Author Topic: Beems KU Recruiting Thread  (Read 78501 times)

Offline MikeNelson

• Fan
  • Manos the Hands of Fate
    • View Profile
Re: Traevohn Wrench to KU
« Reply #100 on: March 08, 2013, 12:39:54 PM »
KU has the #1 QB recruit from the class of '10 on its campus.

:love:

Didn't he lose his job to a guy that lost his job to a freshman last year?  Just asking.  You know, for a friend.

Offline pc5k

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 08, 2013, 12:41:23 PM »
84 wins and 2 big 12 titles compared to 36 wins in the Big12 era is quite a ways apart Beems.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 08, 2013, 01:06:14 PM »
Yeah, Old Balls has been very successful.  The program is more than one coach, though.  KU out-recruits K-State because it's a more desirable program in a better city with a better school. 

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 08, 2013, 01:08:51 PM »
Yeah, Old Balls has been very successful.  The program is more than one coach, though.  KU out-recruits K-State because it's a more desirable program in a better city with a better school.

lawrence: where slightly more highly-rated prospects go to be complacent, underachieving losers! i'd brag about that, too, lil' bro. texas out-recruits us, too!  :flush:
Please don't ban me, Mr. Dave.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 08, 2013, 01:13:09 PM »

no doubt KU has a more desirable football program than K-State, it's not even close really.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 08, 2013, 01:14:31 PM »

no doubt KU has a more desirable football program than K-State, it's not even close really.
Historically, KU is better.  Kids aren't dumb, you know?

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 08, 2013, 01:18:05 PM »

Historically, KU is better.  Kids aren't dumb, you know?

Don't think for EVEN A SECOND that 18 year olds haven't forgotten about the Orange Bowl 5 years ago.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 08, 2013, 01:18:33 PM »
Not that I'm the biggest fan of K-State's recruiting, but maybe the results indicate that quite possibly, the recruiting ranking services are wrong quite often.

Plus based on the early results in the new round of recruiting, it appears K-State is going to be okay.   K-State got a commit out of another OL with 4 other BCS offers and a Boise State offer.   The Boise State offer is the most impressive to me.

In fact, it's a little scary, every K-State  '14 commit to date holds other BCS school offers.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 08, 2013, 01:23:06 PM »
Not that I'm the biggest fan of K-State's recruiting, but maybe the results indicate that quite possibly, the recruiting ranking services are wrong quite often.

Plus based on the early results in the new round of recruiting, it appears K-State is going to be okay.   K-State got a commit out of another OL with 4 other BCS offers and a Boise State offer.   The Boise State offer is the most impressive to me.

In fact, it's a little scary, every K-State  '14 commit to date holds other BCS school offers.

It all depends on who you believe is the authority.  Most people go by the quantity of BCS offers.  Gundy and Bielema go by quality (Snyder targets).  :bill:

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #109 on: March 08, 2013, 01:23:56 PM »

And none of them are from Kansas.  We're winning battles in other states.

We just locked down the best player in KC.  We took a kid from Colorado.  We stole a kid from GQ Swag.

THIS is post-Big 12 Championship recruiting.  I'm not sure Wrench is good or bad; I'm always leery of Diener kids.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 08, 2013, 01:27:14 PM »

We just locked down the best player in KC.  We took a kid from Colorado.  We stole a kid from GQ Swag.

THIS is post-Big 12 Championship recruiting.  I'm not sure Wrench is good or bad; I'm always leery of Diener kids.

Yep, that's why I think the Facilities Master Plan Phase III has to be a sooner, rather than later project.   Get that new weightroom and that new recruiting center cranking ASAP.    That'll be a fantastic set up with the training table just above.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 08, 2013, 01:34:17 PM »
Much like KU's football program, Bens trolling has really plummeted over the last 4 years or so. Poor bastard has to claim MBB trophies while trying to hype the football team.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #112 on: March 08, 2013, 01:58:19 PM »

Yep, that's why I think the Facilities Master Plan Phase III has to be a sooner, rather than later project.   Get that new weightroom and that new recruiting center cranking ASAP.    That'll be a fantastic set up with the training table just above.

I don't think that's going to be a huge issue.  Currie has been a "strike while the iron is hot" kind of guy thus far.

I don't know how much that improvement would be.  My fear is that we've tapped out a lot of heavy hitters for the WSC, but if we win 8-9 games this year, I'm sure the money will start flowing again.

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 08, 2013, 02:22:55 PM »
With the bonds already issued for the WSC it would make more sense to use the current donations to fund the start of phase III while using future football revenue to pay installments over time. Interest rates are so low and inflation high enough that borrowed money is practically free right now for people (or organizations) that qualify.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 08, 2013, 02:50:32 PM »
Every little moonbeam counts for the worst football program in the Big 12.

Maybe if you repeat yourself enough times, you'll actually convince someone that this is true.

ku has won 6 conference games in 4 years, and lost 20 straight conference games.

The program is no worse than several other programs in the Big 12, including K-State.

Oh my God.

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 08, 2013, 02:51:51 PM »
 :lol:
Every little moonbeam counts for the worst football program in the Big 12.

Maybe if you repeat yourself enough times, you'll actually convince someone that this is true.

ku has won 6 conference games in 4 years, and lost 20 straight conference games.

The program is no worse than several other programs in the Big 12, including K-State.

Oh my God.
Please don't ban me, Mr. Dave.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 08, 2013, 02:56:34 PM »
Is beems just copy and pasting posts from last year and the year before now?

When you cheer for #team20consecutiveconferencelosses you have to go back a couple of years to find something to thump your chest about.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 08, 2013, 03:01:08 PM »

Beems is so cute you guyz!

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 08, 2013, 04:12:24 PM »

Beems is so cute you guyz!

That is pretty damn adorable.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
Re: Beems KU Recruiting Thread
« Reply #119 on: March 08, 2013, 04:25:52 PM »
I have some sources in Lawrence that have confirmed that the goalposts at Memorial Stadium have been taken to Potter Lake after the news that KU has been out-recruiting K-State.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: March 08, 2013, 04:31:34 PM »

K-State just has an incredible system with Old Balls.  You guys take 6'5 Kansas kids, greyshirt them, and turn them into studs by the time they're in their 4th or 5th year of the program.  It's not rocket science.  K-State does have a better program than KU right now, but it's not because K-State is just inherently a better program.  It's because Old Balls is one of the best coaches of all-time. 

That being said, KU has had two different coaches in the past 20 years win 10+ games in a season.  Mangino was bowl eligible in five out of six years and won three in a row vs. K-State.  That really wasn't that long ago.  KU was obviously set back by Gill, but that's done and over with and the program is in better shape from a football perspective.  Next year is the year where the competitive games will start turning into wins.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 04:34:45 PM by OregonSmock »

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 08, 2013, 04:33:25 PM »
it's true. as long as snyder's around i will be pretty much a full blown tuck when it comes to recruiting.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 08, 2013, 04:47:02 PM »
gill recruited pretty well didn't he?  well, before the  :opcat: chased him out of town after only 2 years.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 08, 2013, 04:47:08 PM »
Next year is the year where the competitive games will start turning into wins.
I think so too. 

But see, that's exactly what people said in Gill's 2nd year.  And Gill actually won a conference game in his first year.

If Weis loses all of the conference games again, will he get fired?  He pretty much has to, right?

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 08, 2013, 04:49:06 PM »
As we've said, it's no where but up for the worst program in the Big 12.   

You can't have the 2nd fewest conference wins of any original member, and be on a 20 game conference losing streak, and be be 6-26 in your previous 32 conference games and then try and deny that you're not the worst program in the conference.