room to talk when it comes to bowl games. They're Snyder's kryptonite.
We don't give a crap about bowl games.  Quick, tell me who won the Orange Bowl in '08?  We'll never forget that one, thanks to Beems.   :D
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: June 06, 2013, 09:23:27 PM »
Virginia Tech beat Cincinatti

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: June 06, 2013, 10:29:06 PM »
At one point the ACC was 2-13 in BCS bowls. Their wins were over Virginia Tech(before they joined) and Cincinnati. I think they've picked up one win since then.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: June 07, 2013, 06:19:11 AM »
At one point the ACC was 2-13 in BCS bowls. Their wins were over Virginia Tech(before they joined) and Cincinnati. I think they've picked up one win since then.
It was some school from the mac or something this last year. FSU was the team that won
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: June 09, 2013, 01:23:48 PM »
National champs, Beems! Congrats!